What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2022 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pacers

Added to Calendar: 01-08-22

Whiteside was terrible. I hope there's no lingering effects from that concussion (if he did have one). That's two bad games in a row for him. I didn't care all that much in Toronto as that game was a throw away game by design, but tonight was just bad.

On another note, it was astonishing how many times the Jazz were within 1 or 2 but couldn't get a lead. I've never seen anything quite like it.

This game was super frustrating. It was once again a team doing the same thing offensively to us over and over again and the Jazz having zero counters. It was painfully clear the combination of Whiteside and O’Neal was not getting it done. Why not try getting a little bigger with Whiteside and Gay? Or Paschall? Or something!!! Watching those high pick n rolls over and over again was absolutely infuriating.

No, we play the same. It’s just that Rudy’s there so you don’t notice it a lot of the time.
you are probably right. we didn't adjust. why we didn't put more effort on defense when our main defensive anchor is not there is beyond me

Royce O'Neale got abused by Sabonis tonight. Didn't make him uncomfortable at all. Now maybe you'd expect that giving up 6 inches and 15 lbs to a guy that skilled.
It was the most frustrating part of the game and defied all common sense. This happened to Royce last season as well - and I don't blame him as Snyder has this delusion that Royce can guard a player way taller than him and when it's obvious he can't Snyder still rolls with it.