What's new

i'm quite disgusted with the NBA refs tonight turning a blind eye to westbrook's actions.

yamers

I'm really happy the jazz got the win, but what westbrook got away with tonight was absolute horse ****. He was in every altercation and never got T'd up. There was like 3-4 instances were the refs just refused to acknowledged westbrooks actions in the scuffles.

He shoved rudy, and was in ingles face taunting and shoving, but ingles got the T. The one thatt really pissed me off is when he hadn’t checked into the game yet, so that would be he’s technically on the bench. According the the NBA rules, that’s an automatic fine and suspension for one game.

I hope somebody here on the forums can get a replay of the game and cut out all those parts where westbrook got away with techs.

Last edited:
Yeah, the one coming off the bench was bizarre. I don’t understand how he can leave the bench and not get tossed.

Even non-Jazz fans are dumbfounded by the fact that Westbrook didn’t get tossed from this game. It’s an embarrassment. I can’t even imagine what his antics are gonna look like in Game 5 with 4 minutes to go and the Jazz have a safe lead. This dude’s gonna hurt somebody and the NBA is more than happy to let him do so.

Even non-Jazz fans are dumbfounded by the fact that Westbrook didn’t get tossed from this game. It’s an embarrassment. I can’t even imagine what his antics are gonna look like in Game 5 with 4 minutes to go and the Jazz have a safe lead. This dude’s gonna hurt somebody and the NBA is more than happy to let him do so.
$$$$- they love it

Refs are in a weird place with this stuff. You can tell they really don't want to eject anyone unless they have to (especially big name players), but they have to attempt to keep things civil. Once a player gets their first T they kind of have the equivalent of plot armor for the rest of the game unless they do some really extra ****.

I don't know if they announced Westbrook into the game after Felton fouled Gobert. If not, I can't understand how he didn't get ejected. There are few clearer rules in the NBA than if you come onto the court during an altercation, you're gone.

Especially considering he got somewhat involved in the mix-up. Hell, I've seen players get ejected for just walking onto the court during a fight.

You could have called 15 fouls on Russ tonight. Crowder needs to get tossed again next game, but this time get his $'s worth.

Yeah, this game was a real black mark for NBA officiating. Westbrook basically dared the refs to toss him multiple times and they didn't have the guts to do it.

I'm kind of glad he didn't get ejected. He's a guy that tries to drum up drama to motivate himself. By making him play it out he doesn't have the excuse that they lost because he wasn't playing.

I have mixed feelings about the possibility of a Westbrook suspension. I want the Jazz to kick his "MVP" *** in Game 5, yet I can't stand seeing a player get away with the **** he pulled in Game 4.

edit: Still, it's best the NBA suspends him; otherwise, someone could get hurt in the next game.

I have mixed feelings about the possibility of a Westbrook suspension. I want the Jazz to kick his "MVP" *** in Game 5, yet I can't stand seeing a player get away with the **** he pulled in Game 4.
This.

Westbrook should get street justice or ejected in the next game, point blank. His ****ing bull **** can't go unanswered.

I don't know if they announced Westbrook into the game after Felton fouled Gobert. If not, I can't understand how he didn't get ejected. There are few clearer rules in the NBA than if you come onto the court during an altercation, you're gone.

Especially considering he got somewhat involved in the mix-up. Hell, I've seen players get ejected for just walking onto the court during a fight.

If you look at the last frame in the video, there are six OKC players on the floor and Westbrook came from the sideline.

I'm paraphrasing Gobert's post game press conference but he said something like "Other guys try to do something else but we're just gonna play basketball. It doesn't matter what other stuff they try to do... We're gonna keep playing basketball."

Mega paraphrased, that's not a direct quote.

The referees were god awful tonight. It was the worst officiating job I've seen all postseason.

Paul George has a backcourt violation. He's supposed to hand the ball to the official but he stalls. Ingles goes over to him to get the ball. George slaps his arm away. The ref calls a technical on Ingles. It should have been a delay of game on Paul George.

Raymond Felton hits Rudy low. Rudy doesn't initially respond to the Thunder at all. He motions to the official to step in. Rudy gets up and heads back in the direction of the Jazz bench and Westbrook steps in to instigate more. They call double technicals on Raymond Felton and Rudy Gobert. Westbrook walks away with nothing. How is that a technical on Rudy when he's trying to avoid conflict? It should have been a technical (and possible ejection) on Felton and a technical on Westbrook.

After about 10 minutes of instigating and escalating s***, Westbrook fouls Crowder hard. Crowder doesn't do anything but stare him down. But Melo steps in to escalate the situation. He throws a bearhug on Jae. Jae tries to push his arm away to leave the situation and accidentally hits Adams who is also coming in to escalate things. Westbrook only gets called for the common foul and the refs eject Crowder.

These referees just had no control of the game whatsoever. And there was zero consistency. I'd like them to tell me why Felton stayed in the game but Crowder was ejected...