What's new

It's KANTER and FAVORS

Navigating this financial maze of resigning our young guys post rookie contracts is going to be so tricky... I am very nervous and have decided that I will block out in the back of my head that it's going to happen.

Just read on Hoopshype that the Jazz have excersized the 4th year team options on Favors and Hayward and the 3rd year team options on Kanter and Burks.

Just read on Hoopshype that the Jazz have excersized the 4th year team options on Favors and Hayward and the 3rd year team options on Kanter and Burks.

This is my shocked face:

7d69b4f9-1663-498e-8664-06e612e1a2a7.jpeg

RealGM says it's top 6 protected the next two years.

2013 first round draft pick to Utah
Golden State's own 2013 1st round pick to Utah via Brooklyn (top 6 protected in the 2013 Draft, and top 6 protected in the 2014 Draft).

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

From mynbadraft.com:

Utah receives Golden State's 2013 1st round pick (via NJ) (top 7 protected in 2013 , top 6 protected in 2014) from the Deron Williams trade. NJ acquired the pick from GS in the Marcus Williams trade.

I don't know why your source says otherwise, but I'm very certain it is top 7 protected again this year.

From mynbadraft.com:

I don't know why your source says otherwise, but I'm very certain it is top 7 protected again this year.

All right, I will trust the genius quoted in your sig. It does seem that RealGM was wrong in this case that the pick is top-7 protected in 2013. It seems unanimous in the sites I've looked at that it becomes top-6 protected for 2014 if the Jazz haven't gotten it before then.