What's new

Jazz acquire NAW and Juancho Hernangomez for Ingles, Hughes, and two 2nd round picks.

I can't imagine Joe getting anything above the minimum next year, and even then not sure who does that. If the Jazz want to bring him back, which they should, it should be well within their capability of doing so.
Joe one of my all-time Jazz favs but honestly, he shouldn’t have been on the floor for half the games this season and that was before a major blowout. I think he’s played his last NBA game but would love to admit I’m wrong on that.

Trade is official, no funny business coming up. Defense? Don't mention that. It doesn't exist.

I feel like Quin loves Joe so much that he will ensure anyone we got in this trade is unsuccessful. He may even do some **** that causes the Jazz to have to shell out $11M to settle a lawsuit.

I'd be worried if I was Ryan.
The odds of Joe playing for Quin again may be quite low. And that’s not to say he won’t play in a Jazz uni again.

I think he's a better defender than JC. He has good tools if he stays focused.

In the end even if doesn't develop and what he gives us is roughly the same as currently Clarkson, he's younger (which is important for matching Donovan timeline for a new contract, if we're hoping to keep him beyond his current one), and he's got a shorter and cheaper contract than Jordan (not that I care how much goes out of the onwers pockets, but would be a better use of the the cap), and to keep him we still have matching rights, so we don't have to outbid ourselves (like 14m per year on Clarkson), just let anyone else set his value so that we choose to match or not if he's not interested in taking what we'd be willing to offer.

Still, how good that is to be worth 2 seconds remains of what else we do from now till the trade deadline.

I couldn't have said this any better than Andy did. I think Naw will be a good player in the future but he's still really raw at the moment and needs development...not the type of player a team trying to compete for a championship should acquire for an expiring contract and 2 second round picks. I just feel like we could've used Joe's contract to immediately upgrade the roster and we didn't. That's why I'm so disappointed in the trade. Hopefully there are more moves to come tomorrow,

In the end even if doesn't develop and what he gives us is roughly the same as currently Clarkson, he's younger (which is important for matching Donovan timeline for a new contract, if we're hoping to keep him beyond his current one), and he's got a shorter and cheaper contract than Jordan (not that I care how much goes out of the onwers pockets, but would be a better use of the the cap), and to keep him we still have matching rights, so we don't have to outbid ourselves (like 14m per year on Clarkson), just let anyone set the offer if he's not willing to take what we'd be willing to offer.

Still, how good that is to be worth 2 seconds remains of what else we do from now till the trade deadline.

He is nowhere close to the offensive player JC is. The difference between NAW and JC as scorers is about the same as Don and JC. He needs to develop a ton to get to where Clarkson is.

Will Quin actually play NAW? I'd like to see what we got but I feel like I may have to wait until the 2nd half of a blow out game in pre-season.

Would two second rounders and dropping the protections on the pick have been at all appealing to OKC on an Ingles/Kenny swap?

In the end even if doesn't develop and what he gives us is roughly the same as currently Clarkson, he's younger (which is important for matching Donovan timeline for a new contract, if we're hoping to keep him beyond his current one), and he's got a shorter and cheaper contract than Jordan (not that I care how much goes out of the onwers pockets, but would be a better use of the the cap), and to keep him we still have matching rights, so we don't have to outbid ourselves (like 14m per year on Clarkson), just let anyone else set his value so that we choose to match or not if he's not interested in taking what we'd be willing to offer.

Problem is he is currently not nearly as good as JC. He's almost a poor man's JC maybe. I'd say he's a homeless man's JC.

JC is not a player or role we should try to replicate. You can be a bench scorer without being a huge chucker. We need a regular bench creator scorer more than a poor man's JC.

I'm with @KqWIN NAW needs to remake himself as more of a KCP type if he wants to excel in a winning situation.

Would two second rounders and dropping the protections on the pick have been at all appealing to OKC on an Ingles/Kenny swap?
The want a first. Improving the quality of the 1st we already sent is likely more appealing than the seconds. They have infinity picks.

With regard to OKC... the biggest benefit is losing more. They need to help the tank. If they choose to move Kenny I think they do better than what we offer.

Maybe we could offer a 1st pick swap with one of their picks that year... that would likely be more appealing. So we could give them the right to swap the 2026 clips pick, houston pick, or their own pick with ours... make it top 8 or so protected... that would be what I would do if I thought we really needed Kenny.

Slomo Joe got the most out of what he had. And as our resident Iron Man he really did us proud! He won us some games he really had no business winning. They’ll undoubtedly retire his Jersey some day.

His chapter is written it’s in the books. He might have another run with the Boomers in him but I wouldn’t even bet on that tbh.

Will Quin actually play NAW? I'd like to see what we got but I feel like I may have to wait until the 2nd half of a blow out game in pre-season.

I think he'll give him rotation minutes his first few games but quickly grow frustrated with him and give his minutes to House/Forrest.

Joe one of my all-time Jazz favs but honestly, he shouldn’t have been on the floor for half the games this season and that was before a major blowout. I think he’s played his last NBA game but would love to admit I’m wrong on that.
I'm not saying you are wrong, but Joe is planning on rehabbing and getting back in the league. He's going to be looking for a new contract for next season. I think the Jazz should give him one, which might only result in him being part of the locker room.

Kinda wondering if the talk of Clarkson for Grant is real.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

There must be one more move coming right? JC? Conley? Regardless, we just got younger and more athletic. Let’s get Grant in here.

There must be one more move coming right? JC? Conley? Regardless, we just got younger and more athletic. Let’s get Grant in here.
Grant's not happening. Sorry everyone.

I think the Jazz did this move today on purpose. I think they're gonna TRY to double-jump here, but I don't think they have it worked out (yet).

Now, if this is really all they were planning then stick a fork in the organization.