What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

****ing kill me if we are paying Exum $15 million a year and Favors $18 million a year.

Exum may be worth the QO, but that’s about it. If he gets an offer of more than $10 million a year, Jazz should let him walk. He can’t dribble, shoot, or finish and is the most likely player on the roster to pull a Hayward on us if he does ever reach this potential everyone talks about.

I love Favors, but I agree it’s in both parties’ best interest to let him walk. If he is making anything near $18 million, that better just be a one year over pay.

Exum isn't worth more then 5 mill. I'll be severely disappointed in the Jazz if they give him 15 mill

This is his caphold, not salary projection. I doubt he gets more than 10M.

He gets MLE unless Sacramento gets stupid dumb... imo.
double S&T Exum + 1st + stuff for Aaron Gordon. (if Orlando doesn't want to give him big money, because they got Isaac and Bamba in the last 2 drafts - I still can't think of Gordon as a 3... )

double S&T Exum + 1st + stuff for Aaron Gordon. (if Orlando doesn't want to give him big money, because they got Isaac and Bamba in the last 2 drafts - I still can't think of Gordon as a 3... )

So the sign and trade rules are wonky for guys getting more than a 20 or 25% raise... makes it hard to match salaries. If we dropped below the cap it might be doable with the flexibility

The salary counts as 50% going out and 100% going in. Was meant to stop super teams from forming with S&T but will hamper us Orlando and Milwaukee if we decide to S&T our FAs.

I agree they have a log jam though... might be easier mid season.

Problem with them is they have no clue what they are doing... Sacramento of the east but less lols.

One is better than the other.

Bjelica this season: 29 yo, 67 games played, 21 games started, 20.5 minutes per, 6.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.3 APG, 46.1 FG%, 41.5 3pt% on 2.7 attempts per, 56.3 eFG%, 80 FT%, 110 DRTG

Jerebko this season: 30 yo, 74 games played, 19 games started, 15.3 minutes per, 5.8 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 0.6 APG, 46.6 FG%, 41.4 3pt% on 2.1 attempts per, 56.2 eFG%, 80.7 FT%, 106 DRTG

Really??

Bjelica this season: 29 yo, 67 games played, 21 games started, 20.5 minutes per, 6.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.3 APG, 46.1 FG%, 41.5 3pt% on 2.7 attempts per, 56.3 eFG%, 80 FT%, 110 DRTG

Jerebko this season: 30 yo, 74 games played, 19 games started, 15.3 minutes per, 5.8 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 0.6 APG, 46.6 FG%, 41.4 3pt% on 2.1 attempts per, 56.2 eFG%, 80.7 FT%, 106 DRTG

Really??
tenor.gif

I agree they have a log jam though... might be easier mid season.

Problem with them is they have no clue what they are doing... Sacramento of the east but less lols.
I said that earlier but we need to be calling SAC about Skal as we speak. They have about 8-9 bigs on the roster and just drafted Bagley no. 2... Give them whichever second rounder they like best and lets save Skal's career.

Here's my theory(wish) based on all of the NBA 'sauces' so far like Windhorst (reliable) and Screamin' A (unreliable but loose lips) and others.

It's being reported LeBron doesn't like Houston or wants to go there. It's LA or Cleveland.
The Cavs are in absolute cap HELL for two more seasons with the exact same roster.
The Lakers have two max slots.
It's being reported there is now 'tension' in Houston due to the Rockets being iffy on maxing CP3.

Put it all together and you have LeBron and Chris Paul doing their thing in LA for two years, minimum.
They'll have to go through the Warriors. Any path to the title goes through Golden State right now. Houston will probably experience a mass exodus of sorts and will weaken with Ariza getting older and searching for a larger contract. The East (except maybe Boston, we don't know how good they will be fully staffed) will get killed by whoever comes out of the West, probably. So, beat the Warriors and you're pretty much looking at a title.

What does this have to do with the Jazz? Paul George. It's been reported he won't take a paycut. AND he's not a Banana Boat Bro with reported super close ties to either guy. So, he's suddenly got a lot of options if the Lakers can't bring him on. I fully believe DL would do whatever it takes it to bring in a Tier A superstar like Paul George. Changing that perception is big on the minds of everyone at ZBBC. Would it gut our roster? Sure. But, we're a 50 win team as we stand. Why not shoot for 60 and compete with the Warriors?

Here's my theory(wish) based on all of the NBA 'sauces' so far like Windhorst (reliable) and Screamin' A (unreliable but loose lips) and others.

It's being reported LeBron doesn't like Houston or wants to go there. It's LA or Cleveland.
The Cavs are in absolute cap HELL for two more seasons with the exact same roster.
The Lakers have two max slots.
It's being reported there is now 'tension' in Houston due to the Rockets being iffy on maxing CP3.

Put it all together and you have LeBron and Chris Paul doing their thing in LA for two years, minimum.
They'll have to go through the Warriors. Any path to the title goes through Golden State right now. Houston will probably experience a mass exodus of sorts and will weaken with Ariza getting older and searching for a larger contract. The East (except maybe Boston, we don't know how good they will be fully staffed) will get killed by whoever comes out of the West, probably. So, beat the Warriors and you're pretty much looking at a title.

What does this have to do with the Jazz? Paul George. It's been reported he won't take a paycut. AND he's not a Banana Boat Bro with reported super close ties to either guy. So, he's suddenly got a lot of options if the Lakers can't bring him on. I fully believe DL would do whatever it takes it to bring in a Tier A superstar like Paul George. Changing that perception is big on the minds of everyone at ZBBC. Would it gut our roster? Sure. But, we're a 50 win team as we stand. Why not shoot for 60 and compete with the Warriors?

Let's be honest.... 30 teams in the NBA would make room for Paul George and not just the Jazz

I think it was basically “team wants me back,” “hope things work out,” and “i’ll let my agent figure it out.”

Could be wrong — would need to find the article...

i think you're completely wrong and out of context He's consistently answered that he's not spending any time worrying about his contract and that's why he has an agent to let him worry about it all. I've heard him specifically say several times how much he likes it there and that as long as the money is right he would love to stay.

I could see someone like Orlando making him an offer but nothing that outlandish. Be very surprised if he gets more than 10

Why do people want Bjelica? What's wrong with Jerebko?
Belly is significantly better than Jonas much as i like the dude. MUCH deeper shooting range and he actually can put the ball on the floor and create a little. If you watch some of him play you'll see. I think he'd fit here great, esp if it's only for the MLE

If we wanted to target George, we have to find a taker for Burks. Well, lets look at teams with space:
- Chicago has to pay to keep LeVine and they plan on maybe pursuing Jabari or others.
- Dallas is going after a big either Cousins, Capella or Jordan
- Sacramento doesn't have a 2019 1st so they will spend to win.
- Indiana is in win now mode
- Lakers are in win now mode
- Philly is in win now mode

Atlanta is the only team with the 2019 cap space big enough for Burks who would actually take Burks if we gave the right asset. I firmly believe that it would make more sense to trade Burks' expiring to gain an asset than trade an asset to dump Burks.

Unless Paul George goes public that he wants to come to us.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Chris Brousard is reporting Chris paul and houston are far apart. Paul gave up 10 million to sign there last summer with an "understanding" he would get supermax this summer. Houston reluctant to give a 33yr old the 5 year max deal.

Carmelo leaning towards opting in.

Yesterday Lindsey talked about the impirtance of the big names deciding early.

Yep. If I'm Cleveland, I trade Hill and Clarkson for Melo as soon as he makes that decision. LeBron might decide to just stick around a year and decide next summer.

In a shocker, Chris Paul could say screw Houston and join LBJ/Melo in Cleveland. Cleveland couldnt pay him much until 2019, but what a shocker that would be.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app