What's new

I <3 Dennis Schroeder

Orangello is a very very nice person, but quite possibly the worst basketball talent evaluator on planet earth.

Hope that saying something nice allowed me to say something douchey.

If not, I was just kidding lol.

£¥£

I haven't seen last nights game, but I watched the Hawks public practice that was streamed.
But I think if you pair Schröder either with a 2nd ballhandler it will allow you to make deception plays. Like playing a high PnR with the 2nd guard coming off a backscreen from the corner. You do the horns-style entry pass and from there on you have a fast set that develops. Just an example. There's plenty deception plays.
Good thing about an elite defender at PG is that you can exhaust a star PG on the other team and force them to make adjustments in the way they bring the ball. Also you have a great chance to get stops and some lazy *** veterans often get ignited by the 'young blood' playing intense.
The other logical choice at this point is having a superstar iso player in your ranks. Gives you time for 1 or 2 attempts to play a set. If not hand it to Dr. Iso with 5-10 on the shotclock and he can do magic.

I'm not gonna lie, I was heart broken when we didn't take Schroeder... I really did have my heart set on him. Great kid trying to make a living... it's a pity the Jazz got cold feet because of his wayward attitude.

(TBH, it's most probably it's Ty who didn't want to deal with a potential headcase).

I love Schroeder too. We went another direction, and we'll have to live with that.

Dennis playing with Sap, Kover, and Carroll is kind of like he's playing for the Jazz...

Orangello is a very very nice person, but quite possibly the worst basketball talent evaluator on planet earth.

Hope that saying something nice allowed me to say something douchey.

If not, I was just kidding lol.

£¥£

Ahhh, that is so sweet of you!

CHOOOO CHOOOO all aboard the Schröder hype train
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Cy7n2hdM0

I like Shroeder and would have been plenty happy drafting him at #14, but I like Burke more and am glad we traded up to get him.

Trey doesn't seem to have a true NBA skill. Schroeder does.

His shot might be off but a miss is till a miss and both count as zero points.

Shooting off the dribble. It's one of the hardest things to master, and Burke is fantastic at it. He led the NCAA for most of the season in shooting % off the dribble, while taking a very high amount of shots (large sample size).

Two off the dribble jumpers starting at 0:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c18U291cCkM

It was only preseason and it was against bobcats and I have tired legs.

/treyburkehaters

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

Good thing that article isn't about the preseason as it was written before. So I assume you haven't read it. It's about the past, present and future. A player portfolio.

I'll reserve my judgement regarding Trey because I do see him as an "In the Moment" type player. I do think he only plays 80% most of the time, unless until it's the 4th quarter of an important game and he's able to just "turn it on" with grit, fight and determination.

How do I know? I'm a bit like that myself, so I can totally relate to how "easy" he's taking this pre-season/summer league.

Good time to bump this.

I believe Try "Seized the Moment" in his first game as a Jazz Man against the Warriors.

Good to see him finally "turning it on".

Shooting off the dribble. It's one of the hardest things to master, and Burke is fantastic at it. He led the NCAA for most of the season in shooting % off the dribble, while taking a very high amount of shots (large sample size).

Two off the dribble jumpers starting at 0:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c18U291cCkM

Also how about being able to dribble with the left hand

Good thing that article isn't about the preseason as it was written before. So I assume you haven't read it. It's about the past, present and future. A player portfolio.

Talking about the video

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe