What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I am full on in on deep conspiracy theories here based on the narrative being pushed and TJ's info. Here's what I think I think:

- We have basically agreed on the trade.. it has RJ in it. It will be RJ+Toppin 2 unprotected picks and 3 protected picks plus one swap. Fournier and Reddish. The extension was to alleviate our concerns and the deadline was all performative. The timing of the extension and the "deadline" are questionable. Extensions don't normally happen until October unless they are max extensions. The deadline being prior to 9/6 is weird. I think Tony knows the trade (it may not be what I say but I think Tony knows the key parts... I have no info other than what he has said on the public forums to be clear).
- We have a deal with the Lakers to get both unprotected picks. The deal involves Bogey, Beasley, Reddish, and one of the protected 1sts we get from NY (swapping a protected pick for an unprotected pick is smart). I can also see JC or Mike going in the Lakers deal... more likely Mike.

Back to the important stuff I agree with the sentiment of this post but I think the deal is slightly different.

RJ + Fournier + 3 unprotected 1sts + 2 protected 1sts + a pick swap

There is one more piece added I’m not entirely sure who it is (McBride?) but I doubt the Knicks are willing to add Toppin with RJ. I hope I am wrong though because that would be insane. It is interesting that Tony mentioned both of them.

Since we gain an unprotected 1st we lose a protected one. This is where I was asking if we’d rather have a protected 1st or a pick swap.

Last edited:
Ok… I really liked you Log… I will not stand for Arby’s slander especially their curly fries
Hey I said their curly fries are ok. That's not slander, it is just the truth. They are fine.

Besides written here it would be libel.

Everything else is garbage.

I’m getting Arbys this weekend… and it will get this thing to the finish line.

I am full on in on deep conspiracy theories here based on the narrative being pushed and TJ's info. Here's what I think I think:

- We have basically agreed on the trade.. it has RJ in it. It will be RJ+Toppin 2 unprotected picks and 3 protected picks plus one swap. Fournier and Reddish. The extension was to alleviate our concerns and the deadline was all performative. The timing of the extension and the "deadline" are questionable. Extensions don't normally happen until October unless they are max extensions. The deadline being prior to 9/6 is weird. I think Tony knows the trade (it may not be what I say but I think Tony knows the key parts... I have no info other than what he has said on the public forums to be clear).
- We have a deal with the Lakers to get both unprotected picks. The deal involves Bogey, Beasley, Reddish, and one of the protected 1sts we get from NY (swapping a protected pick for an unprotected pick is smart). I can also see JC or Mike going in the Lakers deal... more likely Mike.
- I think all of this is consummated by next weekend.
- Serena Williams is not retiring.
- Arby's is fine and curly fries are delightful
**** curly fries!

Back to the important stuff I agree with the sentiment of this post but I think the deal is slightly different.

RJ + Fournier + 3 unprotected 1sts + 2 protected 1sts + a pick swap

There is one more piece added I’m not entirely sure who it is (McBride?) but I doubt the Knicks are willing to add Toppin with RJ. I hope I am wrong though because that would be insane. It is interesting that Tony mentioned both of them.

Since we gain an unprotected 1st we lose a protected one. This is where I was asking if we’d rather have a protected 1st or a pick swap.
I don’t think we get that 3rd unprotected in the RJ deal… which is fine imo if we can land the Lakers picks and if we get the 23/28 Knicks picks unprotected. Give me two swaps in 25/27.

I think Obi or IQ are definitely in the deal.

I think TJ was just saying they aren't going to try and be bad forever. I think there are a million shades of what that is supposed to mean, so you can interpret it how you will. The reality is that it will take all star level talent to be competitive again. It will take awhile to draft and develop those stars.
Reading the tea leaves, I think the Jazz will prioritize “young player development” (i.e. sucking for draft position and maybe some player development) for two years and then switch to trying to become competitive with the new young prospects that come in. I do t think it’ll be a multi year tank. Having other teams draft picks goes a long way towards that.

I think we have positioned ourselves well to get:

RJ (on a good extension) +Obi and 2 unprotected picks - plus stuff

Or

Grimes+Obi+IQ and 3 unprotected picks.

I'm good with either option.