What's new

Game Thread Jun 18, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 06-18-21

hes gotta go. gives us nothing in the playoffs and this isn't going to change at his age.

tough to move on from a fan favourite but do we want to compete for a title or not
Who would take his contract? I was appalled when they gave him that extra year for funzies, it's going to kill us down the line.

If he's stuck on the perimeter on d, can't get a rebound, and can't provide any offense, why was he on the floor?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Gonna have to ask quin.
I would have tried a zone and see if that works. If not, then go small ball as well. If course this should have all been figured out before game 6.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean if you take Rudy out of the game and play smallball the Jazz still get torched, as evidenced by their 142 defensive rating when Gobert was on the bench this series.

The problem wasn't that Gobert can't guard the perimeter - it was that our gameplan was literally to keep his *** in the paint and let Mann shoot wide open 3's.

That having been said, Gobert played like garbage. His effort level, his fight, his focus, his heart. Non-existent tonight. If that's how he plays in the biggest game of his career, I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with anybody who wants him gone. He went a long way towards proving all his naysayers right tonight.

Just so damn disappointing.
Good post

He didn’t have a defensive or offensive impact and became a full liability tonight. Beverly had a defensive impact... it’s not just defense is different... it’s his limitations will get magnified the further we go in the playoffs. He didn’t make them pay at all which is as big a problem as not impacting the defense.

Let’s just call a spade a ****ing spade... he’s a great defender in the regular season but in the playoffs teams will neuter his impact on both sides of the floor at some point. As a Rudy fan and defender I didn’t want to believe it but it’s true... 129 pts... the other DPOY candidates didn’t allow that.
I have seen him be a good defender in the playoffs too. This wasn't his first playoff series.

We allowed 81 points in the second half of an elimination game…that has to be an NBA record. Reminds me of the 1992 Houston Oilers vs Buffalo Bills in the playoffs. The Oilers had a 35-3 third quarter lead but ended up choking it away and lost 41-38.

I want to take my parents to Istambul this year or the next one, let's see. I loved the city when I was there. Had an amazing time with my wife in Capadocia too, drinking good wine and playing backgammon in local restaurants almost every night. I wish next time I could visit some coastal towns.

I lived in England for a couple of years. It was great to see the clubs (I lived in Manchester) but the national team...ugh, the worst.
Istanbul is great if you like the crowd, night life and has tons of historical places. There are so many options.

But if you can go to Aegean region or Mediterranean, do so. We did a tour starting from İzmir to Antalya which was great. The sea is great and you can find some coves which are breathtaking and surprisingly empty. Lots of antique cities, if that's your thing as well.

The worst part is that all the Jazz slander we had to see all year turned out to be 100% correct and played out in the absolute worst way possible. There is just zero way to argue in favor of this team as they are now. Twitter gonna be feasting on their corpse. It’s well earned.

81 second half points in a must win game. Just mind boggling.

Istanbul is great if you like the crowd, night life and has tons of historical places. There are so many options.

But if you can go to Aegean region or Mediterranean, do so. We did a tour starting from İzmir to Antalya which was great. The sea is great and you can find some coves which are breathtaking and surprisingly empty. Lots of antique cities, if that's your thing as well.
I like both. I live in Mexico City now, so I'm kind of a big city guy. I lived in Cambridge/Boston before and found them boring.

I did visit Izmir for Ephesus. Lovely city. I'll make a note about Antalya, thanks for the tip.

Glad I was good and drunk by the time we were up 25, it was super fun. I was yelling and loving this team.. Now that we lost the lead and ultimately the game it's numbing. Now I just sit here like a jazzfan clown with a smile on my face, numb.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

When you blow a 25 pt lead it is a team effort. How you let Mann light you up for 39 pts is beyond me? Too many turnovers and the Clippers almost matched our 3 pt shooting which is the big advantage we had all year. We made 21 3 pts and scored 119 pts and lost the game by 12 pts. I think our delusional thinking that the Jazz are this great defensive team was exposure on national TV. You do not deserve to win if you blow that kind of lead. Jazz need to reevaluate their roster and get some guys who play defense, have length and can create a shot. Loyalty should not be the primary reason to keep guys.

Maybe so. However, Rudy was in the game when we got that lead.

So was everyone who just watched their guy run past them from the perimeter to the rim for the entire 2nd half. Plenty of blame to go around in a meltdown like this.

The worst part is that all the Jazz slander we had to see all year turned out to be 100% correct and played out in the absolute worst way possible. There is just zero way to argue in favor of this team as they are now. Twitter gonna be feasting on their corpse. It’s well earned.

81 second half points in a must win game. Just mind boggling.
Don't worry, we'll have jazz fans crying about how the media doesn't respect us, then we'll get out coached in the post-season. Rinse and repeat until Snyder is gone.