What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

Of course the Jazz as currently constructed without Rudy wouldn’t make the playoffs. We are built around Rudy.

We would be trading Rudy for different guys that play a different way to change the construction of the roster. The other 15 playoff teams made it without an offensively limited defensive rim protector. I think we could figure it out too.

I think Rudy would also be better off professionally playing with Trae Young and the Hawks.

Of course the Jazz as currently constructed without Rudy wouldn’t make the playoffs. We are built around Rudy.

We would be trading Rudy for different guys that play a different way to change the construction of the roster. The other 15 playoff teams made it without an offensively limited defensive rim protector. I think we could figure it out too.

I think Rudy would also be better off professionally playing with Trae Young and the Hawks.
If we simply subtracted Rudy, I think we are still a playoff team. We have enough talent. We would have to change how we play, but we could do that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I read it but I might have misinterpreted but if you read my post I said I was not advocating trading Rudy because I don't think you can get the value for him due to his contract extension and his lack of offensive skills. My point was that anyone is tradeable. I was using Wilt and Kareen as great players who got traded so if they can so can Rudy. I agree with you trading Rudy just to trade him what you said stupidity. I was not advocating that.
Both Wilt and Kareem asked or demanded to be traded, for what it's worth.

I'm thinking something more serious is going to come out of this.

Ownership group is PISSED, this ain't the Millers.

I hope it's not true but....Seattle Chazz....even has a ring to it

I'm thinking something more serious is going to come out of this.

Ownership group is PISSED, this ain't the Millers.

I hope it's not true but....Seattle Chazz....even has a ring to it
Don't even kid about putting that evil out in the universe.

I'm conflicted. This series screams to me trade Gobert for the best possible return. Then part of me says how can you trade a 3x DPOY and the anchor of the defense. I said it on twitter but Rudy is a kiss/curse. He is easily schemed out of the game because of his lack of certain abilities in the game and the Clippers proved that with playing small ball. But you can't just simply take him out of the game because the way the roster is built we don't have the necessary perimeter defense. You take him out of the game and it's going to be a free drive to the basket all game long. I said last night that this roster is built to be an excellent regular season team and it is. This regular season proved that. But when teams only have to worry about 1 team for a 7 game series that's when real adjustments to how you play are made. Only thing is clear to me is you have to get longer and more athletic on the wings. Even if it sacrifices some of your shooting. The Jazz just had one of the best 3 point shooting seasons ever and it got you a 2nd round exit.

I don't know where we go. I'm so conflicted.

What can we get for Bojan? Really?

Do we bring back Conley and go way into the luxury?

Do we trade Clarkson at his highest value?

Do we finally split up Don and Rudy?

Nobody else has trade value so....

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

If Portland will give us DJJ for Fav, you do it. That’s a smaller trade that takes us in the right direction need and age-wise.

See what you can get for Bogey, Clarkson, and Ingles in the trade market. Listen to offers on Rudy.

Draft well. This is where firing DL comes in. I will feel instantly better about things the moment that happens.

My fanhood will wane if DL and Zanik keep running things.

I don't think the Jazz need to make major changes. They need one guy -- a high-quality, 2-way wing -- to replace Mike Conley.

I don't think the Jazz need to make major changes. They need one guy -- a high-quality, 2-way wing -- to replace Mike Conley.
How do we replace Mike with a wing? We can’t sign and trade Mike, and we don’t have any cap space to sign anyone if Mike walks. Guys we could trade that conceivably have trade value: (1) Rudy; (2) Bojan; (3) Clarkson.

How do we replace Mike with a wing? We can’t sign and trade Mike, and we don’t have any cap space to sign anyone if Mike walks. Guys we could trade that conceivably have trade value: (1) Rudy; (2) Bojan; (3) Clarkson.

Terance Mann was a mid 2nd-rd pick. Draft better. That's how we got Donovan and Rudy.

We often compare ourselves to the early 2000’s Pistons. We need to find our Tayshaun and Rasheed. Obviously easier said than done. I’m definitely tired of DL but who replaces him?
I really like Quin but his limitations come out at the worst time. Who would replace him? Stotts, Carlisle, Horny, Kidd? I don’t really know who would be the best fit.
I’m hesitant to trade Rudy because he is a difference maker. My biggest complaint about him is his lack of awareness and/or b-ball IQ, especially on offense. He brings the ball down so much even though he has weak hands. He shoots (if you want to call it that) those weird scoop lay up things that are so lurpy and flailing. How he hasn’t developed some kind of drop step or baby hook is mind boggling to me.
I’m hurting a lot right now because I honestly thought we could have finally won a championship this year.

Jazz need an upgrade for Royce. Both their starting guards are a bit undersized for their positions. Given Conley's health issues I would be willing to let go of him.
On the bench Clippers clearly had more depth. Every game it was somebody else other than their big 2 who put up their hands and delivered. Morris one game , Reggie one game, Terrance one game..we just didnt have that kind of depth. And apart from Clarkson we need one more dependable two-way player off the bench. Jazz FO have their task cut out.

I would be willing to move Conley, Bogie, Royce, Favors to get the job done.

I say trade Rudy and build around Donovan. Rudy has been exposed and small ball is now the way to go. If Rudy could stop creating and causing so many turnovers, we would've won this series by now. But he is just so inept offensively that he hurts the team and stops momentum. The question is what can we get for Rudy.
You do realize that our defensive rating with Gobert on the floor was 108 and off the floor it was 132, right?

The problem that needs to be addressed is perimeter D. And that's really about it. Ideally with a big wing that can do some time against small-ball lineups at PF and maybe even center.

Gobert can't do it by himself. But everyone is pissed he didn't do exactly that, defend the entire team by himself. We didn't have a single person who could stay in front of their man for more than 2 dribbles the entire second half.

Go back in time and don't waste assets on Conley. Maybe also look to the draft instead of drafting a huge unskilled big that won't ever see minutes.