What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

With the way the Blazers and Pelicans have been playing, the 3 and 4 seed are probably out of reach. I'd love to play the Pelicans in the first round.

also the league is starting to rig games in the lakers favor now too.

if anybody caught the end of that orlando magic vs lakers game it was disgusting.

Getting a first round matchup vs Blazers or Pelicans would be amazing. They are on a roll too, but who would have thought when we were 19-28?

Getting a first round matchup vs Blazers or Pelicans would be amazing. They are on a roll too, but who would have thought when we were 19-28?
I'm pretty sure there was a guy on here who kept saying that the tank was a mirage, that our record was not representative, that we'd go on a tear in February and March when Gobert came back, and that we need to focus on being competitive now (when we were 19-28) and that we need to stop overvaluing our draft picks and draft positions.

So we got 6 road games left against the top 10 teams in the league? Doesn't seem like _that_ light a schedule.

Yeah, looks pretty tough, actually. Remaining tough roadies include:

@Pels (Sunday. No Davis?)
@Spurs (on a B2B, after Mavs. Leonard back yet?)
@Golden State (1 day of rest, after playing Spurs!)
@Wolves (1 day of rest, no Butler)
@Portland (on a B2B after playing GSW!)

Two more back to back games this season—both on the road; San Antonio and Portland.

If we assume these tough road games are L's, in addition to the GSW game, that's 6 more losses on the year if we win the rest of our games (which includes wins at home v. Boston and the Clippers). That brings us to 46-36.

If I had to guess, I'd say we might be able to grab wins v. the Pels and Wolves, which would put us at 48, miraculously. Gut tells me we're looking at 47 wins, though.

This is not going to be easy at all! This is an exciting and anxious way to end the season.

Last edited:
This is so fun right now. Thank you to everyone doing the research for us lazy guys about schedules and records for each team involved in this royal rumbe of playoff positioning. I look forward to non jazz game nights in addition to game nights now so I can hope for our competition to lose.
So fun and exciting. Best thread on jazzfanz.

When you're on a 9 game road winning streak the next step is to assume that you'll lose every road game against any decent team for the rest of the year.

This is my favorite thread the last few years. Keep up the good work stoked.

I love when you post the games that matter for the jazz playoffs and we discuss who we want to win and why.
From page 1 of this thread

I think we'd be favored in a series against the Pelicans. Rudy is the closest thing to kryptonite Anthony Davis has faced. We'll need 47 or 48 wins to get to the #6 seed though. That means finishing 12-5 or 13-4.

It would be tremendously helpful if we can beat NOLA on Sunday. That would give us a shot at winning our next 7 games.

Last edited:
When you're on a 9 game road winning streak the next step is to assume that you'll lose every road game against any decent team for the rest of the year.

That's really how I feel sometimes, sadly! Something's gotta give, right? We're not going to win out the rest of the season. So when do we lose next? haha

How long til Thibs loses his President of Basketball Operations title? Stan van Gundy lost his this year. Mike Budenholzer lost his last year I think. Doc Rivers lost his this year.

That's really how I feel sometimes, sadly! Something's gotta give, right? We're not going to win out the rest of the season. So when do we lose next? haha

Something should have given on the road against the Pacers. Jazz curb stomped them. They may coast a little against the Sacramentos of the world, but outside of that Portland game, they have recognized the urgency of each game, and have shown up. We didn't even have this killer mentality in the D-Will/Boozer teams.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but we had like a 99.2% chance to make the playoffs a couple years ago and he failed. Just saying.

Wolves 28 losses, play vs Celtics. Let it be 29.
Spurs 27 losses, play @ Warriors. Let it be 28.
Jazz 30 losses

Come on.

Suns thunder too please