What's new

It's KANTER and FAVORS

Don't pick up a Sexual Turkey Disease (STD).
Everybody knows to wear a glove when stuffing a turkey. Now I know for some of you this brought back some memories, however it is not acceptable if one of them was looking back fondly on Thanksgivings past smell of pumpkin pie in the oven and your mom stuffing the Thanksgiving turkey.

We all obviously knew Kanter could shoot just watching his scouting videos, why we chose to completely misuse that last year I don't know, but they need to occasionally run plays designed to have Kanter take shots.

We all obviously knew Kanter could shoot just watching his scouting videos, why we chose to completely misuse that last year I don't know, but they need to occasionally run plays designed to have Kanter take shots.

Corbin tried. Kanter wasn't ready.

His baseline J looks pretty damn good so far and he's shooting with a lot of confidence. No hesitating and very fluid shooting.

I listened to the game but had no idea they were playing like this. I was a Kanter doubter after summer league, but I have become a Kanter believer now. You have to think he's going to be better than Favors based on the leap of improvement he's showing and that he is a year younger than Favors.

not Kanter OR Favors ..

It's no other combination. It's no individual effort. These two are the future frontcourt. Their names should remain synonymous.

You didn't watch the game. Hack.

I'm going with Dennis Kavers.

Oh good, another nick synonymous with losing.

Are Kanter and Favors that much better than Jefferson and Millsap or was it just a case of whichever two come off the bench are going to have an automatic advantage over their opponents?
Wish we could have watched....

franklin approves of this type of post.

wtf is up jefferson took 15 shots for 15 points ballhogging no defense lazy *** black hole.
kanter and favors for the win 13 shots for 21 points each
woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kanter and favors better get minutes come reg season

He had 4 assists again hater. Millsap had three. Kanter and Favors had one combined. Who was the black hole?
(Calm down GVC, I joke I kid)

Corbin tried. Kanter wasn't ready.

His baseline J looks pretty damn good so far and he's shooting with a lot of confidence. No hesitating and very fluid shooting.

This is it. As I said after we drafted and throughout last year. His issue is one of confidence and not much more. We all knew he wasn't an elite athlete and never would be, but the rest is there for him to get more and more comfortable utilizing.

This is it. As I said after we drafted and throughout last year. His issue is one of confidence and not much more. We all knew he wasn't an elite athlete and never would be, but the rest is there for him to get more and more comfortable utilizing.

And this.

Sexual Turkey it is ..

turkey23.gif

Add to the list of why I love Kanter these two reasons: his humbleness and the fact that he is a great teammate. Listen to how he praises Derrick and says "Derrick helped him a lot" on the court on yesterday's game.

At about 1:56.
[video]https://www.kutv.com/sports/features/talkin-sports/stories/vid_413.shtml

I listened to the game but had no idea they were playing like this. I was a Kanter doubter after summer league, but I have become a Kanter believer now. You have to think he's going to be better than Favors based on the leap of improvement he's showing and that he is a year younger than Favors.

I think Favors will always have him beat on defense.

I'm excited about Kanter, but last year I saw him throw a layup over the backboard. I don't know how many times he picked up his dribble, got double teamed and turned the ball over. His basketball IQ is getting better and its exciting that he's this good with this little playing time, but I'm not ready to concede that he's better than Favors. (I do think Favors jump shot is fundamentally flawed, whereas I've always thought Kanter looked comfortable as a shooter.)

The biggest worry I have had with Favors is if he would be able to bear the load offensively. I think he will get even better at offensive rebounds and second chance points, and hopefully develop a few moves and his jump shot. Having Kanter come on so strong has been awesome to watch, and it takes a lot of pressure off of Favors offensively in the future. Now we need a PG who can get them the ball down low. LOVE the future of this team. Hopefully GS misses the playoffs and the Jazz can get a good PG with that pick. I am amazed by what Kanter has done, and to have 2 bigs that are good defenders and can both score will be awesome! We just need to get them on the court more when it counts.

The biggest worry I have had with Favors is if he would be able to bear the load offensively. I think he will get even better at offensive rebounds and second chance points, and hopefully develop a few moves and his jump shot. Having Kanter come on so strong has been awesome to watch, and it takes a lot of pressure off of Favors offensively in the future. Now we need a PG who can get them the ball down low. LOVE the future of this team. Hopefully GS misses the playoffs and the Jazz can get a good PG with that pick. I am amazed by what Kanter has done, and to have 2 bigs that are good defenders and can both score will be awesome! We just need to get them on the court more when it counts.

But not so badly that we don't get their pick.