What's new

Jazz Trade Discussions with Houston Regarding THT

It just makes sense that it was for KPJ. but the tone of the article is definitely is as you said. It was a Rocket-led effort to improve their team and they fell flat. The commentary about the Jazz being happy with Dunn and Keyonte doesn't really strike me as the Jazz wanting to move THT. It reads as: the Rockets wanted him and here's why the Jazz might be open to it. The paragraph about Burks just before THT was mentioned is of the same style. I don't come away with the impression the Pistons initiated those trade conversations and the same is true for the Jazz.
This was my take. Just Houston calling around trying to find a deal for KPJ. Doesn't mean the Jazz had any interest. Teams call around like this all the time.

This was my take. Just Houston calling around trying to find a deal for KPJ. Doesn't mean the Jazz had any interest. Teams call around like this all the time.
No, I think this was Utah led.

I'm sure at some point they were exploring what kind of assets they could come up with for a Jrue/Dame trade.

But it could have been Houston. Either way they didn't trade THT and they went on to make him the Day 1 starter so the people praying on his downfall cam suck it.

I mean it obviously was for KPJ. The article mentioned Burks as well who has an almost identical salary to THT. They obviously kicked the tires on multiple players in that salary range.
Ehhh, Kieth Smith and the other guy on the front office show made it sound like it was to REPLACE KPJ. Obviously, it would be for the same reason we have him; as a cheapish placeholder until their rookie comes online. I think our rookie is more ready though. . .

Ehhh, Kieth Smith and the other guy on the front office show made it sound like it was to REPLACE KPJ. Obviously, it would be for the same reason we have him; as a cheapish placeholder until their rookie comes online. I think our rookie is more ready though. . .
THT isn't a placeholder. He's a 22 year old with limitless potential

THT isn't a placeholder. He's a 22 year old with limitless potential
He's what a career backup actually looks like. And there is nothing wrong with that. There is no way other than injuries that he holds off Keyonte for his slot, Keyonte is just so much better at the game of basketball.

No, I think this was Utah led.

I'm sure at some point they were exploring what kind of assets they could come up with for a Jrue/Dame trade.

But it could have been Houston. Either way they didn't trade THT and they went on to make him the Day 1 starter so the people praying on his downfall cam suck it.