What's new

JFC... I Need Your help

Kohinoor > India Palace >>>>>> Bombay House. Though it’s been a while (10 years) since I’ve been to Bombay House. India Palace has that lunch buffet and I eat there most frequently due to proximity. Would prefer Kohinoor.
What do you eat when you get Indian food? How spicy do you like it? Do you eat it with naan bread? If so, do you get flavored or plain naan?

Has anyone ever appreciated the differences between Indian food in Utah and elsewhere? Off the top of my head, I’ve eaten Indian food in LA, Dallas, Austin, St. Louis, Columbia, Arkansas, NYC, and maybe others. None of it comes close to what I’ve found in Utah, which is interesting.

Not really. Some is better. Some is not as good. Had Indian in Minneapolis and the DC area in the last year.

Good stuff. Thanks gents. I’ll be in my new place on the 12th. Just paid the movers.

Last edited:
Had Indian food in Hong Kong. Pretty similar to what I've had here.

So yesterday I needed to do some grocery shopping, but I was feeling extra lazy. I had heard of this shopping service called Instacart, and I thought I'd give it a try.

The guy refunded about a 1/3rd of the order because he couldn't find the items (********), and got me 6 pounds of tomatoes, instead of the 6 tomatoes I ordered. What am I gonna do with 6 pounds of tomatoes? I guess I'm making bolognese today, since I have no other choice!

Never again.

If you want some extended time in Utah to check it out and attend some games, you’re free to come down in your 4th year if they let you do “international” rotations.

they try and get us to do those in the summer time-- but i'll look into it!

What do you eat when you get Indian food? How spicy do you like it? Do you eat it with naan bread? If so, do you get flavored or plain naan?
I do the standard American thing and get shrimp tikka masala hot everywhere as a baseline. Usually with chicken pakoras. Always garlic naan. The buffers are nice as I usually get everything.
they try and get us to do those in the summer time-- but i'll look into it!
Fourth year is not a free-for-all up there?

I do the standard American thing and get shrimp tikka masala hot everywhere as a baseline. Usually with chicken pakoras. Always garlic naan. The buffers are nice as I usually get everything.

Fourth year is not a free-for-all up there?

I suppose it might be-- I'm honestly not too sure-- but generally you wanna pick electives in areas you want to apply to for residency. I honestly don't know anyone who does American electives in fourth year, but I suppose students who want to work there might. I'm just in first year so there's lots to the process I'm still trying to learn

I suppose it might be-- I'm honestly not too sure-- but generally you wanna pick electives in areas you want to apply to for residency. I honestly don't know anyone who does American electives in fourth year, but I suppose students who want to work there might. I'm just in first year so there's lots to the process I'm still trying to learn
In fourth year I did one rotation in Philadelphia and hit up a bunch of other places on interviews. I posted pictures here. Just saying if you're wanting to hit up Utah during the season and need a way to turn a required rotation into a vacation, hit me up.

There are a lot more sports teams in Utah than I realized. Gonna look into the Grizzlies, Owlz, Real SL and the new Royals. Should be relatively cheap fun.

There are a lot more sports teams in Utah than I realized. Gonna look into the Grizzlies, Owlz, Real SL and the new Royals. Should be relatively cheap fun.

Watching the owlz is like watching high school baseball. You might as well find something free and bring your own hotdogs and pop. They are kids and generally the smaller ones. Fireworks night can be cool if you can stay up that late. The lawn tickets are good seats but it's a freeforall on the seating.

I find Hockey boring but watching it live in person is fun. Tickets are pretty cheap and there is a hotel within very short walking distance called Staybridge Suits that is badass for families. You can reserve their private theatre, sit out by the Nat gas fire, swim in the pool that has a cool slide and child playground area, eat pizza, and hit up the arcade. Boondocks is across the street and Wiseguys is just down the road if you can leave an older kid to tend.

Cheapest starvation in SLC.

Watching the owlz is like watching high school baseball. You might as well find something free and bring your own hotdogs and pop. They are kids and generally the smaller ones. Fireworks night can be cool if you can stay up that late. The lawn tickets are good seats but it's a freeforall on the seating.

I find Hockey boring but watching it live in person is fun. Tickets are pretty cheap and there is a hotel within very short walking distance called Staybridge Suits that is badass for families. You can reserve their private theatre, sit out by the Nat gas fire, swim in the pool that has a cool slide and child playground area, eat pizza, and hit up the arcade. Boondocks is across the street and Wiseguys is just down the road if you can leave an older kid to tend.

Cheapest starvation in SLC.

I'll live close enough that a hotel is not needed and I will have a bunch of kidless nights on my hands.

My father used to talk mad **** about soccer but I took him to an RSL game and he loved it. He's always bugging me to go now, I'd highly recommend it. Griz and Bee's games are a cheap night out as well. Not the greatest action and sometimes boring but usually it's pretty fun.

BYU basketball (and other non-football sports) is also pretty cheap.

Can Thursday just get here already? I’m sick of this house and not seeing my kids. Can’t wait to ditch this town.

Tomorrow I arrive!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Hit me up and come see my hole lol!!

Also looking for recipes for a single dad and two Littles lol.