What's new

Is Conley Ded?

He's a ridiculously more expensive version of George Hill at this point. Hope I'm wrong as the season pushes forward.

Love how the agressiveness on the trade (and market) were something to credit to Zanik on the offseason threads, but now the failures are on DL

Just for instance, once Conley figures things out after the injury, who's to credit for ?

Love how the agressiveness on the trade (and market) were something to credit to Zanik on the offseason threads, but now the failures are on DL

Just for instance, once Conley figures things out after the injury, who's to credit for ?
DL was targeting Conley last season before trade deadline, way before Zanik comes into the picture. When you talk about getting a 1-2 year rental of PG, which GM comes to mind?

I know everything has changed, but how long do you think John Stockton would have set out with this injury?
Not one game lol. Seriously I don’t know what his full injury detail is because they are so vague about these things. These guys are pampered compared to how John and Karl were, fly first class every time, have a professional personal chef, etc. but Karl and John are also the exception not the rule, and you can’t do or expect such things anymore.

Hill was good when he does play for us. Conley's play for us so far is more comparable to Hood or AB
No, this is just a lie. Mike wasn’t hitting shots at a great rate but the team was getting much better and getting it together when he was on the floor. It was actually starting to come together. We need him back on the floor.

Last edited:

Looks to be them being very cautious with an older NBA player during a stretch of games where our guys should have been able to survive without him. Plus like has been mentioned, 3 days off before the next game anyway. He’ll be back Tuesday it looks like, and looks like he’s fine. I’m fine with the Jazz being cautious. It’s a good look to players that you’re actually considerate of their health and making sure they’re good.

Glad to have Conley back but I also dread Joe having to go back to the bench.

Glad to have Conley back but I also dread Joe having to go back to the bench.
I’m interested to see what Quin does in regards to that tbh. Will Joe start? Will he change rotations quite a bit? I feel like he might start Conley and pull him really early and try him with the second unit while putting the lineup we’ve seen on the floor with him out out there quickly. I think you’ll almost see Mudiay fazed out as much as possible now that Conleys back.

No, this is just a lie. Mike wasn’t hitting shots at a great rate but the team was getting much better and getting it together when he was on the floor. It was actually starting to come together. We need him back on the floor.
Being "much better" you mean getting blown out by a Toronto team that just lost their best player over the summer by 40 at the half? We simply weren't that good even before Mike gets injuried. Him playing or not will not change the fact that we need one additional PF on this team who could provide the energy/physicality to compete with those teams that have strong forward lineups such as Lakers,clippers, Toronto etc

I’m interested to see what Quin does in regards to that tbh. Will Joe start? Will he change rotations quite a bit? I feel like he might start Conley and pull him really early and try him with the second unit while putting the lineup we’ve seen on the floor with him out out there quickly. I think you’ll almost see Mudiay fazed out as much as possible now that Conleys back.
No. Quin will think that it was good to get Joe back in a rhythm, and now he can go back to the bench with confidence. But it should still suck as bad as it already did. I’d gladly eat my words if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe a 5 game sample is enough for Quin to acknowledge that his game plan of Joe off the bench is wrong.

Being "much better" you mean getting blown out by a Toronto team that just lost their best player over the summer by 40 at the half? We simply weren't that good even before Mike gets injuried. Him playing or not will not change the fact that we need one additional PF on this team who could provide the energy/physicality to compete with those teams that have strong forward lineups such as Lakers,clippers, Toronto etc
Mike was beginning to play well and so was the starting lineup.

No. Quin will think that it was good to get Joe back in a rhythm, and now he can go back to the bench with confidence. But it should still suck as bad as it already did. I’d gladly eat my words if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe a 5 game sample is enough for Quin to acknowledge that his game plan of Joe off the bench is wrong.
It seems pretty obvious Joe needs to play with better talent to be at his best. I don’t think you have to start him, you just need to shake up the minutes and line-up makeups a little to have him on the floor more with Rudy specifically. We’ll see. Tony seems to believe the way it looks when Mike gets back Quin will probably play with minutes to a point there won’t be much Mudiay backup.