What's new

Game Thread Jun 18, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 06-18-21

I've displayed a TON of negativity this series, but we all have to face the fact that this team was built to take on a team like the Lakers, the Bucks, or the Sixers. The NBA does not have another team with the versatility and 5-out ability that the Clippers have. This match-up was going to be bad right from the start. Don and Mike were both not at 100%, and our supporting cast just didn't measure up in the playoffs. The Jazz are NOT as bad as everyone is feeling right now, we just ran up against the wrong team at the wrong time. Plus, Terrence Mann played the best ball of his life tonight. Our gameplan dared him to beat us, and he did. We need more help on the bench, but our core is still a bad matchup for almost every team in the association.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Good take. Conley was a decoy tonight. For all intents and purposes, he missed the entire series.

Yeah, definitely going to start the search on athletic wings in the summer and end up grabbing another back up centers who couldn't shoot as well as a small guards who can't defend. just the typical way of this FO.

It's the offensive game plan of living and dying on three. I seen this coming from a mile away come playoffs time. Add that with Quinn history of Being worst at end of year just like at Mizzou.
For these series it was the defense that drove me nuts. No adjustment to the Clippers small ball. In the first half, you saw some changes: Rudy would contest the layup but the defender who got beaten was already rotating to the corner to defend. All those rotations went to hell in the second half. I wish Quin had tried something different but nah. Also Conley was probably playing at 50% and couldn't rotate at all in the second half, at that point I would just play Clarkson or somebody else.

Rudy had zero blocks the last two games. Reggie Jackson wasn’t even scared.

I’m good moving Rudy to do a pivot here. He will win 50 and help a team like Sacramento lose in the first round... they’ll love em.

But people are on here blaming Donovan Mitchell. I don't understand it. I honestly don't.

It's like Bulls fans bashing Jordan his first 4 years because all he could do was score and pass by not win. Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs his first 3 years.
Wahhhh!!! <Insertbabyemogi>

Are you kidding me right now, grow up. He played awful D, you want to compare him to Jordan he better step his game up

Batum would not blow by Bojan. All he can do is spot up. Bojan could guard that.

PG would beat his man and you live with it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Batum would... he actually looks quite spry. Dunked in Bogey in the first half.

Rudy doesn’t have it. Dude is soft as ****.
Bull. They don't use him right. Look at Capela in Atlanta and how the lob for him. Utah just want to shoot 3s and no one respect their midrange game since they take none. Look at CP3 masterly carving up Nuggets in their series with the Mid range and it opened up the lob. Utah is just to easy to prep for.
If anything it's coaching but it's also their is no Real DOGS on this team. Love to get a Montrez Harrell In here. A power forward who can run bang and do all the dirty stuff us ladies like

Anyone who wants to blame a meltdown this epic on one person does not understand what they just saw, let alone the game in general. We have 1 DPOY, 2-3 decent defenders, and almost literally no one else With any kind of meaningful defensive presence. This team can play good enough D, when clicking, to take down any team that doesn't have a strong wing presence. But most teams that gave us trouble has dynamic wing play and excellent perimeter players. The makeup of our team got exposed. Gobert shouldn't be expected to be defending the perimeter, we should have perimeter defenders. But we have none. And this has been our biggest problem for 2 years now and the team has done nothing to address it. And when Gobert is expected to bail literally everyone else out on literally every single play how do you expect him to do that? What, no blame for EVERYONE who just let their guy blow by them, over and over again? No blame for everyone who didn't even try to rotate, and when they did, were far too slow and ineffective? Nope, it's just Gobert's fault for literally not being everywhere on the court at once. Why did he allow so many 3s? Well they rotated someone under the rim when they ball went to the weak side and no one else on our team rotated to the rim to help Gobert. So his choice was contest the 3 or allow the uncontested layup. Great choice.

2 things got exposed here: our problem with perimeter D, and our inability to play against different looks without an entire game in between to plan something. We did the same thing over and over and over even when it was clear they had adjusted and that wasn't working anymore. But we didn't adjust anything at all. We need a coach whoop can actually draw up a play to counter what the other team is doing and have his team ready to execute that play. And apparently that ain't Quin.

But hey, we had injuries and the team is loyal to a MOTHER****ING fault, so it is every excuse to just run it back exactly the same next year, a team built for regular season greatness and playoff meltdowns.

Yay.

We win the game if they hit layups instead of 3s. They hit like 15 3s in the 2nd half.

Not gonna disagree there. But you don't need to take Rudy out to give them layups instead of threes. Just tell Rudy that he isn't allowed to help any of his teammates defensively. Tell him to stick to Mann on the perimeter and give up the layup. I'm sure they would work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Batum would not blow by Bojan. All he can do is spot up. Bojan could guard that.

PG would beat his man and you live with it.

Lol, I literally watched Batum blow by bojan and dunk on his head in this very game. It was pretty amazing.
I guess you missed that play

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app