What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

Can the Jazz offer him the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception which is a little over 9 million?Offer him a 1+1 Contract and everyone is happy. Utah has nothing to lose if the Bucks match this offer..
Yes the Jazz can offer him that but he would have to accept that which I doubt he would, and I think its 8.6 million this year. Next year it goes up to 9.2 million I believe.

I was really really hoping we’d pick up Lopez. But I imagine he’d want more money and playing time than we could offer.

I try to be a jazz homer, and try to avoid criticizing the jazz players, coaches or front office. But i must admit i will be dissappointed if jazz summer consists of drafting Grayson and letting Jerebko join the warriors.

Last edited:
So, admittedly I dont know exactly how the cap works I guess.

Arent the Bucks over the cap? How can they sign Lopez and still retain rights to Jabari?

BTW, Jabari unfriended Giannis and the team on IG.

Cmon Jazz. Go get him.

So, admittedly I dont know exactly how the cap works I guess.

Arent the Bucks over the cap? How can they sign Lopez and still retain rights to Jabari?

BTW, Jabari unfriended Giannis and the team on IG.

Cmon Jazz. Go get him.

Teams can go over the cap to sign their free agents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teams can go over the cap to sign their free agents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well no duh.

I thought the idea was that you cant hold off signing your own guys while you sign others players. Then go and sign your own, allowing your team to easily go over the cap. Otherwise we could have just said to Derrick hold on while we sign a few guys then we will re-sign you. Same with Exum.

Do you even understand what I am asking? I probably should just wait til someone else responds.

Well no duh.

I thought the idea was that you cant hold off signing your own guys while you sign others players. Then go and sign your own, allowing your team to easily go over the cap. Otherwise we could have just said to Derrick hold on while we sign a few guys then we will re-sign you. Same with Exum.

Do you even understand what I am asking? I probably should just wait til someone else responds.
They’re over the cap so they can use exceptions. Right now they operate under Jabari’s cap hold.

Well no duh.

That is true you can only go over the cap to sign your own guys except for a few exceptions that teams get. Such as the Mid level exception and bi annual exception. The Bucks used their bi-annual exception to sign him. the bi annual I think has to be under 3.3 million and the mid level exception has to be under 8.6 million. But it can be split up between multiple players.

I try to be a jazz homer, and try to avoid criticizing the jazz players, coaches or front office. But i must admit i will be dissappointed if jazz summer consists of drafting Grayson and letting Jerebko join the warriors.

If you are counting letting go of jerebko then don’t you also have to count retaining X and favors as off season moves. Especially if you are a so called homer.