What's new

Jazz at Knicks Game Thread Monday 3/7/11 5:30pm MST

So Jefferson is averaging 26 pts, 11.4 rebs. and 2.4 blocks in the last 4 games. I guess that's pretty good. He's shooting almost 57% from the floor.

What's everyone else's problem?

The thing that has dogged Jefferson throughout his career is that he puts up great numbers but his team sucks. This isn't helping that theory any. That being said, I don't fault any of the latest losses on him. He's putting up his end of the deal.

Great night for Harris.

At least we slowed down Anthony and Stoudemire. Oh wait.

The thing that has dogged Jefferson throughout his career is that he puts up great numbers but his team sucks. This isn't helping that theory any. That being said, I don't fault any of the latest losses on him. He's putting up his end of the deal.

This.

Isn't it curious that while the Jazz were doing reasonably well, Jefferson put up mediocre numbers and now that we suck, he's putting up great numbers? Keeping in mind that this is a guy who put up awesome numbers on a bad team for years.

Jefferson's +/- tonight: -33! Watson, Hayward, and Favors were all positive. i don't know what this means exactly, just thought i'd toss it out there.

The thing that has dogged Jefferson throughout his career is that he puts up great numbers but his team sucks. This isn't helping that theory any.

I'm not sure why that is. His scoring efficiency is quite good. His defense isn't bad. He seems to play within the offense. It's not like he's Zach Randolph here, who sometimes freezes out the rest of his team. Al passed the ball quite a bit early in the season. He just doesn't have any other great players to play off of yet.

I guess the same could be said of Blake Griffin and Brook Lopez right now.

Jefferson's +/- tonight: -33! Watson, Hayward, and Favors were all positive. i don't know what this means exactly, just thought i'd toss it out there.

In this case it was a simple as the starters were getting crucified out there and he was a part of that group. The bench actually played an ok game, although I can see why anyone would say that no part of the Jazz played an ok game.

I'm not sure why that is. His scoring efficiency is quite good. His defense isn't bad. He seems to play within the offense. It's not like he's Zach Randolph here, who sometimes freezes out the rest of his team. Al passed the ball quite a bit early in the season. He just doesn't have any other great players to play off of yet.

I guess the same could be said of Blake Griffin and Brook Lopez right now.

Hopefully if Favors develops and the Jazz get a quality draft pick or two here that will help him. A front line of Al and a developed Favors sounds great. That being said, there were plenty of times to play Favors and Al together tonight and it really didn't happen. I can't fathom why. Jerry's nutty substition patters have seemed to rub off on Ty, although in his defense all the bigs seem to be hurt right now.

Captain Obvious in the building and says:
Favors is a young stud and will be worth the price of admission in the next couple of years.
Big Al is also a stud. Milsap is proving to be more of a minor stud, but could and should be with the team in spite of nights like this.
Devin Harris is a decent backup point guard who can't be bothered to defend the 3.
Raja Bell plays tough, scrappy defense and is not afraid to dive for loose balls and mix it up. Unfortunately, he does this typically at the end of blowout games against the other team's scrubs.
CJ Miles is fantastic. Once in every six games.
Hayward is okay but had better show more improvement between now and the summer or else he'll be our starting two.?????
Evans is fun and can play in this league. He'll always be bench material, but he's the kind of guy every team wants on their bench.
Earl should be starting.
Did AK get hurt? Captain O wonders about this, but is too lazy to go back and read all the posts in a game thread that is already this long when the Jazz have played this poorly.
We need a 2 not a number 2. We left those laying all over the floor tonight.

I have a few problems with your post.

A) The Gordan Hayward statement makes no sense
B) If you really think Earl should be starting over Harris, your about as dumb as Ty Corbin. Earl Watson is a decent backup, with a outside jumper in the skill range of shaquille o'neals. Plus Earl said himself, Hes not comfortable starting. He wants to play his natural position, which is coming off the bench and playing pg

Please bring back defensive stoppers Korver and Memo. I can't stand the defense of "defensive players" Raja and Jefferson anymore...

Seriously, Ty Corbin really needs to focus on defense in practice. This team makes the Nash/Amare led Suns look like the Bad Boy Pistons...

Terrific lesson for KOC.

You cannot build a team whose "shooting guards" cannot shoot. 23 percent cj and raja combined tonight... 2-11 3 pt shooting... ugh...

Terrific lesson for KOC.

You cannot build a team whose "shooting guards" cannot shoot. 23 percent cj and raja combined tonight... 2-11 3 pt shooting... ugh...

Raja was a 40% + career three point shooter coming into the season, do you know how rare those are?
If you are telling me KOC should have expected he would fall off a cliff, I would like to ask your advice on many future world events.
So, as usual, your observation is quite worthless.

Raja was a 40% + career three point shooter coming into the season, do you know how rare those are?

Bell was also 34 and had played only 6 games last year. No one expected him to be anything more than a solid role player. A backup SG type of guy. Problem was the Jazz already had a strictly backup SG in Miles(on whom they have already wasted 6 years for his "development"). They just stockpiled on backup SGs which is what they have been doing for the past 10 years, besides overpaying Kirilenko

I do. He's a black hole.

people on these boards are so quick to put the boot into the best thing about our team.

[sigh]

it reminds me of when deron was still here...

I have a few problems with your post.

A) The Gordan Hayward statement makes no sense
B) If you really think Earl should be starting over Harris, your about as dumb as Ty Corbin. Earl Watson is a decent backup, with a outside jumper in the skill range of shaquille o'neals. Plus Earl said himself, Hes not comfortable starting. He wants to play his natural position, which is coming off the bench and playing pg

*"You're" as dumb as Ty Corbin.
The Hayward comment is meant to be ironic, given the play of our 2 guards. And my comment about Earl was also intended not to be taken seriously. I think his play has been better than Devin's in terms of commitment to defense and other "intangibles." That's all.

Captain Obvious out.

I listened but didn't watch the game last night. Locke and Boone said that certain players quit durring the game, and mentioned that it was not very smart of them because KOC was there and they are applying for a job next year. They were careful not to mention any names, so I'm asking those who watched to call them out. Who quit ?