What's new

i'm quite disgusted with the NBA refs tonight turning a blind eye to westbrook's actions.

You know who was supremely impressive last night? Ricky... can't believe how smart he was last night and paid zero attention to his BS. He got under RW's skin in a totally different way than Jae and Ingles.

Just wanted to say how classy that guy was and how much smarter he was than RW. Used his aggression against him.

Anyone else think that the whole team and coaching staff had alot of the early stuff planned?

I'd prefer Westbrook to play from a basketball perspective because we win game 5 easy in that scenario. You don't want someone like Abrines going for 30. But this would be the straw that breaks the camel's back on reinforcing that precedent of celebrity favortism, sending the message to all referees that when a superstar is in foul trouble, you can swallow the whistle, when they've got one T, give them more slack, etc. I despise that more than I want a slight advantage of taking game 5 by having Westbrook on the floor.

Suspend him.

Westbrook didn't even get a tech for just running up on Rudy and swiping at his arm when he was holding his manhood. Contrast that with Ingles tech... yes he was being annoying... Westbrook did the same thing on several plays after scores... PG shoves Ingles when they are inbounding. PG swipes at the guys hands all nigh off ball.. Felton did the same.

Had they not whistled Ingles for the tech I think I'd say fine... just let them go... but @infection is right... their BS didn't get whistled... ours did. How the hell did westbrook not foul out or get one tech last night is beyond me.

He turned into a little bitch. Just like Chris Paul did last year vs us. These prima donnas just can't handle losing to "non superstar" opponents.

Also, how did Rudy get a tech there? He gets nut punched... gets up... is walking to the bench and felton comes in... Rudy says something then westbrook escalates and grabs the guy...

That's some BS right there... also, there is no horn on that video... none and I'm fairly sure we'd hear it. I'm not sure how they will justify it, but I'm sure they will.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports

Here is the best video of the incident without the Rudy close ups... RW clearly asks the ref if he can come in... ref extends his arm (as if to wait). RW stays there... then he darts towards Gobert as an altercation is about to occur and gets directly involved. There is no horn and it's very clear why he leaves the scorers table.

This is the very definition of the rule... and the reason the rule exists... don't escalate something and go get involved. If the NBA does not suspend him it is a flat out shamockery.

Russ said he heard the horns and came in because of that... there were no horns upon review of the video... Adams also stayed on the bench. I think it is fairly clear he came off the bench, but it is in the middle and likely can be explained away.

I'll be curious to hear the explanation.
Westbrook came onto the floor and immediately shoved Rudy, who was headed to Jazz bench as he walked off his hit to the groin. How can this be anything but a suspension?

I want Westbrook suspended before someone gets hurt. His cheap shots are only going to get worse in Game 5.

Westbrook came onto the floor and immediately shoved Rudy, who was headed to Jazz bench as he walked off his hit to the groin. How can this be anything but a suspension?

I want Westbrook suspended before someone gets hurt. His cheap shots are only going to get worse in Game 5.

i can see how the TNT video can be misinterpreted or vague... this camera clearly shows why he came on the floor and that he wasn't waved in and that there was no horn.

If you don't like the rule then change it, but if it is a rule it needs to be enforced. If he was suspended I think it'd be announced today.

I think Locke just ripped off my fact patterns here...

Using that video it is not gray... it's black and white... dude came in to get involved in a skirmish and he made contact.

It sucks for both teams and the product, but it should be a suspension.

Reactions: SCS
i can see how the TNT video can be misinterpreted or vague... this camera clearly shows why he came on the floor and that he wasn't waved in and that there was no horn.

If you don't like the rule then change it, but if it is a rule it needs to be enforced. If he was suspended I think it'd be announced today.

They don’t usually announce suspensions or fines until game day. Although that would seem kind of unfair as far as game planning.

They don’t usually announce suspensions or fines until game day. Although that would seem kind of unfair as far as game planning.

Didn't know that... will wait until tomorrow I guess.

RW violates the spirit and letter of the law... If he isn't suspended it is preferential treatment and THAT is the thing I'll be most pissed about.

Smh what a joke. The rules don't apply apparently.

Yup... don’t ever give me BS about superstar calls this is clearly preferential treatment. Watch them give PG every goddamn call tomorrow.

If that is Royce it’s a tech on the floor and a suspension.

I want his cry baby a$$ in the game anyway. I want the Jazz to rip their soul out at home and end this. Thunder know just as well as everyone else the aren’t good enough to win 3 in a row against this Jazz team. #takenote

This going to give us more motivation to ensure we finish them off?

Oh well. At least we'll get to see Westbrooks crybaby face again when we finish this series off.

He checked in because there was a stoppage in play... I didn’t realize that was a rule... oh wait it’s not a rule.

The league should apologize to the suns... at least they only violated the letter of the law.