What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

We need to learn how to play without rudy. We wilk need him against teams that relie on big (jokic, embiid and so on). Need 6'8ish guy who can defend.

But who can we get??

Sent from my SM-G977N using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't like it, but i say we have to move on from Ingles. He can't elevate his game at the postseason for us. Can't defend guards, can't attack (thus so playmake either) switching defenses and now can't punish blitz on pnr and guard wings. Also one other among our roster who's both not a rebounder and null presence defensevely at the rim

Who is going to be our next gm?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Ainge. It's clear that he's aggressive. With Wade on board, you kind of change the identity and narrative of the franchise. A GM that was good enough for Boston fans and a player that was the face of Miami.

We have to change the negative narrative about Utah.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think keeping Mitchell, O’Neale and Clarkson are the only definites. I suppose the latter shouldn’t be off limits either idk but his production and salary warrant keeping him IMO. Not sure how badly he sucks or doesn’t suck on defense.

I don't like it, but i say we have to move on from Ingles. He can't elevate his game at the postseason for us. Can't defend guards, can't attack (thus so playmake either) switching defenses and now can't punish blitz on pnr and guard wings. Also one other among our roster who's both not a rebounder and null presence defensevely at the rim
Maybe some team will surprise me and want him, but I don’t think his contract at his age has much trade value.

I’m not sure if this is realistic or would work but:

If we could find takers for Bogey, Clarkson, Ingles and Favors with taking little to no salary back and get picks that would open up some options.

That would open up 27M worth of cap space.

Guys like Iguodala, Danny Green, JaMychal Green, Tucker, Oubre, OPJ and Dunn are available in FA.

DeRozan is available as well as Powell.

Are we a better team with one of these rosters:

PG - Conley
SG - Mitchell
SF - DeRozan/Powell
PF - O’Neale
C - Gobert

PG - Conley
SG - Mitchell
SF - Iguodala/Danny Green
PF - O’Neale
C - Gobert

With Iguodala/Danny Green coming off of the bench

PG - Conley
SG - Mitchell
SF - O’Neale
PF - Tucker
C - Gobert

With Iguodala/Dunn coming off of the bench.

This is also assuming we could go over the luxury tax to re-sign Conley after signing these guys which I’m not sure is allowed or not. It would also help our assets cupboard with some picks.

Favors seemed like he started season in poor condition and could never get in shape
Favors is still young maybe 30
Favors needs to commit to his most serious off season conditioning ever for next season
Jazz won't be able to trade him. He's signed for two more seasons.
He owes Jazz a good season coming up

Of course the Jazz as currently constructed without Rudy wouldn’t make the playoffs. We are built around Rudy.

We would be trading Rudy for different guys that play a different way to change the construction of the roster. The other 15 playoff teams made it without an offensively limited defensive rim protector. I think we could figure it out too.

I think Rudy would also be better off professionally playing with Trae Young and the Hawks.

The problem is we over corrected from the Crowder/Rubio era and went all offense.

As many have clamored for here the last few seasons, a 3 and D wing would have solved a lot of issues. Jazz never made the move to get one and here we are.

The Jazz need to add one guy. That's it, just one guy -- a long athletic, two-way wing.

Defensively, the Jazz don't remember what it's like to have a legit help defender and not just Rudy Gobert all on his own.

Offensively, the Jazz don't remember what it's like to have a guy who can drive and finish at the rim without using a screen, in addition to knocking down open shots.

One guy like a Jerami Grant would check both those boxes.

Well there it is. Erring toward continuity. This is why this franchise will NEVER win a final under this guy’s leadership. Good is good enough for Lindsey. No risks. No changes.

Guys, I’ll peace out if this guy is still leading our franchise in a week.

Well there it is. Erring toward continuity. This is why this franchise will NEVER win a final under this guy’s leadership. Good is good enough for Lindsey. No risks. No changes.

Yeah, fire this ****ing clown. At the end of the day, Quin just didn't have anyone in the bullpen to answer the 5-out lineup and that's first and foremost on the FO running on cruise control.

Erring on the side of continuity sounds like there isn't a clear vision in place.