What's new

Jazz at Knicks Game Thread Monday 3/7/11 5:30pm MST

I listened but didn't watch the game last night. Locke and Boone said that certain players quit durring the game, and mentioned that it was not very smart of them because KOC was there and they are applying for a job next year. They were careful not to mention any names, so I'm asking those who watched to call them out. Who quit ?

Devin Harris was one for sure.

Sure glad we signed that proven stud of an NBA head coach, Tyrone Corbin, to a multi-year deal. Doing a fantastic job so far. How much of the team has quit on him now, 2/3 or just half? Did we sign him up for 23 years?

Big Al is gettin' his and is impressive that way. But he does not make the players around him better. You know he is not going to make a good pass out there and he does not make the defense pay for double or triple teaming him, which happens often. When was the last time (first time?) anyone saw him pass it out to an open teammate for a 3 pt attempt? The "Return of the Black Hole". And you can see with the recent record how much it helps the team even though he is getting big numbers.

Sure glad we signed that proven stud of an NBA head coach, Tyrone Corbin, to a multi-year deal. Doing a fantastic job so far. How much of the team has quit on him now, 2/3 or just half? Did we sign him up for 23 years?

So it's Corbin's fault if the players quit on him 7 games into his tenure? Or is it the player's fault for not playing like they should.

So it's Corbin's fault if the players quit on him 7 games into his tenure? Or is it the player's fault for not playing like they should.

Does it matter which direction it is coming from? They have been around him for 7 years, if they had great respect it would not be happening. I am still worried that the Jazz, instead of making a hard-nosed search for the absolute best HC they could find, went for familiar and comfortable over ability. Now I know it is too early to judge Ty, but so far so bad. Do you see anything great going on with the new HC that I am missing?

Does it matter which direction it is coming from? They have been around him for 7 years, if they had great respect it would not be happening. I am still worried that the Jazz, instead of making a hard-nosed search for the absolute best HC they could find, went for familiar and comfortable over ability. Now I know it is too early to judge Ty, but so far so bad. Do you see anything great going on with the new HC that I am missing?

Remember they can still always fire him. Now if the contract is guaranteed they would still have to pay him, but gotta believe he is getting paid close to the bottom for NBA coaches.

Bell was also 34 and had played only 6 games last year. No one expected him to be anything more than a solid role player. A backup SG type of guy. Problem was the Jazz already had a strictly backup SG in Miles(on whom they have already wasted 6 years for his "development"). They just stockpiled on backup SGs which is what they have been doing for the past 10 years, besides overpaying Kirilenko

No reason he shouldnt be able to hit 3 pointers. How old is Ray Allen?

Please bring back defensive stoppers Korver and Memo. I can't stand the defense of "defensive players" Raja and Jefferson anymore...

Seriously, Ty Corbin really needs to focus on defense in practice. This team makes the Nash/Amare led Suns look like the Bad Boy Pistons...

Are you trying to say Jefferson was thought of as a good defensive player? That of course has always been the biggest criticism of him. He is obiviously not a very good defensive player and never has been. It takes more than a few blocks to be a good defensive player.

Give him a chance. He is a rookie head coach. Hard to know what they have as far as a head coach. This team has been turned upside down over the last year. It's a little early to give up on Ty as being a decent coach. He has been interviewed a few times by other teams as possible head coach replacements so he can't be THAT bad can he?

We should definitely consider trading either Jefferson or Milsap. Effective big men with reasonable contracts are huge assets. One of them should land us a solid SG or SF who can create his own shot and shoot from the perimeter. Question is, who would play better alongside favors?

We should definitely consider trading either Jefferson or Milsap. Effective big men with reasonable contracts are huge assets. One of them should land us a solid SG or SF who can create his own shot and shoot from the perimeter. Question is, who would play better alongside favors?

Agreed, we are much more in need of outside shooting than another big. Got that Greg and KOC and Ty????? Shooters, who can make it beyond that arc stripe.

Tried to stay awake to watch this game, now glad I didn't.
Knew it would be a blow out, but still not this bad.

At least Favors and Hayward had some good play in the first half. I believe in Hay's jumper...it's going to be really good down the line.

Tried to stay awake to watch this game, now glad I didn't.
Knew it would be a blow out, but still not this bad.

At least Favors and Hayward had some good play in the first half. I believe in Hay's jumper...it's going to be really good down the line.

Yeah, just think it was disappointing that in such a blowout that we did not have some plays run for Gordon in the 4th.

This is why some fans need to be banned...

Al scores 36 points and gathers 12 rebounds while CJ and Raja combine for 23 percent shooting. Yet, fans still critise Jefferson.

Idiots.

Jefferson has been our (only) legit NBA player for a good 2 months now. The rest of these jokes couldn't start for most NBA teams. Especially our SGs, who probably couldn't even dominate the D-league right now.

This is why some fans need to be banned...

Al scores 36 points and gathers 12 rebounds while CJ and Raja combine for 23 percent shooting. Yet, fans still critise Jefferson.

Idiots.

Jefferson has been our (only) legit NBA player for a good 2 months now. The rest of these jokes couldn't start for most NBA teams. Especially our SGs, who probably couldn't even dominate the D-league right now.

I bet you feel like a moron after all the garbage you had been posting about Jefferson since the beginning of the season.

I think Jazz fans need to realize how pathetic our 2s and 3s have been most of the year. With the exception of a few games CJ has had and AK has had (recently), our team has only received contributions from Al, Millsap, and the PG (Harris/Williams). Literally, most of our team is below the avg nba talent. Fess, Elson, Bell, Price, etc. There's a reason why these guys have been with so many teams over their careers.

Raja was a 40% + career three point shooter coming into the season, do you know how rare those are?
If you are telling me KOC should have expected he would fall off a cliff, I would like to ask your advice on many future world events.
So, as usual, your observation is quite worthless.

Bell was also 34 and had played only 6 games last year. No one expected him to be anything more than a solid role player. A backup SG type of guy. Problem was the Jazz already had a strictly backup SG in Miles(on whom they have already wasted 6 years for his "development"). They just stockpiled on backup SGs which is what they have been doing for the past 10 years, besides overpaying Kirilenko

Yeah, but we didn't expect him to be the equivalent of garbage out on the court...I mean, players have their off nights, but don't you be ridiculous.

balki.jpg

Tony Douglas

I recall the Jazz bringing in Toney Douglas for a workout prior to the 2009 NBA Draft.

What a sight to see that same Toney Douglas hit the Jazz for 20 points on 6-9 from the field and 5-7 from 3-point range.

Then, in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Jazz brought in and fell in love with (I can hardly contain my laughter) a little cherub named Gordon Hayward. Now granted, Hayward isn't going to win any basketball games for you or strike any fear into the opposition, but he's still white and pretty.