What's new

Jazz and Mid-Level Exception

Asik is getting a 3-year deal from Houston for $50M.

Houston outgoing: Budinger, Dalembert
Houston incoming: J.Lamb, Ask

I guess maybe they know what they're doing after all.

WOW that is insane for a guy with such limited minutes and shot 40 something percent from the free throw line.
Same league that gave Jerome James $30 million and Dan Gadzuric $36 million. In this country if you're 7-feet tall you can make alot of money without being good at anything. fwiw, I do like Asik, but that's just ridiculous.

Per @ESPNSteinline:

Housekeeping note: Rockets swingman Courtney Lee is now an unrestricted free agent after Rockets withdraw his qualifying offer.

Wow.

Dang.

I like Courtney Lee, but as has been the Jazz's fate over the past few years, he plays a position the Jazz seem pretty set at and there remains a pretty gaping hole at SF and PG in terms of players to build with down the road.

I don't know if there's an obvious move the Jazz should make until they see how their young players look at camp. In the past, I'm sure the Jazz would have taken a shot at Courtney Lee or maybe OJ Mayo.

But Lee is probably an upgrade over whoever the 4th wing is supposed to be. Hell, we don't really know how good anyone is going to be. I know Lee can shoot like a mother-****er, I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting out of Hayward or Burks on a given night, and we know basically nothing about Marv on the Jazz but we do know he wasn't very good on the Hawks.

Minnesota should've sign this kid, instead of trading for Bud.

Signing Lee to the right deal would be an especially good move if Corbin et al had the stones to play Burks and/or Lee at the 1 for a handful of minutes while Hayfever was the distributor on the offensive end. But, naw, we'll throw Watson out there cuz he's PGlol.

Signing Lee to the right deal would be an especially good move if Corbin et al had the stones to play Burks and/or Lee at the 1 for a handful of minutes while Hayfever was the distributor on the offensive end. But, naw, we'll throw Watson out there cuz he's PGlol.

WWatsin? LOll hes2shortL0l

Jazz could do a sign and trade to get Courtney Lee or Danny Green using their remaining trade exception which is like 2-2.5 million or throwing half of the MLE at Lee and the other half at Green.

But Lee is probably an upgrade over whoever the 4th wing is supposed to be. Hell, we don't really know how good anyone is going to be. I know Lee can shoot like a mother-****er, I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting out of Hayward or Burks on a given night, and we know basically nothing about Marv on the Jazz but we do know he wasn't very good on the Hawks.

We couldn't possibly sign Lee. He's strictly a 2. The hole is at 3, and neither Lee nor Burks could play 3.

While Burks may eventually be able to play 1, it's wildly optimistic that he would be able to do it from the jump in a consistent rotation. So a Lee signing effectively means choosing between him and Burks as the backup 2. Not realistic.

We couldn't possibly sign Lee. He's strictly a 2. The hole is at 3, and neither Lee nor Burks could play 3.

Honest question, do you jaywalk? Or, because it is against the code, you don't.

(remember, you are one of my fav posters. You've just been a ball-bustin' helluva downer lately).