What's new

Game Thread Jun 18, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 06-18-21

Mitchel just needs to not be hurt. That is the biggest adjustment.
What do you want from him? He had a 40 point triple double. How much better would he do if he was healthy. We needed Rudy and Mike to be all stars. Mike isn’t right and Rudy didn’t do it.

This would be the third different way his defense is neutered in the playoffs.

I understand that everyone is frustrated. But this LoPo lineup is probably the most non sense thing I've ever seen. You don't have to understand basketball to be a fan, but c'mon.. that's just too much
Why? We just gave up two 40 points quarters with Rudy. And we are worried about Bojan at C? Maybe the offense is worth the bad defense. Who knows.

What I just watched didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I know this ain't going be popular around here but Donovan Mitchell is a new Gen version of Tmac,Gilbert,Melo. And you can win alot of games in regular season but you losing early in playoffs.. it's the problem with having your best player being a volume scorer.
He looks more like Dame to me. Granted Dame didn't win anything either

Quin blinks so much... Coke, Meth? What the hell.

Jazz fanz became Mitchell Fanboys vs. Rudy Fanboys.
Team sports are not like that. We need both to win and good complementary pieces too. The pieces we had were not good enough for this series. We need to retool and run it back next year. Coaching staff needs to improve. We can't have 50% of our bench of long term development projects and we need to adjust better.

And he still got scored on... he was terrible today... ****ing horrible. He had many opportunities to make plays around the rim and made exactly none. I get that we have limitations but if he is DPOY and we can’t build something around him that has some integrity then he’s limited.

If you can’t see his limitations tonight then you may never see em.
I get the limitations. I just think this whole hype up defense thing has unrealistic expectations on Rudy. Top 3 DPOY candidates and last year's DPOY all looked ridiculous at elimination games this year. It's just what happens in the NBA. Playoff defense is still a team thing and a guy like Rudy can elevate that.

Defense is fundamentally different than offense and most fans look at defense as they look at offense. There has been lots of moving parts where they took Rudy out of the game. They didn't let him guard the PnR. They used him to get a blender going by pulling him to the rim and passing to his guy. This time, Mann made shots and didn't even need to start the blender.

I would have expected different coverages but Rudy would be out on the floor in all of them. I don't know to which degree the blame lies on Quin but Jazz lack smart defenders. They don't have to be good, just smart enough to apply scheme. There are lots of actions on the small side that add up little by little and culminate on Rudy.

Hawks are awesome. But I think I'll stop watching the NBA for a few days.

US Open tomorrow. Euro Cup, Copa America...some really good games there.
Ugh, Euro Cup. Another team that got my hopes up.

Jazz fanz became Mitchell Fanboys vs. Rudy Fanboys.
Team sports are not like that. We need both to win and good complementary pieces too. The pieces we had were not good enough for this series. We need to retool and run it back next year. Coaching staff needs to improve. We can't have 50% of our bench of long term development projects and we need to adjust better.

We will not win a title with Gobert eating 1/3 of our cap.

Not gonna disagree there. But you don't need to take Rudy out to give them layups instead of threes. Just tell Rudy that he isn't allowed to help any of his teammates defensively. Tell him to stick to Mann on the perimeter and give up the layup. I'm sure they would work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
If he's stuck on the perimeter on d, can't get a rebound, and can't provide any offense, why was he on the floor?

Mitchell needs to work with Stockton and Not Wade in off-season. He needs to learn the PG spot and start learning how to set up others better. Some of those shots in the 4th..woof. they were awful and other then a couple Ricky tack fouls he got and then he missed the free Throws..
Mitchell looks very impressionable, I wouldn't want him anywhere near an anti-vaxxer.

Why? We just gave up two 40 points quarters with Rudy. And we are worried about Bojan at C? Maybe the offense is worth the bad defense. Who knows.

Yep, imagine that, Rudy can't defend an individual player while simultaneously bailing out all the matadors on our team. Shocking.

If you were suggesting a small ball with Ersan at the 5, bogey at the 4 as we've seen in the regular season for small stretches, yeah, why not. But what you suggested has probably never been practiced, for sure not tested in a game so it makes no sense at all. But yeah, I get it, why play 24 minutes with the same tactics that got you 30 behind..

Lol, I literally watched Batum blow by bojan and dunk on his head in this very game. It was pretty amazing.
I guess you missed that play

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Okay

I'm wrong. We were spot on keeping Rudy in. You're right. I'm wrong because Batum had his one great athletic play.

I'm so tired of being so right about this team and getting completely ridiculed for it.