What's new

Jazz and Mid-Level Exception

Illyasova is a nice player, I like him a lot, but he is getting more than the Mid Level - probably 9 or 10M per year. Same with Ryan Anderson.

Unless there's a bigger trade in the works, the Jazz should amnesty Bell and trade out one of the PGs. What we really need is a starting-caliber SF.

I'm mildly intrigued by Michael Beasley and even curious about Anthony Randolph.

KOC recently said that they won't bring in Tomic until he really proves himself, since he'll be incredibly expensive (the Jazz have to pay off his team, and then pay him). Also, Gasol is starting to slow down, he'll be his own stopper. Still a great player.

Well, he's already proved to be a Gasol stopper so I'm not sure what more you could ask out of him.

What about Ilyaslova? He'd work well with Favors down low, and can also play some PF. A younger version of Kirilenko with a much better jump shot (though probably not as good of a passer). Maybe a sign-and-trade with the Bucks, AJ for Ilyaslova, if the salaries match up? They need an inside presence now that Bogut is gone.

Ilyasova is not a SF, he can play it occasionally but his natural position is PF. Also he is FA and he can go where ever he wanna. So small chance for Bucks to sign and trade.

Unless there's a bigger trade in the works, the Jazz should amnesty Bell and trade out one of the PGs. What we really need is a starting-caliber SF.

I'm mildly intrigued by Michael Beasley and even curious about Anthony Randolph.

Beasley as a SF? Hell no!

Gordon Hayward IS our starting-caliber SF. We need a starting-quality SG. I like that the Jazz are pursuing Danny Green. If we can sign him (w/ the full mid-level exception), the Jazz, on paper, have what they need to contend THIS season. Our main problem in the playoff series against San Antonio was our total lack of outside shooting prowess. Well, the additions of Green and Mo Williams will hopefully help a lot with this situation. Not to mention improved outside shooting from Hayward and Burks. Raja Bell SHOULD be amnestied. He is holding the team back from reaching their potential. If Bell is gone, Green would replace him in the lineup. I then want us to trade Devin Harris and Earl Watson (along with the GS Pick) to Sacramento for Tyreke Evans and Francisco Garcia. The contracts match and the trade works on both ESPN.com's Trade Machine and Realgm.com's Trade Checker. We then go with this depth chart:

PG: Tyreke Evans, Mo Williams, Jamaal Tinsley
SG: Danny Green, Alec Burks, Kevin Murphy
SF: Gordon Hayward, Demarre Carroll, Francisco Garcia
PF: Derrick Favors, Paul Millsap, Jeremy Evans
C: Al Jefferson, Enes Kanter, Derrick Favors

That is one deep team that has everything it needs to seriously contend THIS season.

Delfino, as suggested on another thread, could be a very nice SF for a championship caliber team. (which Jazz strive to be)

Pass on Kirk. I like him mode than Harris, but that's not saying much, and Hinrich on a multi-year scares the balls out of me.

Calderon might get amnestied. Him and Mo would be a little duplicitous and one of them would have to play some off-guard. Doesn't make a **** ton of sense, but I like Calderon. All of this assumes we dump Curious George.

I agree about needing a starting SF. Both Burks and Hayward can handle the ball and be playmakers. Start one at SG and bring the other off the bench. I also like the idea of either playing alongside Mo so he can share the role as the setup guy for the offense. That would free him up as the kickout player off the drive. And we want Mo as our outside shooter, at least until Burks or Hayward can develop consistency.

I don't see us getting a big-name FA. I think KOC will try to find someone like Bell (the first incarnation) or Memo, i.e. a player who was under-utilized by his current team and has considerable upside, rather than overpaying for a player or getting someone on the decline. Of course, with Harris and Jefferson available for trades, I guess there's also a decent chance we get a higher-priced veteran in exchange for those expirings.

Well, Hibbert just got a MAX deal. Surprised?

Well I didnt really clarify.

There are real max guys and fake max guys. There will always be that.

What I mean is that lower tier guys will start getting less with less teams willing to go into the luxury tax.(im assuming the new CBA will have an effect.) Guys that arent considered to be key cogs wont have as much leverage because the market landscape wont be so open to over paying scrubs.

Roy Hibbert is pretty good. He isnt Dwight Howard, but is one of the better centers.