What's new

Jazz acquire NAW and Juancho Hernangomez for Ingles, Hughes, and two 2nd round picks.

Not for Ingles sake. Dude gave this team his all and sadly gets injured and that may end his career. Now to celebrate that he gets shipped off from his team of guys that he liked.

That's life I guess... He is making a lot of money and I'm not so certain he didn't already know this was bound to happen even before the injury.
I don't thin anyone is celebrating that he is gone, maybe a couple of people.
I think people are just looking for progress and activity from the FO, and are happy to see something.

I for one am fairly happy with the trade, but at the same time pretty bummed that Ingles is off the team.

What I don't get is, do we need to use TPE to get Juancho in the first place? If we don't, why can't we aggregate him?

I believe there is a 60 day waiting period to aggregate regardless of whether or not the player is acquired via TPE.

I'm late to the party here but:

-Really wish they hadn't traded any picks, I hope it's worth it.
-I'm not familiar enough with NAW to have an opinion, I was ambivalent on Hughes.
-I'm wondering if Juancho could actually be a valuable piece.
-This will make a lot more sense if/when another trade is made. Hopefully this means JC is gone, I wouldn't be shocked if Gay is moved.
-If they trade a first for someone, it had better be for someone good enough to be real contenders. They can't keep burning through the few assets they have.
-Bummer to move Joe, but it seemed inevitable. If he plays again, I imagine he'll be back.

Overall, I like it. I'm totally fine with dumping salary, this is a business after all. Avoiding the luxury tax eventually would be a big deal.
I wasn't expecting anything to happen at all, really. I'll give it a B for now, but we will see.

EDIT: I will be *super* pissed off if this means they let House walk.
From first to last word, I couldn't have said it better.
I will only add that right now the Jazz got no first rounders until 2026, so they need to get some young dudes with potential.

I believe there is a 60 day waiting period to aggregate regardless of whether or not the player is acquired via TPE.
The deal is not final yet? They could add more to the current deal.

The deal is not final yet? They could add more to the current deal.

It's not. Ingles is still on the Jazz injury report and I don't think it will be official until the deadline. So I think a Clarkson + Juancho deal is still very much alive if they want to do that.

I think this TPE business is that if they don't have a follow up move, it's better to take Juancho into the Favors TPE because it creates a larger TPE that expires later.

I don't believe in the existence of a god, but I believe in the ability for Vivek to make stupid moves. Say a prayer that Vivek gets buck wild and does the hail mary for Jerami Grant. We send them Clarkson, Juancho, and a 1st. They send that first, one of their firsts, and expiring for Grant.

it's takes the Jazz so long to get an athletic forward on the roster that it's getting ridiculous

It's kinda crazy how much they've ignored that need. I don't even think this NAW is that bad in a vacuum....but can someone wakeup and show the FO what happened the last two seasons in the playoffs? Gay, Paschall, Whiteside, and now NAW are all significantly higher usage guys than the players they replaced. I'm not calling or really any of those moves bad in a vacuum. But holy **** how obvious is it that we need more guys to prevent buckets instead of get buckets?

I bet we're going to trade Royce for Terrance Ross next lol.

Not for Ingles sake. Dude gave this team his all and sadly gets injured and that may end his career. Now to celebrate that he gets shipped off from his team of guys that he liked.

That's life I guess... He is making a lot of money and I'm not so certain he didn't already know this was bound to happen even before the injury.
I don't think anything really changes for Ingles. He's going to continue to rehab from Salt Lake.

NAW should be better than he is by now... he might just be a bust... but all the guys drafted the last few years are hurt by the covid stuff... they haven't had normal offseasons. Also since he was in NO he gets a little grace.

If he still sucks end of year next year then he's a bust... but he's worth a flier.

He won't be in the rotation... at least not for long. He's not a precursor to a JC move imo... if a JC move was going to happen it would happen without regard to this move.

This was 92% about money... 8% about getting a prospect imo.

What gives me some glimmer of hope is that he already was much better than he is now. If it was 3 straight years of trash then I would have already given up, but his second year was promising. Coming into this season I think a lot of people expected a breakout season and it was somewhat warranted. These shotmaker types walk a thin line between being super useful and being detrimental. It's also just hard to make decisions as a young guard. Here's hoping that he breaks out like Simons did.

I do kinda wonder if Quin can mold him into a different player. Paschall was 100% a bucket getter for GSW, but I'm so pleased with how he's changed his game even if his skillset didn't exactly matchup. NAW has a more natural transition to a useful role player than did Paschall IMO, so maybe he can be more like KCP and less like Clarkson.

It seems more likely to me that NAW is unplayable on a title contender vs suddenly becomes more efficient next to better players. At least for the rest of this season. I also think it's more likely Clarkson has a breakthrough second half of the season than NAW. So I don't think this trade, or a potential follow up trade that trades away Clarkson is going to make us a better team this year.