What's new

Jazz Trade Discussions with Houston Regarding THT

mdalby

What do you think the Jazz interests were with Houston that would involve THT?

The Rockets were also in touch with Utah on deal structures that would have sent Talen Horton-Tucker to Houston, sources said. The Jazz have seen continued progress from former No. 5 pick Kris Dunn — who’s found somewhat of a resurgence in Salt Lake City — and would like to afford plenty of opportunity for 2023 first-round selection Keyonte George to handle the controls of Utah’s offense, as well.

It almost certainly was for Kevin Porter Jr and seconds.
Houston doesn't make much sense for THT. I guess Houston did this to save a little money and get JRE... I mean he's okay... he's like the most generic okayish PF. Maybe we were looking for more than a couple seconds but THT not having more value than a guy that was likely going to get cut is not great.

I actually don't see this rumor as an indictment on THT per se but more a recognition of the logjam we have and the need to get Key on the court. Getting just seconds without a real returning player is kind of what we need.

I think Dunn brings what THT did to the starting lineup just without the extra nonsense and better defense. At this point we likely carry both guys into the season and minute distributions won't be ideal but will be fine for now.

Houston doesn't make much sense for THT. I guess Houston did this to save a little money and get JRE... I mean he's okay... he's like the most generic okayish PF. Maybe we were looking for more than a couple seconds but THT not having more value than a guy that was likely going to get cut is not great.

I actually don't see this rumor as an indictment on THT per se but more a recognition of the logjam we have and the need to get Key on the court. Getting just seconds without a real returning player is kind of what we need.

I think Dunn brings what THT did to the starting lineup just without the extra nonsense and better defense. At this point we likely carry both guys into the season and minute distributions won't be ideal but will be fine for now.

I don’t know… I think it kind of is an indictment on THT.

According to Marks Houston just wanted an expiring salary for future trades. Now they got Oladipo who OKC was going to just cut. Houston also created a 4.5M trade exception.

According to Marks Houston just wanted an expiring salary for future trades. Now they got Oladipo who OKC was going to just cut. Houston also created a 4.5M trade exception.
Yeah just looked at the salary diff... Fertitta loves to save money, so once KP was a lost cause you save a little dough under the guise of having an expiring contract to trade later.

Dunn brings like 25% of what THT brings.

Most likely the Jazz discussed this when looking into the Jrue/Dame trades as a way to create extra value for those trades.

He's still here though so that means THT is valued, as evidence by Hardy making him the starting PG despite what droves of imbeciles think.

I doubt it means anything. I'm sure Utah just wanted to see what was possible.
I bet they're doing this to troll the league. They're giving everyone the offer so that when he explodes into his potential, DA can tell everyone, "aw, shucks... I guess you coulda had him for some seconds but... I guess we'll keep him."

Probably to Houston he wasnt. I'm not sure how much value DA sees in him but I'm guessing everyone of our guards except Key is a roster upgrade waiting to happen.

Lol I was just joking. He is an expiring contract and a nice one for trades to me.

The notion of Utah wanting to trade THT to make room for Dunn?

If they actually wanted that, just bench THT. THT is 22 year old on an expiring deal, he doesn't have the clout to command an organization to play him. Hardy starts him because he thinks he's either the best player or the best fit for the lineup.Danny Ainge has shown no real interest in 2nd round picks. If a THT deal was discussed it was probably part of a larger trade. Spare me this wild notion that Danny is just playing him (or that Danny tells Hardy who to play at all) to create 2nd round picks value.

I doubt it means anything. I'm sure Utah just wanted to see what was possible.

This is why people can’t take you serious and you’re the forum laughingstock. The second some random on Twitter mentioned Sexton as a trade candidate you ran with it and posted it everywhere and was obnoxious as hell about it. THT is rumored to be in trade discussions by a very reputable reporter and it doesn’t mean anything.

This is why people can’t take you serious and you’re the forum laughingstock. The second some random on Twitter mentioned Sexton as a trade candidate you ran with it and posted it everywhere and was obnoxious as hell about it. THT is rumored to be in trade discussions by a very reputable reporter and it doesn’t mean anything.
It means they talked about it. Like I said, Utah was deep in Jrue and Dame discussion, no **** they discussed with teams where to send their guards in the event they would do one of those deals.

It doesn't mean they are actively trying to rid themselves of THT.

And if I'm the laughingstock on a forum that has no appreciation for the artistry TGT brings to the game of basketball I will wear that badge with pride. You dick ride a laughingstock pretty hard tho

You know who has to actually be moved to make room for other guards? It's the guy who we owe long-term money too and you can't actually just bench. Collins Sexton. If the Jazz are looking to open up minutes, he will be the player moved.