What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2022 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pacers

Added to Calendar: 01-08-22

In the DN Sarah Todd through gasoline on Whiteside and lit it on fire over his poor effort. That is two days in a row calling him out.

I am intrigued. He's played very well over the last 10 games too. Slide Hughes into Clarkson's role, boom bitches.

I'm a huge Clarkson fan too, but we need players that will do the RIGHT thing. Take the RIGHT shots, and not force everything up.
it's astonishing how JC managed a team-low -30 through 27min in a game which the team only lost by 12. second lowest is the 10-day guy Pelle at -12.

I am intrigued. He's played very well over the last 10 games too. Slide Hughes into Clarkson's role, boom bitches.

I'm a huge Clarkson fan too, but we need players that will do the RIGHT thing. Take the RIGHT shots, and not force everything up.
I have no idea what would make contracts match but I’d be willing to trade anything outside of Gobert, Conley, Spida, and bogey to get us herbert. He’d be the missing piece imo.

they probably won't take Clarkson though cuz they already got a extremely similar guy in Nickeil Alexander-Walker who's given Pels fans plenty of headache and heart attack
That's why Clarkson goes to a third team.

I also think we help NOLA by using our exception to take Temple. Yes that's more luxury money, but NOLA is all about shedding bad contracts and adding assets.

Or maybe something like:

Boston gets Clarkson
Utah gets Jones and Temple
NOLA gets Butler, Boston 2022 1st, some minor pick from Utah, Hermangomez (expiring)

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

That's why Clarkson goes to a third team.

I also think we help NOLA by using our exception to take Temple. Yes that's more luxury money, but NOLA is all about shedding bad contracts and adding assets.

Or maybe something like:

Boston gets Clarkson
Utah gets Jones and Temple
NOLA gets Butler, Boston 2022 1st, some minor pick from Utah, Hermangomez (expiring)

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
New Orleans isn't doing that. They understand they got a diamond in the rough.

Quin needs to abandon the idea completely cuz it just won't work with any center whose name is not Rudy Gobert
Is it just me or did the scrubs last night play much better defense for most of the game than the starters? I don’t know if it’s because of their size being overall better or if they played harder or what. But it seemed like the defense was better than the Gobert-less munchkins we had tonight.

Royce O'Neale got abused by Sabonis tonight. Didn't make him uncomfortable at all. Now maybe you'd expect that giving up 6 inches and 15 lbs to a guy that skilled.
I watched him get smoked with footwork and get burned. The 6” and 15 lbs should have theoretically given Royce an advantage in staying in front.

it's astonishing how JC managed a team-low -30 through 27min in a game which the team only lost by 12. second lowest is the 10-day guy Pelle at -12.

He was -21 in 14 mins during the 1st half. Jazz were up by 5 when he came in mid-way through the 1st quarter, and they were down by 16 when he came out with 4 mins left in the half.

The irony is that he had a decent enough shooting night and only had 2 turnovers. He was just part of a defensive unit that couldn't get stops.

Last edited:
Is it just me or did the scrubs last night play much better defense for most of the game than the starters? I don’t know if it’s because of their size being overall better or if they played harder or what. But it seemed like the defense was better than the Gobert-less munchkins we had tonight.
They played harder and they had more length, speed, and athleticism it seemed to me.

Because "funneling to Rudy" literally means playing zero perimeter D. just let the guy pass and Rudy will save your ***. it also doesn't help that we have kept pretty much this same group of guys together for too long, so those who played with Rudy have already gotten so accustomed to getting blown that they were no longer capable of staying in front when being asked to, even when Rudy's no longer there to save the day.

I'd say when Rudy's out, cut Royce, Jingles, JC, Bogey, Conley or even DM's minutes significantly and let the new guys such as Hughes, Butler, Paschall and Gay take charge, at least on the defensive end when we need to get stops. Like the zone against Toronto yesterday was largely working before Vanvleet does Vanvleet's thing.

They're much younger and played harder and with a lot more energy. They're also faster, longer and more athletic. Our rotation guys outside of Rudy, Whiteside and Royce just aren't good defenders. And even Royce and Whiteside have a lot of moments that aren't great.

They played harder and they had more length, speed, and athleticism it seemed to me.
Right? I thought their defense was great actually. What did us in was running out of gas offensively, giving up too many rebounds (Doka too fat and whiteside not caring), and Van Fleet going off. I actually kinda liked playing guards who are nba size and forwards with nba length and athleticism.

Personally, I’m done with Clarkson. I’m ready to let Hughes have his mins. And I’d be interested in seeing more Millsap-pascal too.