What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

I don't think it is weird at all. First off Hendricks is only 19 and is probably best off in the 15 to 20 minute a game range this year. I also think he is viewed as more of a 3/4 by management while Collins is viewed as a 4/5.
He’s the #9 pick, so when’s he going to play?

Are we expecting collins to just play 15-20 mins at the 4/5 this year? He good with that? $80 million for a starting 4 backup 5 role?

I don’t hate the trade. I just don’t know if it significantly improves us either. And I definitely wouldn’t want to try and balance the PT with all these egos.

This trade shows a lot of confidence in Will Hardy. He is going to have to manage an unusual, but talented, roster while trying to develop rookies. There is likely to be a lot of players looking out for #1, and that will make it hard to play team basketball. All while not having a floor general to keep everything balanced... If we could add John Stockton to this team it would be great, but having it ran by score first PGs might be UGLY.
I mean. . . DA basically had to trade 3 rotation players/starters and then sit Clarkson, Sexton and Markkanen a bunch down the stretch just to duck the play-in game. Hardy is pretty good at taking a rag-tag bunch of misfits and making them function as a team.

I'm taking notes for not using the "wife recovery password" method anytime soon

How are you? Glad you are back. One of my favorite posters.
Hey dude. Likewise! I'm glad you're still here.

Overall, I'm good. Massive career overhaul. In the next few months I'll be moving across the country to the woods of western Massachusetts. We're just about to close a deal on a 19 acre lot and build a house, which has been a dream for 5-6 years now.

OK, but for real, are we getting Luka or what? We have assembled the best set of complimentary players for a heliocentric superstar.....but our shinning star is.....Sexton?
Sexton gonna feast. Career year incoming

He’s the #9 pick, so when’s he going to play?

Are we expecting collins to just play 15-20 mins at the 4/5 this year? He good with that? $80 million for a starting 4 backup 5 role?

I don’t hate the trade. I just don’t know if it significantly improves us either. And I definitely wouldn’t want to try and balance the PT with all these egos.
15 to 20 minutes a game for a rookie is just fine. Also I think we probably see Collins in the 25 minute a game range for this year when we have a healthy roster. When injuries happen though you can expect him to be closer to 35 in those games so in the end he will probably average around 28 to 30 minutes a game. Now the real question is what Collins do we get. If it is last years Collins then it doesn't make us any better in my opinion. If it is the Collins from 3 years ago then it is a pretty massive upgrade and if it is kind of in between the 2 then I agree that it doesn't improve us signicantly which I'm still okay with because I think that puts us in the bottom 5 of the west and we keep our pick.

Overall, I'm good. Massive career overhaul. In the next few months I'll be moving across the country to the woods of western Massachusetts. We're just about to close a deal on a 19 acre lot and build a house, which has been a dream for 5-6 years now.
Not gonna lie - that’s effing awesome. Live the dream. Glad you’re able to do that.

I doubt KO is as good for Hendricks' development as playing basketball is.

If Lauri is playing primarily as a 3 and Collins/Hendricks play a little 3, then it feels like there are still plenty of minutes to go around.

I'm not a huge KO fan, so I'm fine if goes, but I like the idea of Hendricks getting some playing time next to some more passing. It also feels like Hendricks could make up for some of KOs defensive and rebounding issues.

I lived in Springfield, MA for law school. I loved it out there!