What's new

Jazz OWN the Warriors Tonight Game THREAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
Mitchell needs to attack more and get to the line. Exum and Ingles have looked the most aggressive out there.

I completely agree, he needs to stop settling for so many jumpers and start attacking the basket more.

Favs gets his hands on the ball so much but struggles to actually come up with the ball... it’s frustrating.

It was extremely frustrating tonight, he just could not hold on to the damn ball.

Another stat that will make you **** your pants with frustration: The Warriors had 32 mid-range points. Last game the Kings had 22 mid-range points.

Teams are getting lucky against us with the worst shot.

Lmao and I just saw this:

Yeah, he should have pushed him the other way. Just a lucky bounce there.

The thing that ticked me off the most was the non calls on the KD charges after calling the charge on O'Neale. That is typical NBA superstar officiating, and it was 6 point difference right there. Bad decisions late in the game and not getting good shots didn't help either. Jazz had their chance to win it, but Warriors needed help from the refs to make it happen themselves.

1. GSW celebrated like they've won another title.
2. 77 minutes between Durant and Curry. Down 16 in Q3 Kerr feared if the bench guys check in the game would slip away so gave his 2 MVPs extended minutes and it worked. However Curry could barely walk at the end.
3. Niang was really good. Confident and smart.
4. Crow again lead the team with +10
5. DM does not look like himself since the preaseason. He's humble but it's not easy to deal with that kind of national attention. Also he's scouted. Teams' main defensive plan now vs UTA is to prevent DM from slashing to the rim.
6. There was not even the slightest contact with some fouls called. DM does not ever get any whistle.

Last edited:
Mitchell had a bad game. It happens. Even MJ or Lebron had a game like this.He will learn from it and we are good. on to the next one

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

So we put up 81 points in a half, knock down 19 3-pt shots, hold the other team to far fewer 3-pt attempts, and still lose. Warriors are some team.

The Warriors bitched at halftime so they got every call in the 3rd. Burks got fouled at the rim on 3 straight possessions. The NBA let GS back in and we didn't execute down the stretch.

We got the better whistle against Sacramento and we finished. GS got the better 2nd half whistle on us, and they finished. It's the NBA.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

DM will learn a lot from this. No need to dwell on it. We got as close as any team could have. #ontothenextone

The last play, Rudy was in bad position to begin with. He let Jereko have inside position. Great game some questionable calls. I don't know what is going on but the scoring in the NBA is crazy starting this season. Jazz can learn from losing. They need to execute better down the stretch. However, it was fun to watch the 3pt barrage the Jazz put on.

DM shoots way too many pull-up 3s and it's killing his efficiency. To make things worse, it's our/his favorite play at the end of games:

"As a catch-and-shoot 3-point shooter, Mitchell knocked down 40.6 percent of his attempts. When he shot pull-up 3s, that accuracy plummeted to 29.3 percent. He took far too many pull-up 3s, keeping from truly threatening the defense consistently with his outside shot. As a spot-up shooter, Mitchell rated as one of the best in the NBA. Synergy Sport clicked him in at 127.1 points per 100 spot-up possesions and 48.9 percent from deep. For players with at least 200 spot-up possessions, only CJ McCollum and Anthony Tolliver scored more efficiently than Mitchell."

I'd rather have Rubio or Ingles create and find the open man. If the open man is DM, at that point he's elite.

Keys:

Ingles was great
Crowder was great
I don't even know if Royce plays anymore
Exum was good
Rubio was up and down
Donovan disappeared in the second half. The pull up 3 with 6 seconds left was questionable at best
Favors was garbage
Still was a fun game win or lose
Warriors win another title

Favs had some really soft calls on him early on the game. After that I felt like Favs wasn't doing a lot throughout the game and was hoping that he would start focusing as he there were opportunities that were slipping right past him..

I just couldn't shake off the feeling that if Favs didn't focus and start winning some of those close 50/50 situations that things wouldn't go well..

But yeah the kick ball and star fouls didn't help our cause either.