What's new

Jeff Hornacek interviewing for the 76ers Job

Horny will go there, and get the boot if he fails to produce. They won't let the coach go blameless.

I'd like to see Jeff get a shot at HC, but preferably HERE. I think he likes it here, or at least out west. But money talks I guess.

If Philly and Phoenix are willing to talk to him about it, what's the Jazz's problem? Oh wait, Corbin. His name is Corbin.

So, if Horny gets a HC offer, comes back to Utah and says make me head coach or I bolt, do they still keep Corbin?

Would there be a bigger PR nightmare than Horny doing that to Utah?

I say, Utah, fire Corbin, hire Horny. He can't be any worse.

Horny was an extremely intelligent player and is a coach's son. It's in his blood. I have a feeling he's going to be a good coach and that the Jazz will rue the day he leaves. The Jazz should fire Ty and promote Horny, but we all know that's not going to happen. They will let Ty waste another year before letting him go.

The only Layden who should ever have been a head coach is Frank.

Last edited:
Any chance that Corbin shakes up his coaching staff?

Sidney Lowe could be a coaching consultant. He could even go to North Carolina and hang out with KOC, maybe they could play golf together with KOC's accountant.

Jeff could be promoted to the #1 assistant aka interim coach in training.

Larry Saunders could be promoted too and the Jazz could hire a real big-men coach--is Jarron Collins doing anything these days?

And could we PLEASE rehire Gordon Chiesa if for no other reason than to have him do the halftime interviews on TV and radio, and the weekly talk with a coach segments on 1280 the Zone. Jazz organization would benifit from his optimism, energy, experience and communication skills.

Last edited:
Layden, on the other hand, can go. He's fine as an assistant, but we all see what he did in NY when he had the ability to make decisions. The only Layden who should ever have been a head coach is Frank.

Layden left last season, which is funny because I totally forgot about this a few months ago and assumed he was still here.

It is also interesting that if the Sixers don't re-sign Bynum, I would bet that they look hard at Jefferson. Hornacek and Jefferson could be together again in Philly.

I wish the Jazz would hire Phil Johnson as a consultant, rather than in the broadcast booth. He would be a good mentor to the coaching staff and he is terrible during halftime in the booth.

Seeing this news makes me feel sick. I love Horny, he is always talking to the players during timeouts and seems to have a real connection with them, unlike Corbin. I want Horny to be a successful coach....but I want him to do it in Utah, is that too much to ask?

Same. I guess I completely tuned out any news about Layden during his tenure here. Probably reflects how disinterested I became in watching us this season after realizing that Ty is a lost cause.

Yeah, I think Horny would be a true player's coach and he seems to get it. I really think he will succeed as a head coach wherever it may be, but it should be here.

And don't get me wrong, if Horny becomes a HC somewhere, I'll be cheering for him. One of my favorite players, I still a basketball he autographed for me when I was a little kid...super nice guy. And thinking about it...he deserves to be a HC

Horny seems too nice, not sure if he's the type that can instill respect via fear or force of his personality. If he gets to a place with willing listeners he will be fine, I just wonder about him being able to handle stronger personalities in the locker room. Same thing I wonder about Corbin.