What's new

JazzFanz 2015 Forum Mock Draft - Signup Thread

Cy is in - I'll assign a team later

Thee Jazz Fan wants the Celtics

tfvias can have the Magic - I'm okay with a low post count as long as you're around to make your pick

Any missed picks just get the BPA from my draft site consensus value board

Crocodile Dante wants the Thunder (But you know you can't trade active NBA players in this thing, right?)

Cy is in - I'll assign a team later

Thee Jazz Fan wants the Celtics

tfvias can have the Magic - I'm okay with a low post count as long as you're around to make your pick

Any missed picks just get the BPA from my draft site consensus value board

Crocodile Dante wants the Thunder (But you know you can't trade active NBA players in this thing, right?)

Why can't you trade active players? I think we should be allowed to as long as a pick is involved. Teams are allowed to trade active players on actual draft day.

Why can't you trade active players? I think we should be allowed to as long as a pick is involved. Teams are allowed to trade active players on actual draft day.
A. Teams are still fairly restricted by the salary cap.

B. Almost every major trade involving a player happens prior to the draft.

C. I'd prefer to not have it turn into an NBA fantasy endeavor/free for all. Including active players requires some form of veto system, because we are not nearly as invested in our teams as real GMs are.

D. The most successful mock draft I've ever participated in (and I've done it for 8 years now and look forward to it every year) is a really strict, strait up draft. No player trades. Just picks (he doesn't even allow trading future picks.) I want to model this one on that and see how it goes. Depending on feedback I get, I might change it in the future (or not), but based on my experiences running these things, I'm pretty sure that this is the right way to do it.

A. Teams are still fairly restricted by the salary cap.

B. Almost every major trade involving a player happens prior to the draft.

C. I'd prefer to not have it turn into an NBA fantasy endeavor/free for all. Including active players requires some form of veto system, because we are not nearly as invested in our teams as real GMs are.

D. The most successful mock draft I've ever participated in (and I've done it for 8 years now and look forward to it every year) is a really strict, strait up draft. No player trades. Just picks (he doesn't even allow trading future picks.) I want to model this one on that and see how it goes. Depending on feedback I get, I might change it in the future (or not), but based on my experiences running these things, I'm pretty sure that this is the right way to do it.

Fair enough, but we can trade euro rights and future picks?

well the lakers just got screwed so I guess that is a good thing and a bad thing because d'angelo Russell would be a perfect fit running the show next to KD.

Besides draft picks, can we trade players as well? I mean, not like unrealistic crazy offers when using veteran players in trades.

Not bad so far. 1/3 of the team's are taken. List is updated I the first post. Hoping to get as many different GMs as possible.

I thought of this trade last night I would trade Westbrook straight up for #2
We shouldn't trade players. Think we would trade them willy-nilly some teams have more and better players to trade. There is no way u should trade Westbrook for #2. Also good luck trading Kanter. Lol
How do we decide who is the winner? Or dont we do that at the end?

It's a mock draft of a draft. After we could do polls for grades for each teams draft.