What's new

Jazz at Knicks Game Thread Monday 3/7/11 5:30pm MST

Cj sucks

For the millionth time on this board. CJ MILES SUCKS. The knicks left him wide open on purpose and he still couldn't make any shots. Melo was laughing in his face. Please send him to the D-league...oh ***** I bet the D-league doesn't even want him. Fensenko probably shoots better threes than Miles. Harris wasn't so hot for today and Jefferson was a one man army(if it wasn't for him the Jazz would be 20-150).
The knicks stadium looked bored as ever, imagine the Jazz playing in Denver (everyone would've been screaming JAZZ SUCK). BENCH CJ for the rest of the season and please don't play him. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Obvious in the building and says:
Favors is a young stud and will be worth the price of admission in the next couple of years.
Big Al is also a stud. Milsap is proving to be more of a minor stud, but could and should be with the team in spite of nights like this.
Devin Harris is a decent backup point guard who can't be bothered to defend the 3.
Raja Bell plays tough, scrappy defense and is not afraid to dive for loose balls and mix it up. Unfortunately, he does this typically at the end of blowout games against the other team's scrubs.
CJ Miles is fantastic. Once in every six games.
Hayward is okay but had better show more improvement between now and the summer or else he'll be our starting two.
Evans is fun and can play in this league. He'll always be bench material, but he's the kind of guy every team wants on their bench.
Earl should be starting.
Did AK get hurt? Captain O wonders about this, but is too lazy to go back and read all the posts in a game thread that is already this long when the Jazz have played this poorly.
We need a 2 not a number 2. We left those laying all over the floor tonight.

Because of injury, AK and Millsap were both game time decisions.

Looks like they made the wrong decision.

I expected a loss; but I also expected The Jazz to play with some heart - didn't happen.

At least Favors looked really good again tonight

So Jefferson is averaging 26 pts, 11.4 rebs. and 2.4 blocks in the last 4 games. I guess that's pretty good. He's shooting almost 57% from the floor.

What's everyone else's problem?

2 of our key guys, Millsap :( and AK (again?) are injured down the stretch.

The season is just about done. Enjoy the rest of the games Jazz fans.

Millsap looked injured, may be best to rest him for a while give D Favors big minutes.

If only Bell & CJ could get injured too.

What's everyone else's problem?

They have to "try" in order to "do anything"...

BennetBrauer.jpg

Millsap looked injured, may be best to rest him for a while give D Favors big minutes.

If only Bell & CJ could get injured too.
I agree. Rest Sap and AK. No point in having them re-injure themselves like tonight. It also helps drive down AK's value if we choose to re-sign him.

This is a completely demoralizing loss. It will be a battle to restore the confidence of these players.

Also, things are worse than I thought they would be, but I didn't expect us to be better after the trade, especially for this season.

These games happen. For as good as the Knicks looked, they have lost twice in two weeks to the worst team in the league - the Cavs.

Isn't it curious that while the Jazz were doing reasonably well, Jefferson put up mediocre numbers and now that we suck, he's putting up great numbers? Keeping in mind that this is a guy who put up awesome numbers on a bad team for years.

Isn't it curious that while the Jazz were doing reasonably well, Jefferson put up mediocre numbers and now that we suck, he's putting up great numbers? Keeping in mind that this is a guy who put up awesome numbers on a bad team for years.

Jefferson is the man now. He is more or less picking up Deron's share of scoring and doing it rather efficiently. I don't think the Deron led Jazz were much better at all. The Jazz lost 13 of the last 17 games Deron played in! The law of averages simply made up for some of their fluke wins early on. It all evened out.

Jefferson has been the most consistent member of this team throughout the season, and is improving every month.

him putting up higher scoring is directly related to no one else being able to score and becoming the focal point of the offense.

sidenote: how many botched alley oops did earl attempt this game??? jesus..