What's new

Jazz OWN the Warriors Tonight Game THREAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
Ending my Ingles hate right now. That hatchet is buried glad to have him. We should have won Mitchell got zero fouls called for him in the forth. He did try to play too much hero ball. But, unlike Hayward he is a real alpha. How did Draymond not get 2 Ts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Friendly Warriors fan and former Jazz fan here from the stockton/malone and mark eaton era. I lived in Sandy for a few years in the 90's - helped clean up the giant styrofoam insulation cubes ripped off the then-named Delta Center roof in the tornado aftermath...

Anyway, The Jazz are an awesome team. You guys should be proud. Not only did they almost win, they acted like they expected to win. It was awesome to watch. They have a rightful swagger.

Ingles is awesome. Rubio is really good. Gobert is amazing. They play the warriors style of ball (to my eyes) just about as good. They match up with the warriors about as good as anyone.

But man, the fans there in the arena formerly known as the delta center... they rip the opposing team worse than Philly or Boston. Just Nasty. I don't know what it is - I mean - there are a lot of LDS that attend, and you can tell who they are (I'm LDS, on the bishopric of a ward here in NZ... I can say this) and they just go from nice to maniacally brutal in an instant, shouting the most racist things, and you can hear it in the webstreams. What gives? Even when I lived there, and went, It was just weird to me. Booing opposing players is natural, but some of the things I hear from them are brutal to a degree I dont hear in other arenas, except maybe boston sometimes.

Anyway, what a game.

Last edited:
Just sad for Ingles. He would have got a lot more love on national media had we won. Now its the amazing Warriors and how they turned it on when they needed like champions do. lol

They are champions like the Backstreet Boys. Built in a lab, pretentious, and slick.

We are the Beatles. Individuals who play amazing as a team. Everyone plays a roll. We are real.

The good thing is we are so much deeper than them.

They have to have their stars stay healthy. Will the fatigue of long playoff runs, and so much of a heavy load eventually play a toll?

The great news is we aren't that far away tonight. It basically was a tie. They got a miracle tip in. With OUR star having an off shooting night.

I like where we are boys!

Holy Jingles did the Jazz play well!!!!! I have to eat crow, I thought they would stink it up tonight. They showed lots of fight and great offensive and defensive potential. That kind of game would have beat any other team in the league except GSW. It looks like the Jazz will win a lot of games.

This was the first game I saw my six-year-old son become a real Jazz fan. I'm so proud. Haha

After we lost the little guy looks at me and says, it's ok, dad. We will win them in the next battle of the champions.

Awesome

Random thoughts in no particular order:
1. Rubio looked much better than game one.
2. Niang should maybe get more burn but when?
3. Really pleased with Exum so far. He looks confident and like he knows he belongs now. His shot looks better. Please stay healthy.
4. Burks was bad offensively. Dumb shots. Favors too was forgettable. Both were solid last game though.
5. Mitchell doesn’t look right to me. At the 2:40 mark of the 4th, trying to get back on d, he looks awkward running and there’s not the athleticism and intensity of last year. Hopefully he’s just out of shape from being in a walking boot for so long and just needs to get his sea legs under him.
This would explain his lack of attacking the basket. And dunks. In another 4-6 weeks, I think he’ll be fine.
6. Crowder’s been good. I question some of his shots still but he’s been good.
7. Foul calls one way or another didn’t lose this game for us.
8. We got outrebounded by 5. Shouldn't happen given our size. And that’s ultimately why Jerebko was able to score the winning basket.
9. Joe is unreal. Just did $20 to win $920 that he leads the league in 3 pointers made.
10. Great game. Hopefully it pisses us off and carries us through this tough month and a half. I feel like we know we’re right there with them. And I genuinely think we are gonna dethrone them in the West next season, the season after at the latest. I feel like our players feel that too.
11. I feel bad for O’Neale. We expected a leap from him and he’s not even getting burn.

Last edited:
How many offensive foul calls were made on us in that suspect 3rd quarter? We lacked execution down the stretch, but I feel like the way we play was taken away from us in the 3rd. Our flow was stopped completely. Little stuff like bad offensive fouls and that kickball threw us off our rhythm. We will react better next time.

A lot to be excited about.

Lastly, next time, Favors should just beat Draymond's ***. Playing as poorly as Faves did, just sacrifice for the team and get that clown Green off the court.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Random thoughts in no particular order:
1. Rubio looked much better than game one.
2. Niang should maybe get more burn but when?
3. Really pleased with Exum so far. He looks confident and like he knows he belongs now. His shot looks better. Please stay healthy.
4. Burks was bad offensively. Dumb shots. Favors too was forgettable. Both were solid last game though.
5. Mitchell doesn’t look right to me. At the 2:40 mark of the 4th, trying to get back on d, he looks awkward running and there’s not the athleticism and intensity of last year. Hopefully he’s just out of shape from being in a walking boot for so long and just needs to get his sea legs under him.
This would explain his lack of attacking the basket. And dunks. In another 4-6 weeks, I think he’ll be fine.
6. Crowder’s been good. I question some of his shots still but he’s been good.
7. Foul calls one way or another didn’t lose this game for us.
8. We got outrebounded by 5. Shouldn't happen given our size. And that’s ultimately why Jerebko was able to score the winning basket.
9. Joe is unreal. Just did $20 to win $920 that he leads the league in 3 pointers made.
10. Great game. Hopefully it pisses us off and carries us through this tough month and a half. I feel like we know we’re right there with them. And I genuinely think we are gonna dethrone them in the West next season, the season after at the latest. I feel like our players feel that too.
11. I feel bad for O’Neale. We expected a leap from him and he’s not even getting burn.
Good post. On #10 im hearing that Klay wants to get paid next summer and that KD is gonna bounce, so ya, their window might be closing a bit after this season.
WTF are you awake for?

The good thing is we are so much deeper than them.

They have to have their stars stay healthy. Will the fatigue of long playoff runs, and so much of a heavy load eventually play a toll?

The great news is we aren't that far away tonight. It basically was a tie. They got a miracle tip in. With OUR star having an off shooting night.

I like where we are boys!
Not sure what you mean, Our star made 7 threes.

At least we got the most disappointing loss of the season over with.
Hope so. We've not played ATL, you know.

My thoughts:

1. I’m on the east coast and was worried about this game being so soon, before we could get in a rhythm. Was anticipating a loss so I was originally just going to not get involved.

2. We looked good.

3. Exum and Crowder looked really good.

4. Niang looks good and stepped in to some scenarios where he had to have been pretty confident.

5. Surprised by officiating of first half. I’m not certain they were favoring us as much as seeing what it was like to get a fair whistle.

6. BS officiating in the second half. I did appreciate the no-call, however, down the stretch where Rubio appeared to foul Curry or Durant. We were getting fouled a lot down the stretch and they were calling everything on the other end of the floor.

7. I did not want Jonas to go, especially with being a high energy guy on the bench with good chemistry. I don’t think you emotionally react to that decision based on one play of one game, but he wasn’t waived for Niang — he was waived because we have a guy who’s occupying a roster spot in TB.

8. Ingles is better than Hayward.

I'm still confused as to how a guy like Draymond Green doesn't get ejected after all of the scuffles he instigated. Not to mention you can see him screaming at the refs arguing with them multiple times, I thought the league put an emphasis on not doing that years ago? Star treatment indeed but all we had to do at the end was simply box out for the victory.