What's new

JR Smith - when you're in Utah people shout the "N" word.

I live in Texas. I'd say there's a lot more outward racism here than in Utah. In Utah, people may think it but are 1) not exposed to black people often 2) are too polite to say anything like that publicly.

Right. The same applies to Virginia. In fact, I once told an older white woman that her last name, Schwartz, meant "black" in German. And she EXPLODED. She would have reacted better had I told her that her mother was a whore. I kept trying to explain over her shouts that I'm simply talking about the color, and that it had nothing to do with race. But she would have none of it.

That incident alone was more than all the racism I've seen in Utah put together.

Blacks over there are just as racist too. While working as a cashier at a gas station, a young black man comes in late at night, and he starts chatting with me. Upon learning that I'm an Arab, he goes on a tirade about how much he admires Bin Laden because he wants to "kill all of em white mother****ers". ROFL.

Man the South is so racist.

Thanks for answering. I'm very surprised that you have heard people yell that. Are you okay with it? If I heard a white person doing that I would confront them. I am very surprised that no one did. And as I said before, I think it's beyond ridiculous that black people can get away with it when it's deemed to be such an offensive word if it comes out of a white person's mouth.

Also, just to clear up some possible confusion. I'm not Jesus.

Of course i'm not, i'm not ok with people yelling anything negative let alone racial slurs.

Buddha then?