What's new

i'm quite disgusted with the NBA refs tonight turning a blind eye to westbrook's actions.

So if he was supposedly allowed to come in, then somebody shoulda been off the court. I still see 7 thunder players on the court. NBA is a joke. Superstar treatment at its finest and on full display.

If that would have been reversed and it was 7 Jazz players and I don’t care which Jazz players it may have been, they’d have been suspended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tak
This is pretty interesting, the league determined he made a mistake which merited punishment beyond a technical foul because they fined him $10k. However the rules say that the punishment for what he did is an automatic suspension. Now, it is kind of a gray area in that he didn’t come from the bench per se, but I can definitely see how certain fan bases (Phoenix) will see this as preferential treatment.

Silver is a ****ing coward. Selective application of the rules. The officials better rein in the ******** they let OKC, specifically WB and PG, get away with.

So, Once again Superstar treatment reigns. Think about the typical process for checking into a game at a stoppage of play during free throws. Isn't the typical process for players to always wait at the check in table until AFTER the first free throw? You frequently see the outgoing player leave at the stoppage but the refs make the incoming player wait until after the first free throw. There is ZERO chance Westbrook was waived into the game. In addition Steven Adams also ended up on the court in the middle of the fray, though a bit later. He should have been out as well. It was plain and simple violation including escalating the situation with physical contact. He broke the rule plain and simple. The officials were horrific during the game and the league were cowards in the review. As for those who say you don't want the officials or calls to impact the outcome of a game, failing to make a call can impact the outcome of a game as well. The fact that there was a fine shows that the NBA knows he clearly broke the rule, they are just unwilling to enforce it.

Also, looking at the play leading into the situation. Rudy gets hit in the Goberries. He trys to turn around and walk it off. Ray the Buffet escalates the situation by stepping towards Gobert instead of staying still or walking away. Who get the T? Rudy, not both, not Westbrook.

I'm not sure why anyone is shocked by this? It's a superstar, he's going to play, and the NBA WILL ALWAYS bend the rules for a superstar.
Now we'll rip out the heart of OKC fair and square and ruin another franchise. Can't wait

I'm not sure why anyone is shocked by this? It's a superstar, he's going to play, and the NBA WILL ALWAYS bend the rules for a superstar.
Now we'll rip out the heart of OKC fair and square and ruin another franchise. Can't wait

Not shocked but still pissed off. I hope the Jazz go into OKC and step on their throat from the opening tip.

I prob prefer this. If he was suspended and they won game 5 at home without him, I could see him playing an angry, attacking style in game 6 and maybe sneaking one out.

Probably foolish that I feel this way but whatevs.

Anyone who is super upset he isnt suspended is a giant *****. Straight up. You really want him to get suspended over a stupid technicality rule? Christ. The Jazz are up 3-1, stop crying about the refs.

So, Once again Superstar treatment reigns. Think about the typical process for checking into a game at a stoppage of play during free throws. Isn't the typical process for players to always wait at the check in table until AFTER the first free throw? You frequently see the outgoing player leave at the stoppage but the refs make the incoming player wait until after the first free throw. There is ZERO chance Westbrook was waived into the game. In addition Steven Adams also ended up on the court in the middle of the fray, though a bit later. He should have been out as well. It was plain and simple violation including escalating the situation with physical contact. He broke the rule plain and simple. The officials were horrific during the game and the league were cowards in the review. As for those who say you don't want the officials or calls to impact the outcome of a game, failing to make a call can impact the outcome of a game as well. The fact that there was a fine shows that the NBA knows he clearly broke the rule, they are just unwilling to enforce it.

Also, looking at the play leading into the situation. Rudy gets hit in the Goberries. He trys to turn around and walk it off. Ray the Buffet escalates the situation by stepping towards Gobert instead of staying still or walking away. Who get the T? Rudy, not both, not Westbrook.

It wasn’t a free throw situation... still some ********

Like OMG guys, Russell Westbrook took a few steps on the court from the sideline where he was about to check in and talked some **** to Gobert. He nearly killed Gobert, how is he not suspended?

Like OMG guys, Russell Westbrook took a few steps on the court from the sideline where he was about to check in and talked some **** to Gobert. He nearly killed Gobert, how is he not suspended?

I agree that, on it's own, it wasn't a huge deal. However, in the context of the rest of the game, with all the garbage OKC was piling on play after play, and not being punished for, it feels wrong. For example, no flagrant on Spencer for hitting Gobert's gonads, nor on Russell for the play on Crowder where he got his fifth foul.

As for why Gobert got hit with a technical, it looked to me like he started to walk in Spencer's direction, which while not deserving of a technical, probably did worry a couple of people, and the referees over-reacted to the Jazz (again).

Anyone who is super upset he isnt suspended is a giant *****. Straight up. You really want him to get suspended over a stupid technicality rule? Christ. The Jazz are up 3-1, stop crying about the refs.

I’m fine with him playing it’s just the double standard... it obviously applies in game too.

I agree that, on it's own, it wasn't a huge deal. However, in the context of the rest of the game, with all the garbage OKC was piling on play after play, and not being punished for, it feels wrong. For example, no flagrant on Spencer for hitting Gobert's gonads, nor on Russell for the play on Crowder where he got his fifth foul.

As for why Gobert got hit with a technical, it looked to me like he started to walk in Spencer's direction, which while not deserving of a technical, probably did worry a couple of people, and the referees over-reacted to the Jazz (again).
Gobert probably said something. It's not a big deal. The refs also gave Westbrook his 3rd foul when it should have gone to the other player defending Rubio. **** happens, it's really not that big of a deal. There werent any flagrant fouls last night, so idk why they would call any.

I’m fine with him playing it’s just the double standard... it obviously applies in game too.
I really dont think it is. He wasnt on the bench, he was at the scorers table. It's a gray area and Silver ruled correctly. Anyone getting suspended over that would be ridiculous.