What's new

Jazz Charter Flight Engine Trouble

That conception is inaccurate as a contemporary condition of the religion. Blacks do hold the Priesthood today and are treated with the same respect as anyone else.

Never mind that there's racism in the church today(How many members of the Quorum are black?), but even if it was true that things are different right now, it doesn't change the fact that until 1978, black people could not hold the priesthood. This isn't 100 or 200 years ago, this is in 1978! The same people who upheld this ban until 1978 are running the church today. Russell Nelson is 96. Ballard is 92. I don't know if any of the apostles are under the age of 65. I get that the church is a gerontocracy, but that doesn't change the point here.

You can't just wave a magic wand(or maybe you can, if you're the LDS church) and then act like the 100+ years before that never happened. Once again, the ban ended in 1978! That's 14 years after the Civil Rights Act. 24 years after Brown vs. the Board of Education. 12 years after the NBA had a black coach.

And even after the ban was lifted, most Mormons believe it was G-d's will and the right thing to do.

Never mind that there's racism in the church today(How many members of the Quorum are black?), but even if it was true that things are different right now, it doesn't change the fact that until 1978, black people could not hold the priesthood. This isn't 100 or 200 years ago, this is in 1978! The same people who upheld this ban until 1978 are running the church today. Russell Nelson is 96. Ballard is 92. I don't know if any of the apostles are under the age of 65. I get that the church is a gerontocracy, but that doesn't change the point here.

You can't just wave a magic wand(or maybe you can, if you're the LDS church) and then act like the 100+ years before that never happened. Once again, the ban ended in 1978! That's 14 years after the Civil Rights Act. 24 years after Brown vs. the Board of Education. 12 years after the NBA had a black coach.

And even after the ban was lifted, most Mormons believe it was G-d's will and the right thing to do.

So what you are saying is Jazz fans are weird.

Your points are valid, I’m not the one to attempt to refute them. I actually fell away from the Mormon church around 70, 71 at around 15 years old because when I asked my Bishop about this very subject, his answer was just that, basically God’s will and something I had to pray about. Not an acceptable answer in my book. Which meant I’d be the son that didn’t go on a mission, which made me the black sheep and the object of persecution (devious, gaslighting lot my family). My family wasn’t exactly representative IMO (key word dysfunctional), but my opinion is that most Mormons lack the capacity for free thought. But that wasn’t my point!

The contextual basis of my point was that, in my opinion, the Mormon history piece (how many actually know the history), is not the primary reason for the negative perception by outsiders, particularly as it pertains to insular racism. Just an opinion nothing more