What's new

Is Tom Brady the best football player of all time?

Is Tom Brady the best football player?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No (reply who is)

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
It's cute how you pick and choose when you just want to look at a raw stat like TD's and when you don't. Let's not take any context of style of play or teammates in when we rank players!

I never said to remove stats. If you remove stats like passer rating, winning %, playoff wins and Superbowl wins then maybe Bree's has been better than Brady.

But I will go ahead and look at those stats.

I never said to remove stats. If you remove stats like passer rating, winning %, playoff wins and Superbowl wins then maybe Bree's has been better than Brady.

But I will go ahead and look at those stats.

I dont actually think Brees > Brady, but if you apply your same logic to them as you do Bennett, you would probably have to say Brees is better. Just using Beantown logic.

What happens when you take away that 3 TD game against the Browns? In football, there's a tendency for some statistical categories to get strangely inflated by odd games. It's fair to say that his TD numbers are more of an outlier than a revelation of the player. He definitely was not one of the best TEs this year.

And Beanclown was stoked because of the two TE sets.... and well, that never really materialized in an impactful way.

Beanclown with the L, per usual.

I dont actually think Brees > Brady, but if you apply your same logic to them as you do Bennett, you would probably have to say Brees is better. Just using Beantown logic.

Wrong again.

My opinion was that I believed Bennett was going to have an elite year. Statistically Bennett has had an elite year.

The stats prove my point.

Wrong again.

My opinion was that I believed Bennett was going to have an elite year. Statistically Bennett has had an elite year.

The stats prove my point.

They don't..... they prove he had a decent year and got some TD's because of an elite offense.

What happens when you take away that 3 TD game against the Browns? In football, there's a tendency for some statistical categories to get strangely inflated by odd games. It's fair to say that his TD numbers are more of an outlier than a revelation of the player. He definitely was not one of the best TEs this year.

And Beanclown was stoked because of the two TE sets.... and well, that never really materialized in an impactful way.

Beanclown with the L, per usual.

When you have to justify stats it never helps your argument.

Stats > Opinions

Tied for 2nd in touchdowns among his peers is elite.

Again, you are justifying stats. You would be a horrible lawyer.

stats > opinions

What if Olsen played in that offense?
What if Kelse was in that offense?
What if Graham was in that offense?
What if Rudolph was in that offense?

Bennett put up OK stats in an offense that is extremely TE friendly with, by your own assertion, the greatest QB of all time.

He is an OK TE.

What if Olsen played in that offense?
What if Kelse was in that offense?
What if Graham was in that offense?
What if Rudolph was in that offense?

Bennett put up OK stats in an offense that is extremely TE friendly with, by your own assertion, the greatest QB of all time.

He is an OK TE.

If I was an idiot like you.....I could try to justify stats and say this.........

Because Bennett was in an elite offense he was actually at a disadvantage....he was targeted about 40% LESS than those players you mentioned.

But no need to justify. The stats speak for themselves.

stats > opinions

Only ****tards think numbers/stats speak for themselves. An average high schooler knows this.

If I was an idiot like you.....I could try to justify stats and say this.........

Because Bennett was in an elite offense he was actually at a disadvantage....he was targeted about 40% LESS than those players you mentioned.

But no need to justify. The stats speak for themselves.

stats > opinions

So, as you have called the NE WR's a bunch of people no one wanted, an elite TE cant get open enough to receive a high number of targets?

Whether the cheater is an all-time great or not he is a snooze to watch. Just dinkin and dunkin down the field all the time. At least Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlis, etc. will improvise and fling the ball around some. Then there's crazy athletes out there like Julio Jones catching balls and running and stuff, and Tom Brady is just standing around dinking short passes behind his blockers. He's a cheater with muscle memory made for that Bozo the Clown ball toss in the buckets thingy.

Only ****tards think numbers/stats speak for themselves. An average high schooler knows this.

Some people like myself base their arguments off stats, metrics, and analytics.

Feel free to base your opinions on whatever you choose.

Whether the cheater is an all-time great or not he is a snooze to watch. Just dinkin and dunkin down the field all the time. At least Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlis, etc. will improvise and fling the ball around some. Then there's crazy athletes out there like Julio Jones catching balls and running and stuff, and Tom Brady is just standing around dinking short passes behind his blockers. He's a cheater with muscle memory made for that Bozo the Clown ball toss in the buckets thingy.

You sound like someone who would prefer to watch Allen Iverson than Stockton and Malone. You should watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkifu8w0yk

Reactions: 8