What's new

July 7th, Summer League Game 1: Utah vs. Miami

I am a bit worried seeing Burke's last step. One of the shots Burke missed he was a half step in front of his defender, with no help defense in front of him. Instead of bursting up for the layup, he gave up ground going up and ended up having an awkward running sky hook he tried to bank in. Athleticism would have helped there, but otherwise it was just going up strong. He wasn't confident enough to do that. It's something he probably will overcome (he better!), but that pretty much summed up his entire game though. Just doesn't have the confidence to push himself for that last little step.

I'd also like to see him get more confident pulling up for shots, seeing as that should be his strength, especially when the defender goes under the pick. At least 2 or 3 times he coulda gone up, but didn't.

Gobert's mobility is shockingly good, and his help defense instincts look good. Against some teams in the NBA right now, he could be a major contributor if they don't have bigs that could bully him (Bucks and Larry Sanders comes to mind).

Can barely see Evans out there, kinda disappointing.

I was expecting more from evans :-(

Can't expect too much from burke this game...... he is going up against bongo

I am a bit worried seeing Burke's last step. One of the shots Burke missed he was a half step in front of his defender, with no help defense in front of him. Instead of bursting up for the layup, he gave up ground going up and ended up having an awkward running sky hook he tried to bank in. Athleticism would have helped there, but otherwise it was just going up strong. He wasn't confident enough to do that. It's something he probably will overcome (he better!), but that pretty much summed up his entire game though. Just doesn't have the confidence to push himself for that last little step.

I'd also like to see him get more confident pulling up for shots, seeing as that should be his strength, especially when the defender goes under the pick. At least 2 or 3 times he coulda gone up, but didn't.

Gobert's mobility is shockingly good, and his help defense instincts look good. Against some teams in the NBA right now, he could be a major contributor if they don't have bigs that could bully him (Bucks and Larry Sanders comes to mind).

Can barely see Evans out there, kinda disappointing.

Trey Burke must really train his ad-/abductor musclepair. Will help him keep balance and strength when finishing near the rim.

Burke didn't show a killer instinct on that play. Miami player down hurt and Burke acted like he wanted to help him up. Five on four and he couldn't find the open man.

I would call this a "must win"... by 15 points game

Gobert isn't shabby from the charity stripe. Pretty exciting stuff IMO

Burke didn't show a killer instinct on that play. Miami player down hurt and Burke acted like he wanted to help him up. Five on four and he couldn't find the open man.

Dude, its summer league. I don't think anyone should be worried regarding Burke's intensity and killer instinct.

Burke ends a fairly mediocre game with two great dump-off passes to Gobert and Evans