What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

I follow you fish, but i was just looking at roster changes.

I mean if you would have told me at the trade deadline or at the end of the Houstin series that everything would be better because the jazz would waive Jerebko and add Grayson I would have laughed. It is still not addressing the teams most glaring two needs.

It will probably be okay come October, but I feel it is still undone today.

I mean if you would have told me at the trade deadline or at the end of the Houstin series that everything would be better because the jazz would waive Jerebko and add Grayson I would have laughed. It is still not addressing the teams most glaring two needs.

Normally Id be with you on this. I think the team should always be trying to improve somehow. But I can buy into this one year that we see if we can get some internal growth(bake the cake so to speak). Everyone is still pretty young. Plus we didnt see much of Exum in the rotation, and Crowder was new. This team was pretty dang good late in the season. Its worth running it back and seeing if they can improve on last year.

I would have loved to add Jabari somehow, but Ill take this too. Should be another fun year. Grayson Allen or not. If he can contribute its just icing on the cake. Im not even putting much hope in what he has to offer this year.

You haven't been paying attention if you had the impression the FO was making moves this offseason. The objectives were to:
* Retain our free agents
* Maintain cap flexibility for next offseason.

You haven't been paying attention if you had the impression the FO was making moves this offseason. The objectives were to:
* Retain our free agents

And the FO excelled completely at those two objectives.

We've had many lessons since DWill had left:

- Don't draft a big that can't defend (Kanter)

- Don't promote a coach without looking around first (Corbin)

- Don't draft an undersize PG who isn't quick and can't defend (Burke)

- Don't draft a 1 dimensional wing (Burks)

- Don't draft a guy based off of the 'balance test' (Lyles)

Maybe this is another thing we'll have to go to to see if it works (run the same team back 1 more year).

36860389_10166518840022037_4992911683602087936_o.jpg

Maybe this is another thing we'll have to go to to see if it works (run the same team back 1 more year).

All lessons I could have gave them for free way back when and saved them the trouble.

All lessons I could have gave them for free way back when and saved them the trouble.
Haha..

The only one I can truly say I saw coming was the promotion of Corbin.

We should have had a good look around first.

The hire also led to the Trey Burke mistake.

* Retain our free agents

Yeah thats what FO said in last few days. I guess i git confused by all of Jazz fanz saying jazz needed another playmaker, or by Ricky recruiting Bejinka, or Mitchell recruiting Paul George.

And if the priority was bringing players back why did they let the one unique guy go join the warriors?

Problem with drafting small unathletic is John Stockton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have believed someone if they said we would be better next year right after the Houston series if we had the same team next year. We played them very well and had multiple injuries. I think we can beat Houston or at least push them to 6 or 7 with a healthy roster.

Exum played good defense in that series but he playing through a hamstring injury that eventually got worse and took him out.

Favors sprained his ankle and was playing through it hobbled on a minutes restriction.

Rubio, who was one of our most impactful players in the OKC series and the end of the season missed the series. He is easily our 3rd best player in the playoffs. But just as important it forced Mitchell to play out of position at PG more, which he is not as good at right now.

Mitchell got hurt after a huge run from him in a game that we might have won if he didnt get hurt. It might be talked about as an all-time great Jazz playoff performance. He completely took over the game in the 3rd quarter and got us the lead, and then he got hurt.

I just want to see our team healthy in the playoffs for once, at least our starters.

And if the priority was bringing players back why did they let the one unique guy go join the warriors?

He is an end of the bench guy that gets playing time when we have injuries. It does not really matter either way. Plus maybe we still have someone in mind we are targeting in FA or in a trade that we need a spot open for.

As for cap flexibility next season...the whole league is gonna have it. The story after the season ended was jazz were going toi use all of this offseasons flexibility to improve the team while Donovan was young and while most other teams did not have flexibility .

As for cap flexibility next season...the whole league is gonna have it. The story after the season ended was jazz were going toi use all of this offseasons flexibility to improve the team while Donovan was young and while most other teams did not have flexibility .
Yeah, I dont think we are going to have room for a max player next year, nor do I think one will sign with us.

I think it is way more likely that the Jazz work out an extension with Rubio during this season and we try and look for a trade to improve the roster.

I'd argue Stockton is quicker and a better defender than Burke.
You wouldn't have known that the day he got drafted.

And "I'd argue" lmao, Stockton was a very good defender, Burke not so much.

It is a little crazy Jabari Parker has still not accepted an offer or got an offer. But I think the Kings will. But his agent and him might be over valuing him. They also might be chasing a specific deal that gets him out of Milwaukee and a FA next year.

But more surprising is that a few free agents ranked ahead of him on most lists are still available. Capela, Smart, Nurkic and even IT.

Those 4 RFAs are probably getting upset with their teams. I am guessing all 4 of Parker, Capela, Smart and Nurkic are just trying to position themselves to be 2019 UFA. I hope all of those teams lose those guys next year.

It is a little crazy Jabari Parker has still not accepted an offer or got an offer. But I think the Kings will. But his agent and him might be over valuing him. They also might be chasing a specific deal that gets him out of Milwaukee and a FA next year.

But more surprising is that a few free agents ranked ahead of him on most lists are still available. Capela, Smart, Nurkic and even IT.

Those 4 RFAs are probably getting upset with their teams. I am guessing all 4 of Parker, Capela, Smart and Nurkic are just trying to position themselves to be 2019 UFA. I hope all of those teams lose those guys next year.
I thought Nurkic's deal was done?