What's new

JazzFanz 2015 Forum Mock Draft - Signup Thread

Coach Ellis

So. . . it's summer again, and we need something to pass the time. Cy has been running a consensus mock draft, but I'd like to do a full 2 round mock draft where each poster takes on one team and we pick in their stead. I've participated in NFL mock drafts for years on other forums, and figured I'd try to run one an NBA one here. If there's enough interest, I'll do it again next summer and try to make it an annual thing.

Rules are simple. Picking teams are first come, first serve until the whole group is filled. If we can't come up with 30 GMs, then I'll assign 2nd teams as needed. Any unclaimed teams will go BPA off of a value list that I will compile from an average of 3 different draft sites. Trading is allowable, but will be limited to current picks, future picks (up through 2018), cash (up to a total of $3 million per team) and maybe the rights of international players (not sure how I feel about that one, but will consider it.) Trades will only be vetoed if one or more teams don't actually have the picks being used OR if trading a future pick makes it so that a team won't have a 1st round selection for two strait drafts.

Anybody who would like to have a shot at running the Jazz will have their name put into a lottery. If we get 30 GMs, then the last guy in will inherit whatever team is abandoned for the Jazz. If not 30, then I'll either assign them to someone or run two teams myself. To make things fair, I won't be in the lottery to run the Jazz.

I'll take input on when to start the draft (the day after all teams are claimed and the lottery for the Jazz happens), when to run the clock for picks to be made (I'm thinking 9 AM - 11 PM Mountain Time) and how long to give each GM to make a pick ( I'm thinking 6 hours for first round picks, and 4 hours for 2nd round picks.) I know that we have a lot of international posters here on the forum, so I'd suggest sending a proxy list of players that you'd want at your selection to myself or other posters if you know you won't be around to post it yourself. Also, try to work out trades in advance of your pick. We only have a few weeks to get all the way through this thing (which should be more than enough time if guys just make their picks on time.) I'd like to have all of the teams filled and then figure out who gets the Jazz by Thursday or Friday at the latest. The more GMs we can get, the better of an outcome we will have.

Since I'm out for the Jazz, I want to make sure I get one of the top two players. Can't stand the Lakers, so I'm going to take the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Western Conference

Northwest
Portland Trailblazers - Jeffrey32
Oklahoma City Thunder - Crocodile Dante
Utah Jazz - Hack by lottery
Denver Nuggets - Hekate
Minnesota Timberwolves - Ellis269

Southwest
Houston Rockets - Stitches
Memphis Grizzlies - White Chocolate
San Antonio Spurs - Doublea
Dallas Mavericks - Crocodile Dante
New Orleans Pelicans - Cy

Pacific
Golden State Warriors - stormkoopavc03
Los Angeles Clippers - unloved and unwanted
Phoenix Suns - Howard
Sacramento Kings - ONE LOVE
Los Angeles Lakers - stitches

Eastern Conference

Southeast
Atlanta Hawks - mellow
Washington Wizards - Cy
Miami Heat - ONE LOVE
Charlotte Hornets - audacious3ball
Orlando Magic - tfivas

Atlantic
Toronto Raptors - mellow
Boston Celtics - Thee jazz fan
Brooklyn Nets - tfivas
Philadelphia 76ers - White Chocolate
New York Knicks - Hack

Central
Cleveland Cavaliers - Hekate
Chicago Bulls - Thee jazz fan
Milwaukee Bucks - mdalby
Indiana Pacers - kyjazzfan
Detroit Pistons - Avery

Jeffrey32 - team TBD

Last edited:
First come, first serve from here on out if you want to participate.

Let me know what team you want and whether or not you want to be in the lottery to switch to the Jazz. Thanks.

White Chocolate set a record for trades in the All time and Current NBA fantasy drafts last year. I'm actually really pleased that he took Philly. I considered them, but ultimately decided that I want to set the tone.

I used to secretly root for Milwaukee until they hired Jason Kidd. Boston would be more interesting, but I like the Hawks more. Heat would be fun, just so I could make sure to pass on the Players I want available for the jazz. Maybe Hornets or Kings, I couldn't do worse than their owners and GMs.

Okay I want Atlanta.

I used to secretly root for Milwaukee until they hired Jason Kidd. Boston would be more interesting, but I like the Hawks more. Heat would be fun, just so I could make sure to pass on the Players I want available for the jazz. Maybe Hornets or Kings, I couldn't do worse than their owners and GMs.

Okay I want Atlanta.
This post reminds me of the Frank Caliendo bit where he impersonates Jeff Goldblum talking about his favorite food.

(As Frank Caliendo) But how long can you sustain a Jeff Goldblum impression? Because Goldblum will commit to something 100 percent, and then he does a complete 180. That's his whole thing. It'll be like "What's your favorite food, Jeff?"

(As Jeff Goldblum) I like hot dogs, you know. They're very, very good. I like hot dogs. Mustard, ketchup, relish, all kinds of things. Chili dogs are good. Cheesy dogs are even better. Wait a second. I'm a vegetarian.

This post reminds me of the Frank Caliendo bit where he impersonates Jeff Goldblum talking about his favorite food.

(As Frank Caliendo) But how long can you sustain a Jeff Goldblum impression? Because Goldblum will commit to something 100 percent, and then he does a complete 180. That's his whole thing. It'll be like "What's your favorite food, Jeff?"

(As Jeff Goldblum) I like hot dogs, you know. They're very, very good. I like hot dogs. Mustard, ketchup, relish, all kinds of things. Chili dogs are good. Cheesy dogs are even better. Wait a second. I'm a vegetarian.

Ellis why would you be opposed to trading the rights of foreign players? Also, I'm very interested in who is going to go #1, as you said you want one of the two best players in the draft. I wonder who those two are, going to be interesting to find out come draft time.

Ellis why would you be opposed to trading the rights of foreign players? Also, I'm very interested in who is going to go #1, as you said you want one of the two best players in the draft. I wonder who those two are, going to be interesting to find out come draft time.
I'm not necessarily opposed to trading international rights. I just want to hear opinions from participants before deciding. I'm personally leaning towards letting guys do it, but I want some input first. That's all.

As far as the top 2 players, I'll tell you after they're picked. I'm keeping things close to the vest in case I get a trade offer I can't refuse.

I'm not necessarily opposed to trading international rights. I just want to hear opinions from participants before deciding. I'm personally leaning towards letting guys do it, but I want some input first. That's all.

As far as the top 2 players, I'll tell you after they're picked. I'm keeping things close to the vest in case I get a trade offer I can't refuse.

Sounds good.

I'lll do it. But I think it be better if teams were randomized.

If not, I'll just take whoever. I dont care.