What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
I wonder if Tatum was pissed about the Haywood acquisition?

Dude looks legit, will be tough to get minutes over the next 4 years.

He's not stealing minutes from Stevens butt buddy.

I think they are going to play lineups where they have Hayward/Brown/Tatum playing 2-4. I dont think he really interrupts much PT for Tatum.

I still think Ainge was really stupid for not drafting Fultz though. Would have been the perfect fit with Hayward.

No`, you don't get it at all. Crowder is good value on a really good contract. Right now Ainge is trying to dump some of his trash so he can keep someone like Crowder. If he decides to move Crowder, he can do so and get something good in return.

I don't think you have a very good grasp on which contracts have value and which don't. Utah taking Crowder for free in a Haywood S&t is most certainly NOT doing them a favor, it is Utah getting lucky as hell compared to losing Hey-turd for nothing. We aren't likely to get Crowder without giving another asset besides Haywood.

No you don't get it at all. These are people and they aren't slaves. There are 450 of the most talented basketball players on the planet watching this play out just like you and I are. There is business and there is class. Disrespecting Crowder any further is a lack of class. He isn't just a commodity. Hell he isn't just a fly by nighter or a lucky to be here. He is an NBA starter. He is a member of the fraternity. How Ainge deals with Crowder's situation matters.

Dear Jae Crowder, if you come out in the next 12 hours and say something like "I demand a trade, and I will NOT be showing up for training camp unless I am traded" then I will probably love you forever. Let's add more fuel to this fire.

Well, that was pretty much my point. People think he's going to be traded for Haywood, when he would likely cost us a first rounder. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Ainge intends on keeping him. He has lots of other options here.

this Ainge and Bartltheif aren't going to do anything out of obligation. I'd love it to happen but can't see them doing it.

Whether the deal involves Crowder or doesn't it's still in Boston's best to work a sign and trade out with the Jazz. Which is great for us. A massive trade exception would be so valuable to us.

Dear Jae Crowder, if you come out in the next 12 hours and say something like "I demand a trade, and I will NOT be showing up for training camp unless I am traded" then I will probably love you forever. Let's add more fuel to this fire.

Jae Crower is getting traded, for sure. It's just probably not to us. I dont think he is the kind of guy you want on your team if he is angry at the team.

Somebody please make a #JAEWARD photoshop.

Jae Crower is getting traded, for sure. It's just probably not to us. I dont think he is the kind of guy you want on your team if he is angry at the team.

Uhhh Rudy Gobert would poop emoji the **** out of the Jazz if we sought a replacement in FA. So many poops would he bring.

1s1yf8.jpg

We need to consider the fact that replacing 70% of Haywards production for 1/5 the price would be HUGE. Ainge can't give him up for nothing but all four parties are probably motivated to make a deal. I'm sure Ainge would take less than market value to appease all sides. So if we have to give a protected pick or something I think it's well worth it. Even if we don't like the idea of handing over even more to Boston.

Really? Can you think of a single good NBA-starter who would not be annoyed with his team if they two years in a row used the number 3 pick in the draft to pick someone who played his position and then traded for a player who everyone thinks is better?

We need to consider the fact that replacing 70% of Haywards production for 1/5 the price would be HUGE. Ainge can't give him up for nothing but all four parties are probably motivated to make a deal. I'm sure Ainge would take less than market value to appease all sides. So if we have to give a protected pick or something I think it's well worth it. Even if we don't like the idea of handing over even more to Boston.

I would call it more like 50%, but sure, yeah.

Really? Can you think of a single good NBA-starter who would not be annoyed with his team if they two years in a row used the number 3 pick in the draft to pick someone who played his position and then traded for a player who everyone thinks is better?

They are drafting wings because wings are the most valuable players and you can play 3 of them at a time.....

He might be traded to us. We should offer a first round pick for him. Maybe a first and a second. He's on an amazing contract. It would seriously soften Heywood's betrayal.