What's new

Jazz draft Brice Sensabaugh at 28

Brice kinda looks like DeRozan when he dribbles into that midrange pullup
He is a strange mix of Derozan's midrange game and Banes 3pt shooting. If he can get his body on point then he could be pretty special offensively. As is he is still a great piece to have as a sniper.

Honestly he isnt GG, but he is close and I was irrationally high on GG at one point so I'm sure I can talk myself into Brice.

I guess he is GG w/ the ability to get through the interview process with self-awareness.
And unlike GG and yourself, Cy, Brice didn't get stoned before the draft.

Ohio St vs UNC

Summary:
- Big body and knows how to use it. Man amongst boys around the basket.
- Very smooth player that pairs well with his physicality. Comfortable handling the ball and making passes.
- Defensive engagement is good, but doesn't have length. Some half hearted help attempts
- Plays within the offense, makes the right reads
- Cash money shooter
- Got tired at the end of 1H
- You wouldn't get the impression he's a bad defender just from this half.

1H
- Defintely chunky, but gets skinny around screens on first defensive position. Switches and gets physical on big. Contests driver but gets scored on. Not bad.
- Gets out lengthed on FT rebound
- The whole Ohio St team is thiccc and it's hilarious
- Semi transition defense, a little out of position but good quickness to stuff the drive. Great contest forces a miss.
- Relocation spot up three from the top, misses.
- A little flat footed, but seems engaged on defense.
- Defender guarding him at half court, crowd is hyped. He tries to bully ball his way into a mid range but is called for a travel.
- Half hearted dig down attempt
- Good cross court pass, but missed three from teammate
- Gets a tough, contested rebounds and immediately rifles it to a teammate for assist. Good play.
- Bad defensive stance on the ball
- Bites on closeout pump fake, but decent contest
- Activity on offensive class creates second chance, gets a second offensive rebound and finishes. Man amongst boys.
- OK double down on post, but miscommunicates w/ teammate
- He is somehow slow and quick at the same time?
- Pullup off the dribble three, easy
- Big bodies defender in transition for a bucket
- Good push in transition and changes speeds to beat first defender, but gets chase down blocked
- Good switching/getting around screens at the top, UNC passes it to him for free. In transition goes for a lazy behind the back pass which is a turnover lol
- Beats rotating defense off the dribble, UNC collapses, makes the right read and passes for an open 3
- Gets beat off the dribble in semi transition, should have been an AND1 but no continuation in NCAA basketball
- Spot up 3 on the wing, cash
- Forces up mid range off the dribble, brick. He wants a foul though.
- Contested spot up 3 with defender all over him, like a quick trigger but that was ill advised
- Bacot pins him under the basket in transition. AND1. He's tired, that's it for the first half.

Tony' draft article today said Brice needs to lose 20 lbs.
I highly doubt he can lose 20 pounds. Some people just have naturally massive lower bodies and he is one of those guys. He can turn some of his baby fat into muscle but I have a hard believing he can get under 240 pounds with his tree trunk legs which probably aren't going anywhere.

If was a trainer, I would make him do 20 minutes of hot sauna before and after everytime he works out. It great for body recomposition. Not exactly weight loss but you would get more toned and muscular.

Heat shock proteins happen during the peak of a vigorous work out. If you heat up your core temperature then your body is in a longer state of peak workout and it has a very nice effect on body composition, conditioning and strength.

This guy has already gone trough 2 surgery required knee injuries
and has red-flag / red-flags in defensive game and even becoming to NBA player is a questionmark.

I'm not impressed at all of this pick and i get serious Lonzo Ball or total bust wibes of this guy.
If this young-man plays more than 50-100 NBA games i'm more than surprised.
What a hell Mr Ainge?