What's new

Jazz Preparing Conley Offer in Range of 75/3

We made this bed a long time ago. Then DL took a massive **** in it. Now we just gotta be happy that Conley is still willing to sleep in it. If things have gone bad by year 3, then there’ll be plenty of additional reasons (besides Conley) to tear it down anyway.

When Conley is healthy, I have no problem with this number. Let’s hope the staff is better able to preserve him, and that Butler is everything we’re hoping he can be.
You would think this was actually a choice at this point after reading this thread. If you're not signing MC you are trading Rudy and Don. No salary or trades bring anything remotely close in talent. We can only hope he signs.

I'm really pessimistic he gets rest, so the games he plays are in the playoffs. If he even signs this.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app

Unless this is a sign and trade or the Jazz know they will be able to trade Conley for a better fit, we can kiss any chance of winning a championship goodbye.

I love the optimism.

Even if all that stuff does happen, are we still capable of winning the championship as constructed?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I say yes.
I think we were capable of winning the championship as constructed this year. We were undefeated when healthy in the playoffs this year and averaged 122 points per game. Turns out being healthy matters a lot. We had the talent but lacked the health. Of course the same could be said for the clippers, lakers, nuggets, nets, etc. If every team is healthy then I dont think we win the championship. Need similar luck to what the suns and bucks got. Luck matters a lot too.

I think you have to sign Conley, the salary cap hell is real. Conley is very soft and injury prone. I think the key to him is limit his mpg and prey.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

In our first round series vs memphis conley played 29.9 minutes per game, 17.4 points per game, 8.6 assists per game, and 3.8 rebounds per game on 47% from the field, 55% from 3, and 100% from the line.
He was hitting his peak right at the right time and stepping it up in the playoffs (and going against ja morant and dillon brooks who are pretty physical, good, nasty back court players)

In our first round series vs memphis conley played 29.9 minutes per game, 17.4 points per game, 8.6 assists per game, and 3.8 rebounds per game on 47% from the field, 55% from 3, and 100% from the line.
He was hitting his peak right at the right time and stepping it up in the playoffs (and going against ja morant and dillon brooks who are pretty physical, good, nasty back court players)

Thanks for the info. Also he sat out a bunch of games and the Jazz lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if the Jazz are below the LT threshold, albeit temporarily, they can use their full MLE, can't they? Then re-sign Conley using his Bird rights.
They have to get under the cap to do it, so no they can’t. They’d have to shed another 10 million or so.

Thanks for the info. Also he sat out a bunch of games and the Jazz lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A bunch? I don't consider 5 games a bunch.
But yes, it sucked that he got injured.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

A bunch? I don't consider 5 games a bunch.
But yes, it sucked that he got injured.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I guess I’m missing something because if it’s 5 games out of the 11 games of the playoffs then that is more than “a bunch” in practical terms.

He has missed ~1/3 of his games in a Jazz uniform to hamstring injuries. It’s a real problem.

I guess I’m missing something because if it’s 5 games out of the 11 games of the playoffs then that is more than “a bunch” in practical terms.

He has missed ~1/3 of his games in a Jazz uniform to hamstring injuries. It’s a real problem.
I would say its a high percentage more than its a bunch. I could peel 2 bananas and one of them could have a spider inside the peel. But to me that wouldn't mean a bunch of bananas that I peeled had spiders inside the peel. Even though it would be 50% of the bananas. 1 isn't a bunch imo. Neither is 5. To me a bunch is a large number. But its semantics. In the largest sample size possible (his career) conley has been pretty healthy for playoff games. Since he has been on the jazz he has been injured more often. I do agree that his hamstring WAS a problem. And could be again. I dont think "was" "is" and "will be going forward" are necessarily the same thing. His hamstring WAS a problem is the only factual statement. I haven't seen a recent injury report on conleys hamstring but I bet he could go tomorrow if there was a game.
If we sign him then neither of those things really matters because at that point he is signed. Then we have the option as fans to be pessimistic or optimistic and both can be true/right.
Im an optimistic person by nature. So I will count on conley being healthy for the playoffs and playing great in them (like round 1 this season and like most every season of his career). Feel free to count on him being out for the playoffs. Live your life the way you want bro.

I would say its a high percentage more than its a bunch.
I guess you missed the part where I said “in practical terms” or you didn’t understand it.

The rest is you changing your argument. He missed virtually half of his playoff games this year and has missed 1/3 of his games over two years with the same types of injuries. The track record of players at his age that overcome a degenerative condition is much shorter than those that do not.

This isn’t pessimism. It’s a realistic appraisal based on facts.

I guess you missed the part where I said “in practical terms” or you didn’t understand it.

The rest is you changing your argument. He missed virtually half of his playoff games this year and has missed 1/3 of his games over two years with the same types of injuries. The track record of players at his age that overcome a degenerative condition is much shorter than those that do not.

This isn’t pessimism. It’s a realistic appraisal based on facts.
Agree to disagree. Its pessimism. Of which there has been way too much around here lately imo. It does get tiring trying to be positive on this forum though thats for sure.
Have a good one.

Agree to disagree. Its pessimism. Of which there has been way too much around here lately imo. It does get tiring trying to be positive on this forum though thats for sure.
Have a good one.
I don’t disagree with most of that. Conley could get better, but I think the wiser thing here is to keep him in styrofoam peanuts as often as possible. That’s a key reason why I’m excited about Butler.

Maybe with good enough management, Conley can defy the odds.

Didn't you see the games played for conley part of my post. He has played in 87% of his possible playoff games. Pre jazz he played in 56 of 59 games. (95%)
Doesn't seem that bad to me.

Pre-Jazz, when was his last playoff game? Five years ago? Six?

We went 15-6 (.714) with Conley injured last year.
We went 37-14 (.725) with Conley playing.

Does Conley even actually tip the scales for us? Can’t we just focus on putting Don in his natural size position at the 1 and get a defensive 2 and stop having a tiny backcourt?

We went 15-6 (.714) with Conley injured last year.
We went 37-14 (.725) with Conley playing.

Does Conley even actually tip the scales for us? Can’t we just focus on putting Don in his natural size position at the 1 and get a defensive 2 and stop having a tiny backcourt?
And take away the series versus the 8 seed when we should win as the 1 seed.... in our two elimination series with Conley, we have a better record without Conley when we played Denver and the Clips (3-4) than we did when we played with him (2-4).

I know we have a better chance at a better seed and even beat teams in the playoffs with Conley than without him, but I think we should be looking for a S&T instead of just signing him to whatever he wants.