What's new

Jazz Trade Discussions with Houston Regarding THT

Id rather not. I dont think you are an idiot and you make some good posts and points, which is probably a better review than I would ever get from you.

If there was a subject-specific mute I would mute you about THT and Sexton though.
That's like saying you listen to Metallica but skip the Kirk Hammett solos. That's where I cook the most.

It doesn't really scream that they were trying to get rid of him....but hey, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz were trying to unload one of two guys who cannot play with each other and aren't world beaters in the first place.

Last edited:
If Sexton or THT had a firm spot in our future it wouldn’t be such a close competition right now. And when I say competition, I don’t mean these silly debates I mean their actual standing within the team.

Methinks the Jazz aren’t in love with either and will stay opportunistic.

It almost certainly was for Kevin Porter Jr and seconds.
Not really quite sure how you come away with so much certainty that any discussion about THT was definitely for KPJ from this article. Not even sure how people are coming away with the impression that this was a Jazz-led effort to move on from THT (a Rockets-led effort to improve their roster fits the tone of the article better, doesn't it?)

Not really quite sure how you come away with so much certainty that any discussion about THT was definitely for KPJ from this article. Not even sure how people are coming away with the impression that this was a Jazz-led effort to move on from THT (a Rockets-led effort to improve their roster fits the tone of the article better, doesn't it?)

It just makes sense that it was for KPJ. but the tone of the article is definitely is as you said. It was a Rocket-led effort to improve their team and they fell flat. The commentary about the Jazz being happy with Dunn and Keyonte doesn't really strike me as the Jazz wanting to move THT. It reads as: the Rockets wanted him and here's why the Jazz might be open to it. The paragraph about Burks just before THT was mentioned is of the same style. I don't come away with the impression the Pistons initiated those trade conversations and the same is true for the Jazz.

I mean it obviously was for KPJ. The article mentioned Burks as well who has an almost identical salary to THT. They obviously kicked the tires on multiple players in that salary range.

Not Houston... but based on the latest round of Harden nonsense I wonder if we are involved in that transaction. I had thrown out potentially sending out the Lakers pick for a super swap of the Clips picks in 27 and 29... I also think the rumors of Philly having a first lined up for Mann could be something we are involved in.

Thats like watching showgirls for the story and skipping all the boobie scenes.
Perhaps Elizabeth Berkeley is a member of JazzFanz. Such a confirmation would be of considerable empirical import, arousing in JazzFanz members injudicious thoughts, thoughts not generally subject to public scrutiny. But this is off topic. Back to basketball.