What's new

Jazz are committed to Donovan as cornerstone according to Woj

I think it’s fairly easy to see why the fanbase likes Gobert more than Mitchell.

He’s an underdog that came out of nowhere to be an elite player. He was all effort, all the time. He, at the very least, appeared to be upfront and honest about things. He spoke his mind, and didn’t shy away from things. But most importantly to a fanbase used to getting **** on, he full out loved Utah, loved being here, and wanted to be here for his whole career. By now it’s pretty obvious that Don, despite being a very good player and having good attributes, does not want to be here long term and has a crappy attitude. Is it really any wonder the fanbase likes/liked Rudy better? It really isn’t that difficult.
Who is Rudy Gobert? I don't see him on the roster anywhere.

Weird. We must have shopped him around for months and traded him or something.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I’ve never seen quite the cult-like fan club Gobert has. It really doesn’t have to be like this against Donovan. Fact is Donovan is a top-5 Jazz-man of all-time along with Rudy. It doesn’t have to be a competition especially when Rudy isn’t on the team anymore.

What? Top 5? No way… Hayward is above Don and Hayward is like #7 or 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don’t think Mitchell is good enough to build around, that’s valid. Don’t think he could be the best player on a championship team? Valid. I probably don’t either. But the rumors and blaming everything in him has gotten totally out of hand. I understand people really loved Gobert, but Mitchell isn’t the reason he was traded. This isn’t all Mitchell’s fault. Does it seem like they didn’t like each other? Maybe. If we’re being honest, most of the players in the league don’t seem to like Rudy. Mitchell and Gobert didn’t have to be friends, they had to make it work on the basketball court and they couldn’t. But I do think they both sincerely tried and I don’t blame either of them. I blame the roster around them and bad front office and coaching decisions more than them.

Mitchell has been nothing but a total class act his whole time here. He’s a good dude. There are so many insane rumors about him flying around this forum and around jazz fans that have no validity. It’s got to stop. Let’s appreciate him while he’s here. His rookie season is my favorite Jazz season ever (I wasn’t old enough for Stockton and Malone). When we trade him it’ll break my heart, just like trading Gobert did

If you don’t think Mitchell is good enough to build around, that’s valid. Don’t think he could be the best player on a championship team? Valid. I probably don’t either. But the rumors and blaming everything in him has gotten totally out of hand. I understand people really loved Gobert, but Mitchell isn’t the reason he was traded. This isn’t all Mitchell’s fault. Does it seem like they didn’t like each other? Maybe. If we’re being honest, most of the players in the league don’t seem to like Rudy. Mitchell and Gobert didn’t have to be friends, they had to make it work on the basketball court and they couldn’t. But I do think they both sincerely tried and I don’t blame either of them. I blame the roster around them and bad front office and coaching decisions more than them.

Mitchell has been nothing but a total class act his whole time here. He’s a good dude. There are so many insane rumors about him flying around this forum and around jazz fans that have no validity. It’s got to stop. Let’s appreciate him while he’s here. His rookie season is my favorite Jazz season ever (I wasn’t old enough for Stockton and Malone). When we trade him it’ll break my heart, just like trading Gobert did

I agree with a lot of that except the last part. Not sure if i'll feel much when he's traded. Certainly nothing like this last week

What? Top 5? No way… Hayward is above Don and Hayward is like #7 or 8.

Realistically...

1. Malone
2. Stockton
3. Dantley
4. Gobert
5. Maravich
6. Williams
7. Kirilenko
8. Mitchell
9. Hayward
10. Okur
11. Boozer
12. Big T

Something like that. Just off the top of my head.

This would make a good poll. Top 10 Jazz players of all time. Might need 2 to set up a 3rd.

By the way, the first 5 on this list would likely win multiple championships.

I would say the top-5 Jazz players ever are likely Malone, Stockton, Gobert, Mitchell and Dantley.

Realistically...

1. Malone
2. Stockton
3. Dantley
4. Gobert
5. Maravich
6. Williams
7. Kirilenko
8. Mitchell
9. Hayward
10. Okur
11. Boozer
12. Big T

Something like that. Just off the top of my head.

This would make a good poll. Top 10 Jazz players of all time. Might need 2 to set up a 3rd.

By the way, the first 5 on this list would likely win multiple championships.

I would put Maravich and Williams over Gobert. Mitchell over AK.

So Gobert #6
Mitchell #7

That tweet could have been verbatim for Quin when he came in.
So quick to forget he built the #1defense 5 years ago. #2 4 yrs ago. Then we decided to trade it all for the best 3 pt and best ortg just last year. We have won all the metrics and none of the trophies via maxing out the stats. I believed in the blender. Now we know what happened to it..

I'm ok if others want to get their hopes up, but don't present cheap talk as a reason for me to follow suit.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app

Gobert is 100% the franchise #3, Dantley #4.

Hornacek is in contention for top 10.

Not sure where Don would fit off the top. The top 4 mentioned, Dwill, AK all cleanly above him for me. Eaton too I’d say. I’m not high on Pete, but it’s a discussion. As of now I’d lean Don over Hayward, but some of that could be expecting more from him, if he got traded this offseason he’s not head and shoulders above Gordon by any means. Who else deserves mention?

High end of #8 for Don currently (Malone/Stockton/Gobert/Dantley/Eaton/AK/Dwill)

Gobert is 100% the franchise #3, Dantley #4.

Hornacek is in contention for top 10.

Not sure where Don would fit off the top. The top 4 mentioned, Dwill, AK all cleanly above him for me. Eaton too I’d say. I’m not high on Pete, but it’s a discussion. As of now I’d lean Don over Hayward, but some of that could be expecting more from him, if he got traded this offseason he’s not head and shoulders above Gordon by any means. Who else deserves mention?

High end of #8 for Don currently (Malone/Stockton/Gobert/Dantley/Eaton/AK/Dwill)

Give me your case for why Kirilenko is over Mitchell. I’m dying to hear this.

Whatever. There’s a debate to be had between him and Hayward you homer. What isn’t debatable is him being too 5. Not yet.

Now you give me your case for Hayward over Mitchell.

I would put Maravich and Williams over Gobert. Mitchell over AK.

So Gobert #6
Mitchell #7

I would argue AK had a more complete game that contributed more to winning. But therein lies the debate. It's hard to put too many players above someone who has multiple all-nba teams and major awards under their belt (multiple DPOY is nothing to scoff at), hence Williams and maravich under Gobert imo.

Hayward’s best 3 years with the Jazz:

20.3 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 45% from the field and 37% from 3

Mitchell’s last 3 years averages:

25.3 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 4.9 APG, 45% from field and 37% from 3

Donovan is a 3x All-Star and Hayward is a 1x All-Star