What's new

If Trump dodges debates...

Imma throw out a slow pitch for y'all. Grab your bat.

Why would America have a minimum wage but allow imports from countries (that can be easily manufactured here) that pay their workers pennies to our dollars?

I will leave the question super simple...
kuz we iz stoopid?

Still waiting on [MENTION=848]dalamon[/MENTION] to answer a similar question from his ultra-liberal perspective: why does the left hate on exporting jobs while complaining about the poorest among us? Don't foreigners matter too?

The ultra-left perspective here argues that this is the inevitable reality of the system in place, and that only movement to a different system will bring forth realities that don't leave us with such a skewed number of economic haves, and have-nots.

Imma throw out a slow pitch for y'all. Grab your bat.

Why would America have a minimum wage but allow imports from countries (that can be easily manufactured here) that pay their workers pennies to our dollars?

I will leave the question super simple...

Because American society is geared to expansion of constant corporate growth while labour laws of the 20th century ensured worker safety and inalienable rights of working American citizens. Left the answer super simple as well :)

Because American society is geared to expansion of constant corporate growth while labour laws of the 20th century ensured worker safety and inalienable rights of working American citizens. Left the answer super simple as well :)

I see it like this.

You can care about American's earnings, you care about foreign worker's earning, or you can have free trade.. Pick two/can't have all three.

The ultra-left perspective here argues that this is the inevitable reality of the system in place, and that only movement to a different system will bring forth realities that don't leave us with such a skewed number of economic haves, and have-nots.

It was more a rhetorical & barbing question both times. I'm sure you get the hypocrisy implied in my question when it comes to the American left and Donald Trump's p.o.v. on foreign trade.

I see it like this.

You can care about American's earnings, you care about foreign worker's earning, or you can have free trade.. Pick two/can't have all three.

I'll go with free trade putting American's earnings first.

^
Is this something that "Shillary" would say?

I see it like this.

There's no such thing as completely "free" trade, so we've already not picked that one.

Right now it's more of a "pick legislations that secure the growth of what we call "job-creators" with the hope that their expanding economic empires will eventually trickle down to the lower classes-- and this applies to both domestic and foreign investment & corporations.

It was more a rhetorical & barbing question both times. I'm sure you get the hypocrisy implied in my question when it comes to the American left and Donald Trump's p.o.v. on foreign trade.

It's obvious why Trump is appealing to so many swaths of voters economically hurting in America.

It's obvious why Trump is appealing to so many swaths of voters economically hurting in America.

Do you really think that is what it is?

I think Trump's appeal is directed toward typical bar room rantings. Go inside any predominantly white bar in America and you will likely hear the same nonsense Trump spouts off. "Boarder fence", "they took our jobs", "stop policing the world", etc. The Trump Base IMO is your typical uneducated white American voter. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't been spouting off about energy independence.

There's no such thing as completely "free" trade, so we've already not picked that one.

Right now it's more of a "pick legislations that secure the growth of what we call "job-creators" with the hope that their expanding economic empires will eventually trickle down to the lower classes-- and this applies to both domestic and foreign investment & corporations.

You know I didn't mean "free" trade in its purest sense.

It just bugs me when the have-their-cake-and-it-too crowd gets holy.