What's new

Game Thread Jun 18, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 06-18-21

I don’t think Rudy will be traded, but some dudes are gonna get traded. More than one I would guess out of Bojan, Ingles, Clarkson, and Fav.

Niang, Oni, Brantley, Morgan will be gone too, I’d guess. Purge at the back end. We have nothing there.

He would have at least offered token resistance on defense. That is all we needed. I get why he couldn't. Patrick freaking Beverly scored 12.

Donovan is not the guy on Defense that he was tonight. Match that up with a paper cutout of Conley, yes, you can scheme Rudy out. Especially when Quin offered no adjustments.
Again Rudy’s shortcomings are other people’s fault. DM was tough at times... he drew a PG push off and had almost as many rebounds as Rudy.

Rudy disappeared and we can say he was schemed out but he was schemed out using Terrence Mann, Bev, Batum, RJ... those guys are good nba players but pretty average...last year Jokic hit the game winner on his head... I guess that is acceptable... this is not. It’s too easy to scheme him out and that is a Rudy problem.

Again Rudy’s shortcomings are other people’s fault. DM was tough at times... he drew a PG push off and had almost as many rebounds as Rudy.

Rudy disappeared and we can say he was schemed out but he was schemed out using Terrence Mann, Bev, Batum, RJ... those guys are good nba players but pretty average...last year Jokic hit the game winner on his head... I guess that is acceptable... this is not. It’s too easy to scheme him out and that is a Rudy problem.

Imagine blaming Donovan who dropped 39/9/9 on one leg.

Imagine blaming Donovan who dropped 39/9/9 on one leg.
They are afraid of life without Rudy. They have put so much time and heart into his rise that they have just accepted and ignored his glaring weaknesses. So much so that the narrative always turns into a blame of somebody else.

We will always appreciate Rudy, but many are seeing him for what he is - good but not near elite.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

The other DPOY candidates didn't have this much of a burden, though. Giannis got Jrue, Lopez and Tucker. He would have been fine if he could just slow down Durant. Simmons can't even stay on Trae and he has Green, Embiid and Thybulle on his team. Bam has 4 other good defenders that can switch and looked lost against a team that struggled against the switch.

Rudy has Royce!?
Jebus... look... it isn’t all on him obvi but when Reggie Jackson takes it right the **** at him while he is camped in the paint I need him to win that battle... he lost it twice. Just like he lost it twice times the game before when Mann, RJ took it to him. That is his area of responsibility and he didn’t take care of it.

Why can’t it ever be Rudy’s problem... we always put it on other guys... every ****ing year. We’ve had better perimeter defenders... playoffs it still gets neutered to an extent. We have to bring in better offensive players to help us cover for some of his shortcomings on offense or else we can’t score well enough. Hes limited... the scheme and Rudy are limited.

They are afraid of life without Rudy. They have put so much time and heart into his rise that they have just accepted and ignored his glaring weaknesses. So much so that the narrative always turns into a blame of somebody else.

We will always appreciate Rudy, but many are seeing him for what he is - good but not near elite.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jebus... look... it isn’t all on him obvi but when Reggie Jackson takes it right the **** at him while he is camped in the paint I need him to win that battle... he lost it twice. Just like he lost it twice times the game before when Mann, RJ took it to him. That is his area of responsibility and he didn’t take care of it.

Why can’t it ever be Rudy’s problem... we always put it on other guys... every ****ing year. We’ve had better perimeter defenders... playoffs it still gets neutered to an extent. We have to bring in better offensive players to help us cover for some of his shortcomings on offense or else we can’t score well enough. Hes limited... the scheme and Rudy are limited.

These guys get it.

I have seen him be a good defender in the playoffs too. This wasn't his first playoff series.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Good until he meets his kryptonite... small ball or a shooting 5 then the house of cards falls. We’ve been given plenty of evidence... we can believe it or deny it but the sample is large.

Why didn’t he try Ersan? Brantley? Why not a zone to try and hide our bad perimeter defenders?
Quin gets some blame too. He’s a good coach but everyone making him some super genius needs to calm down... he has a look that makes you think he’s smarter than he is. Ty Lue may look like a gold fish but he coached circles around Quin and it wasn’t close. Ty has more options for sure but Quin didn’t try the limited options he had.

Rudy needs to be traded while in his prime he will not help us win a championship we could get at least 2 first rounders for him or a decent player and a 1st rounder that’s enough to rebuild a little

Quin gets some blame too. He’s a good coach but everyone making him some super genius needs to calm down... he has a look that makes you think he’s smarter than he is. Ty Lue may look like a gold fish but he coached circles around Quin and it wasn’t close. Ty has more options for sure but Quin didn’t try the limited options he had.
Quin is out coached in playoff for 5th year.

Eh, Rudy has problems which I am willing to admit. I think there is an urge in him to protect the rim that makes him not trust any of his teammates. It is somewhat justified, Jazz have had terrible perimeter defenders the last 2 years but you have to guard your man first and you can't half *** contests in the playoffs. However, if he shut down Mann and everyone else scored and we got beat, the blame would still be on him. I just don't think putting Rudy between a rock and a hard place is a viable strategy.

Clips started almost all of their actions from the opposite side from Rudy because Rudy would slow it down, buy time and let defenders settle. But when you are the last line of defense and you are coming from the corner to help on a guy that's coming towards the rim unhindered, you aren't going to do much even if you are Rudy. I wish we would have switched in those situations so Rudy wouldn't need to care about Mann but Jazz perimeter defenders are slow, hobbled and not very smart. If Mitchell or Conley, ran straight to Mann after getting beat, may be we could have stood a better chance.

Still Rudy either needs to trust in the system or his teammates. I don't like the concept of playing halfway both. There are some habits there that needs to be eliminated.

Offensively, he got schemed out by Clips with a ZONE! We were all looking forward to that. Jazz have great offensive players and shooters, you don't need Rudy to beat a zone. Zone is when we thought we would feast. I don't know how that would be Rudy's fault.