What's new

i'm quite disgusted with the NBA refs tonight turning a blind eye to westbrook's actions.

Cool, you still want to cry and whine more so a player gets suspended over a dumb rule? Nothing happened. Everyone was fine. Stop crying.
I really think you're misreading a lot of posters feelings about this. It's reasonable to question why the league came to the decision they did without it being 'whining' or 'crying.'

I really think you're misreading a lot of posters feelings about this. It's reasonable to question why the league came to the decision they did without it being 'whining' or 'crying.'
It's clear as day.

Russ was at the scorers table. It's reasonable to think there was confusion as to whether or not he was allowed in the game. Russ didnt do anything other than have a short interaction with Gobert. It's barely anything at all. It would be beyond stupid to suspend him for a game for that.

It's clear as day.

Russ was at the scorers table. It's reasonable to think there was confusion as to whether or not he was allowed in the game. Russ didnt do anything other than have a short interaction with Gobert. It's barely anything at all. It would be beyond stupid to suspend him for a game for that.
I think its a little bit more than that. Gobert had just taken a shot to the nuts in a game that was by that point slipping out of the refs control, Russ entered the court before being checked into the game and confronted Gobert, (the Thunder feed makes this pretty obvious), and didn't even earn a T for it during the game.

Now, like I said, I'm glad he didn't get tossed becuase the way that rule is written the punishment really doesn't fit the crime. But you could say the same about what happened to Crowder later on. Its not hard to come to the conclusion that the NBA tends to apply rules to some players differently than others, and it shouldn't be too much to ask that they just apply the rules equally.

I think its a little bit more than that. Gobert had just taken a shot to the nuts in a game that was by that point slipping out of the refs control, Russ entered the court before being checked into the game and confronted Gobert, (the Thunder feed makes this pretty obvious), and didn't even earn a T for it during the game.

Now, like I said, I'm glad he didn't get tossed becuase the way that rule is written the punishment really doesn't fit the crime. But you could say the same about what happened to Crowder later on. Its not hard to come to the conclusion that the NBA tends to apply rules to some players differently than others, and it shouldn't be too much to ask that they just apply the rules equally.
It'd be different if there was some huge fight going on, or anything like that. It was barely anything.

It has nothing to do with who it's being applied to. IT HAS TO DO WITH WHEN. It's the playoffs. They arent suspending anyone for this.

And Crowder isnt suspended. He got thrown out of a game that was basically over. It's different.
I really don't think that matters. Players behavior either merits ejection, or not. Whether it helps or hurts team A or B really really shouldn't enter into it.

Disagree. Time and place matters for these things.
I guess I'm just not a huge fan of letting NBA refs make judgment calls like that. Makes it easier for everyone and cuts down on the conspiracy theories if they just abide by the rules as written. *shrug*

Cool, you still want to cry and whine more so a player gets suspended over a dumb rule? Nothing happened. Everyone was fine. Stop crying.

But something did happen though. Westbrook didn’t just wander onto the court for no apparent reason....he went to talk **** and put hands on gobert and he accomplished both. What if him coming into the court with those intentions causes gobert or someone else to throw a punch and that person gets suspended? The rule exists for a reason. To prevent guys on he sideline from coming into the game and provoking/instigating more trouble.

It'd be different if there was some huge fight going on, or anything like that. It was barely anything.

It has nothing to do with who it's being applied to. IT HAS TO DO WITH WHEN. It's the playoffs. They arent suspending anyone for this.

Maybe Russ was hoping his “barely anything” would be the beginning of a huge fight but gobert didn’t take the bait.