What's new

Game Thread Jan 28, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 01-28-22

I’ve never seen a more undisciplined player in a jazz uniform than JR Westbrick Melo Clarkson. When he isn’t dribbling out the clock he’s chucking bad shots. When he isn’t stopping the offense he’s playing horrible defense. When he isn’t getting pushed around on defense he’s turning the ball over.

And what coach would let him play like this? Seriously, is there another coach in the league that would give him such an endlessly long leash? It’s not like he’s our only guard.

Bench his ***, restore accountability, and play Hughes. Right now Hughes giving us 6-12 pts in Clarkson’s mins would be better than the turnovers, bad shots, etc that Clarkson is giving us.

On top of everything, it would restore some accountability. Snyder will never have control of this team while he lets Clarkson actively kill our team. Why would anyone else buy into our team concept when Clarkson plays like an out of control jr Jazz kid?

Our young guys are better than the old guys, all of them except for maybe Conley. Wouldn't believe it myself but this is what we are seeing in the last few games

This game proves that Quin needs to take minutes away from Joe, Royce and JC to at least see if these young dudes can turn into regulars for us.

Why did Quin stick with his bad rotation when House was killing it? Jingles and Clarkson clearly didn’t feel like playing tonight. Why not gives Hughes and House burn? Especially given how House looked like our best player in the first half?

30 months after Memphis traded their franchise player to a “contender” so they could start rebuild, they now somehow managing to have a better record than that “contender”.
This is why I think it might be advantageous to trade Mitchell now. We could do a quick rebuild and become a contender with Rudy. Give it 1-2 years of scoring in the draft.

This game proves that Quin needs to take minutes away from Joe, Royce and JC to at least see if these young dudes can turn into regulars for us.
Our old guys are burned out. Our young players are a bunch of unproven scrubs but they put on a show for the fans in the last few games. Paschall, House, Forrest, Hughes, Butler. I mean with the team struggling like this, at least give fans something enjoyable to watch. Our old guys are just painful to watch when they are struggling to make shots.

Clarkson is -20
Felt like it should’ve been double or triple that.

There won’t be any buy in from the team as long as Snyder gives that guy the longest leash in sports history. Why would anyone, Gay, Whiteside, Hughes, Spida, etc buy into a team concept when they see the lack of accountability between Clarkson and Snyder? At this point, Snyder is the cancer to his own team.

Jazz now have the same rs record as the defending champion Milwaukee Bucks. Also effectively tied record-wise with the Sixers and Nets.

Our old guys are burned out. Our young players are a bunch of unproven scrubs but they put on a show for the fans in the last few games. Paschall, House, Forrest, Hughes, Butler. I mean with the team struggling like this, at least give fans something enjoyable to watch. Our old guys are just painful to watch when they are struggling to make shots.

Conley looked good tonight, imo. Wouldn't say he's burned out. Ingles and Gay, yeah, they're burned out.

This is why I think it might be advantageous to trade Mitchell now. We could do a quick rebuild and become a contender with Rudy. Give it 1-2 years of scoring in the draft.
I'm all in on trading one of our core pieces for more flexibility going forward. We are in a rabbit hole right now and need to get out of it ASAP

JC has led us in scoring the last two games before tonight. Jingles has been a shell of his former self.

God, I hope so. No Mitchell or Gobert, he’s the guy that will peak my interest. IMO he’d be a viable rotation piece right now if Quin would’ve just given him 10 minutes a game from the start, much more so then Forrest who avoids mistakes by doing nothing.
That’s the crazy thing… he doesn’t avoid mistakes… he’s a high turnover guy… it’s honestly ridiculous Butler doesn’t play.