What's new

Jazz - Nuggets: Round 1

Are you saying we're a great team? I don't think we are. I also don't think Gobert is our only hope. I think we are good enough to change ourselves around Donovan to compete even more seriously. All the narrative has been "we need this around Rudy" or "we need that around Rudy". I think we need to start building a future around Don.

No, I don't think we are a great team.

I don't think we have any hope in the near future if we don't keep both Mitchell and Gobert, so if we lose one of them, it doesn't really matter which one.

I also accept all the measurements that say Gobert has a bigger impact on the game, overall. Perhaps in another two years, Mitchell will; but right now he does not.

I don't think we have any hope in the near future if we don't keep both Mitchell and Gobert, so if we lose one of them, it doesn't really matter which one.

I also accept all the measurements that say Gobert has a bigger impact on the game, overall. Perhaps in another two years, Mitchell will; but right now he does not.
But I wouldn't be surprised if DM has a bigger impact in the 4th quarter, when the games are decided.

Murray isn't that good? Are you serious? Dude is an absolute gamer and has earned the title of being a jazz killer of this generation. He joins the likes of Michael Redd, Eddie Johnson, Michael Finley, Peja... who else am I missing?
Did you just make the case for Murray’s GREATness bybusing Michael Redd, Peja Stojakovic, and Eddie Johnson?

Surely, this is a joke.

I think we need to throw some weird **** out there. I think part of the reason Rudy gets limited is we don't adjust enough... Long term we need multiple defensive schemes... Do drop big and rim protect with Rudy, but maybe try some switching without him.

Anywell, I'm looking at some rope a dope stuff here. Try some zone so Rudy can hang around the paint. Put Royce up top on Jokic and when they run the handoff stuff up top we can switch it and leave Rudy in the paint.

Put Rudy on Torrey Craig and play off him and let Rudy sit in the paint. Or blitz the pick and roll with Craig's guy. Or just put Morgan on Jokic and let Rudy play off of Millsap.

Let's throw some **** at them. Start in our normal defense maybe but if Jokic and Murray can't miss let's find someone that can.

I think we need to throw some weird **** out there. I think part of the reason Rudy gets limited is we don't adjust enough... Long term we need multiple defensive schemes... Do drop big and rim protect with Rudy, but maybe try some switching without him.

Anywell, I'm looking at some rope a dope stuff here. Try some zone so Rudy can hang around the paint. Put Royce up top on Jokic and when they run the handoff stuff up top we can switch it and leave Rudy in the paint.

Put Rudy on Torrey Craig and play off him and let Rudy sit in the paint. Or blitz the pick and roll with Craig's guy. Or just put Morgan on Jokic and let Rudy play off of Millsap.

Let's throw some **** at them. Start in our normal defense maybe but if Jokic and Murray can't miss let's find someone that can.
**** yes. All this. And more boxing metaphors, pls.

We better see some of Rudy playing rover on defense.

Jokic would use and abuse Morgan.

We gotta find some different looks to throw at them. And we have to find some combos that allow us to switch the Jokic-Murray PnR, so that Murray has to shoot further out with some length on him.
Honestly I would do the same thing unless it's getting crushed early. If the game is close late like it was in Game 1, I would then change things up in the last 5 minutes to throw a curve-ball at the Nuggets and hopefully get a couple stops just based off catching the Nuggets off-guard.

The problem with changing **** up is that Jokic is super smart. He's going to pick apart most things the Jazz do. If they go zone, Jokic will just get the ball at the top of the key and dissect it. I think Utah's defensive strategy was mostly good. Just has to be more individual effort (like we saw in the 2nd half). I think how they guard the 2-man game of Jokic/Murray late game does need to be addressed,

Honestly I would do the same thing unless it's getting crushed early. If the game is close late like it was in Game 1, I would then change things up in the last 5 minutes to throw a curve-ball at the Nuggets and hopefully get a couple stops just based off catching the Nuggets off-guard.
Yeah that’s all I’m saying, too. You gotta use your bullpen. We can’t ask Rudy to pitch a complete game all the ****ing time.

You're probably right as of today, but this series might show us something different. Mitchell might be the cornerstone.

In my opinion, we can't cave to Gobert if he really expects more than a regular max. We simply can't afford it. I have really, really strong doubts that he would live up to a 4 or 5 year max contract let alone a supermax. Limited big men simply don't age well after 28.

In my opinion, we can only contend for a title if Gobert is our 3rd best player. He needs to be our Mutombo, Mitchell has to be the Iverson and we need the 3rd guy that Iverson and Mutombo never had. We have great role players (Royce, Ingles, Bojan, Clarkson, and maybe Conley if he signs for cheap in 21), but we need one more great player. I don't know how we make that happen if both Mitchell and Gobert combine to make $60+ in 21.

The problem with changing **** up is that Jokic is super smart. He's going to pick apart most things the Jazz do. If they go zone, Jokic will just get the ball at the top of the key and dissect it. I think Utah's defensive strategy was mostly good. Just has to be more individual effort (like we saw in the 2nd half). I think how they guard the 2-man game of Jokic/Murray late game does need to be addressed,
He is so good though that I just want to see if they can beat us with Millsap/Craig/Grant hitting shots. If Jokic is gonna give Rudy an efficient 29 I don't know that it gets much worse if Morgan is guarding him and getting help from Rudy. This is what we did with them last year with Favs on Jokic. I know Morgan ain't as good as Favs but he's strong and moves well... I'd try it for a few minutes... if anything it saves Rudy some potential fouls.

I still don't really understand why we waived Jeff Green.
He played like he didn’t want to be here. He was mostly nonexistent while on the floor
Because we should have played him in small ball lineups. We've been admiring PJ Tucker the last few years, had a PJ Tucker, then just let him walk.

Our boring "have to play a traditional center" philosophy will destroy us.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
We did play him in small ball he was basically the backup center for portions of the season.
Of course Wes ManJizz wants to spout the excellence that is Jeff Green. What a knob

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
Didn’t you turn in your fan card or was that someone else?
Jokic would use and abuse Morgan.
This all day long.
For the most part, isn't he using and abusing Rudy?
OMG stop pretending to be a Gobert fan, you hate him. With all due respect both threw haymakers all game long. You act as though Rudy fell flat on his face. Rudy has manhandled him in the past. It just sucks that this year Rudy has to guard him and his teammates because our perimeter defense has gotten so bad.