What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2022 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pacers

Added to Calendar: 01-08-22

It honestly makes me question Quin in a huge way. Of course after the last two playoffs I'm questioning him anyways.
what's worse is that he actually pulled it off when he was forced to make adjustments in the last couple of games. but when he's got his main guys back he just reverts back to his usual way.

it would've at least made me feel better had he not showed us what he's capable of. he could've given us so much more, but he just too stubborn to do it.

what's worse is that he actually pulled it off when he was forced to make adjustments in the last couple of games. but when he's got his main guys back he just reverts back to his usual way.

it would've at least made me feel better had he not showed us what he's capable of. he could've given us so much more, but he just too stubborn to do it.

Stubborn or scared. Sometimes you gotta have some inner-team competition.

good news is that forrest got a DNP-CD despite being available. not sure if Quin's just given those who played extended minutes in Toronto an off-day. maybe that explains the low minutes for Paschall and House.

We need an *******… a guy like that can bring out the inner ******* in the other guys. We’ve needed that guy since Jae got traded.
Bro, you said this exact same thing on January 20th last year.

I've said for a while we need an *******... Jae was great at it. He'd find some reason to get chippy every other night. Joe is an agitator but not physical enough to be the ******* we need.

I hated the Bad Boy Pistons so I will not co-sign the comparison even if it is accurate (as it relates to our back court).
Do you want to know what I said in response?

How about Lance Stephenson?

Bogie sucked in the 4th.

PS. I can't wait until Rudy returns.
Bogie sucking in the 4th is forgiveable for me considering he only ever got the ball when our iso-heavy players dribbled into impossible situations and threw it to him to bail them out.

I know I'm beating a long-dead horse, but man it'd be nice if the Jazz ball movement didn't die in the clutch.

good news is that forrest got a DNP-CD despite being available. not sure if Quin's just given those who played extended minutes in Toronto an off-day. maybe that explains the low minutes for Paschall and House.
I think this is encouraging… there is no way you could watch yesterdays game and come away with the thought that Forrest is definitely the guy that should be playing.

Looks like our squad seems pretty out of the loop after this cluster****. Toronto to Indiana is a pretty long trip, you got a large platoon of guys out for the Toronto game, then they play in Indiana the next night. It's pretty deflating to not see Whiteside really break ground, and showcase what he's capable of.

I blame part of that on Quin's system though. Al Jefferson and Carlos Boozer in their prime would probably average 12 points per game under Quin.

Looks like our squad seems pretty out of the loop after this cluster****. Toronto to Indiana is a pretty long trip, you got a large platoon of guys out for the Toronto game, then they play in Indiana the next night. It's pretty deflating to not see Whiteside really break ground, and showcase what he's capable of.

I blame part of that on Quin's system though. Al Jefferson and Carlos Boozer in their prime would probably average 12 points per game under Quin.
It's 516 miles or an hour of flying time. I thought most of the guys were at the team hotel in Indy. The effort was awful.

We need an *******… a guy like that can bring out the inner ******* in the other guys. We’ve needed that guy since Jae got traded.
HERB JONES

Hell, Don and Conley in the last week praised how much of a beast he is. He's not some untouchable asset. We talk about Jerami Grant and Marcus Smart, but he's probably easier to get than those guys.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

That was embarrassing. I had to take off my Jazz hat and cover up my jazz shirt with my coat on the way out of the arena. Just a totally embarrassing effort.

Understandably our offense looked really bad with Pelle and House on the floor together, they just had no idea how to run the offense.

There was a few possessions with amount Gay and Paschall on the court together and we switched everything and the defense looked beautiful. Unfortunately, the rest of the game our defense was so bad, I had zero confidence we were going to come up with any stops.

Bogey is an amazing offensive talent, but his defense is so bad, it's difficult to make up for. We were down 4 and the Pacers had an out of bounds play. Carlisle subs in Holliday who Bogey loses right away and ends up open for a wide open 3. Then scores over Bogey again the next play to put the game away.

I guess I'll be coming down with covid before Monday.